The 3rd Conference on “Green Urbanism” (GU), 2019, follows the success of the previous event which was launched in 2016 and 2018. It aims to the Achieving of sustainability and resilience of urban environments as those are the key challenges of our time. This conference is a way to deal with limited resources as well as the need for adaptation to the effects of a changing climate and urban environments as they are increasingly questioning the sustainability and resilience of urban environments and infrastructure systems.
The world is in the midst of a disturbance of a growing, consuming population, and environmental degradation, which produces many environmental challenges such as global climate change, excessive fossil fuel dependency and the growing demand for energy, all likely to be major challenges and ones of the greatest problems facing humanity nowadays. The majority of the world cities are confronted with similar and comparable challenges, including for instance increases in resource consumption, mobility demand, pollution, urban sprawl, social inequities, and erosion of fertile topsoil and depletion of ecosystems. Since its early days, the discourse around “smart cities” has included environmental sustainability as one of its core principles.
In this context, urban design is the fundamental principle of how to shape our cities. Because almost half of the energy consumed is used in cities and urban built-up areas, it is necessary to avoid mistakes in urban design at early stages in order to own more sustainable cities. Green Urbanism reflects upon practical strategies focusing on increasing sustainability beyond and within the scope of individual buildings. The conference discusses how urbanism is affected by the paradigms of ecology and how smart and green concepts, systems and interventions could truly constitute to the construction, management, operation and maintenance of sustainable and resilient urban cities, in the framework of both new urban developments and the transformation of existing urban environments.
The significance of this conference lies in the pressing need for the integration of sustainability principles in the urban design process of cities and the general need for a sustainable city development. It will be of particular relevance to the rapid urban growth of developing cities. As with the conference theme, the metaphor of Green Urbanism should inspire our imagination and reflection toward sustainable and resilient urbanism.
IEREK organizes this conference to deal with cross-cut issues in architecture and urban design and addresses the question of the ways we can best and cohesively integrate all the aspects of energy systems, transportation systems, waste and water management and passive and active strategies into contemporary urban design and improved environmental performance of our cities.
1. City Urban Form And Natural Resources
2. Urbanization Of Rural Area: Energy, Water And Food Security
3. Strengthening The Connection Between City Center And Its Gateways
4. Sustainable Public Transportation And Mobility Systems
5. Creative Environments: Sustainable Places Of Living, Working And Recreation
6. Green Infrastructures And Social Services
7. Green Buildings: Designing Buildings With Nature And With Technologies
8. Energy-efficiency In The Built Environment
9. Waste Management, Pollution And Health Risks
10. Climate Responsive Architecture: Solar Architecture And Renewable Energies
11. Green Buildings And Districts In Passive Designs: Daylight In Buildings And Nature Ventilation
12. Innovative And Eco-friendly Materials For The Building Envelope
13. Strategies For New Cities Proposals In Developing Countries
14. Towards Zero-waste City
15. Landscape, Gardens, Streetscapes And Urban Biodiversity
16. Water, Local Food And Short Supply Chains
17. Formulating The Principles Of Green Urbanism
18. Urban Governance, Leadership And Best Practice In Education, Research And Knowledge
19. Urban Sprawl
20. Smart Cities
21. Urban Environments
22. Resilient Urbanism
Abstract Submissions Deadline
14th March 2019
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
13th April 2019
Full Paper Submission Deadline
12th June 2019
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
12th July 2019
Early Payment Deadline
10th June 2019
Regular Payment Deadline
25th June 2019
Late Payment Deadline
10th July 2019
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
12th July 2019
Letter of Final Acceptance
12th July 2019
11th August 2019
10th September 2019
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Author Fees (Short Paper)
Author fees for Early Payment | 10th June 2019
Author fees for Regular Payment | 25th June 2019
Author fees for Late Payment | 10th July 2019
Regular Attendance Fees
Fees for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests)
Fees for Non-Attending Co-Authors
Conference Book (Hard copy + CD)
Springer/Journal Publication (Extended Paper)
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
Up to 60 days before the event
Up to 50 days before the event
Up to 40 days before the event
39 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
IEREK is now negotiating to sign several agreements with many top ranked Journals to publish the proceedings of its conferences. Announcements soon will be made regarding publishing.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers' committee to go through the revision process:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1. Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
2. Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
3. Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4. Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers' committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference? (2) Are the writing and structure clear? (3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed? (4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated? (5) Are the objectives of the study achieved? (6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate? (7) Has the author used the appropriate methodology and explained them clearly? (8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly? (9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
- Abstracts should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- After you have received the acceptance of your abstract, please continue to write your full paper with the requested template (please download from the link provided below).
Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language of the conference "Green Urbanism 3rd Edition".
To download the writing template for a full-length paper,
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
Papers 4-5 pages long
Papers 8-12 pages long
If you are interested in getting this service, please email us your paper on: email@example.com
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Benefits Of Attending
- Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will ultimately expand one’s knowledge and undoubtedly help one’s career.
- You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You get to learn from experts in their fields. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
- Not to mention, you will get an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learn about its people and culture.
- Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
- It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
- Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard copy book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
- Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
- For participants who need entry visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.