A Developed Urban Area that creates sustainable economic development and high quality of life by excelling in Economy, Mobility, Environment, People, Living, and Government. Which can be done through strong human capital and social capital.
So, what is the main purpose of smart cities projects nowadays?
It aims to improve cities through means that encompass Urban planning, Strategic Planning, Economic Planning, Architectural Development, Environmental Sustainability, Information Technology and effective use of Natural Resources.
Smart Cities are those which use Innovative methods for solving daily problems, are currently working on developing the future vision of improving the standard of living of its inhabitants.
Rebuilding new cities and managing its services such as the Electricity, Water, Transportation, and Communication Systemsare all Objectives and the main focus of such Development. This modern technology can be used to manage infrastructural investments and is able to support economic growth. Furthermore, the main role of the smart cities concept plays is to help its citizens become more flexible in coming up with solutions to issues faced. It also develops and rather maintains among them a connection with a connection grid that has proven to be quite effective. To be able to maintain a successful, an attention must be given to Transportation planning and creating safety measures as a basic means.
IEREKorganizes this conference in hopes of disseminating research and knowledge on the methods through which cities may be transformed into Smart cities.
1. Topics Will Be Announced Soon
Benefits Of Attending
Since conferencesare the places where new science results are typically first presented so, it helps you sharpen the saw, meet experts & influencers face to face, learning in a new space, build your Knowledge base, expand your resources and grow your professional network. Yet attending conferences organized by IEREK will not only helps you gain previous benefits but also can be very rewarding on the professional level due to below reasons:
1. Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Smart Cities Development. Furthermore, you get to converse with other researchers from different universities and countries. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
2. Internationally Accredited Certificate: The Participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
3. Publication: The conference proceedings will be published by one or more journals since Authors can choose to publish their research paper either in ARChive International Journal of Science hosted by IEREK Press or SSRN by ELSEVIER. Besides, High-quality manuscripts based on scientific committee evaluation will be published either in Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREK Press or a book series by Springer.
4. Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
5. Networking: Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects. As you can engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
6. Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will create an impression that you are an active member of the academic community.
7. Conference Proceedings Material: Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hardcover book or in digital format on a CD. The CD will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
8. Venue: Getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
Moreover, all conference papers are archived online in the E-Library of IEREK‘s website where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
– Abstracts should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
– After you have received the acceptance of your abstract, please continue to write your full paper with the requested template (please download).
Note that: *Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
*English will be the official language of the Future Smart Cities (FSC).
*Only selected papers will be published by Springer or ESSD, and the writing Template will be sent by Email to the corresponding Author.
Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
To download Academic Research Community (ARChive) template, Click Here!
To download Social Science Research Network (SSRN) template, Click Here!
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers' committee to go through the revision process:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers' committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
The conference proceedings will be published in the “ARChive” International Journal of Science hosted on “SSRN by ELSEVIER”.
*Publication in a book series by Springer will only be applicable to the selected papers that will be supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material. Thus, such outstanding material will lead to the indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as Scopus and Thomson Reuters.
*For the selected papers to be published by Springer, another revision process will be added to the selected manuscripts.
*All Author participants are expected to write their manuscripts /papers using the ARChive template provided in the author instructions tab.
*Once, and if, your paper is selected for publication in ESSD or Springer’s book Series, you will be contacted and asked to use the template of the selected journal accordingly
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
Up to 60 days before the event
Up to 50 days before the event
Up to 40 days before the event
39 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
-An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
-The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
-All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason for rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
*Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
*Visa Invitation Letter
*Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason for rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
*Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
*Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.