Continuing the success of the previous meetings in 2015, 2017, and 2018, the 4th edition of the conference on "Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development"(UPADSD) will be organized by IEREK in 2019 using the video conference techniques in order to optimize the benefits to the authors by improving communication which will lead to more productivity. Besides, it will decrease the expenses and save the time wasted on travel for those who aren't capable of travelling or don't have enough time.
Concerning the conference theme; and due to the great developments that occurred in science and technology and the environmental problems that are continuously rising as a result of it, the concept of sustainable development has emerged over the past few decades as a new necessity for urban cities.
The concept of sustainable development could be illustrated as the development that meets the needs of today without adversely affecting the future generations. Particularly, developing sustainable cities means designing them to cause less harm to the environment.
While planning cities' sustainable development, it's very necessary to consider things that actually have an environmental impact. For example, decreasing traffic congestion and using sustainable materials in construction.
In this regard, sustainable architecture is a form of architecture that seeks to minimize the negative environmental influence of buildings.
Moreover, the approach of environmental buildings that can be built and constructed using sustainable building materials is an important part of modern and sustainable development that also emphasizes on resources optimization.
As a matter of fact, the trend of accelerating urbanization is not only occurring in regions where there is a rapid growth in population in cities with small areas such as Asia and Africa. On the other hand, it is even taking place in Europe.
IEREK organizes this video conference as one of the tools that helps in exchanging knowledge and enhances the research. It is an important invitation to architects, environmentalists, engineers, and university students from all over the world aiming to increase awareness about the importance of sustainable development in urban cities. This will be done by exchanging ideas to highlight the importance of architecture and how it affects the environment.
The 4th edition of the international conference on Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development (UPADSD) will be discussing the concept of sustainable development that has emerged over the past few decades.
Urban planning is a technical process involving the development and design of land use in an urban environment, including the infrastructure of urban regions such as transportation, communication and the network grid. Moreover, urban planning depends on engineering, architecture and social and political concerns. Urban planning objective is to establish a society with the basis on land use to achieve sustainable development and meet the needs of society members.
Challenges related to planning and development, that affect rural and urban areas, are present in all regions of the world. Sprawling urbanization has resulted in the deterioration of the environment and loss of quality of life. Urban development often aggravates problems that reflect on rural areas such as forests, mountain regions and coastal areas, and everything concerned with the ecology. However, taking into consideration the interaction between different regions and developing new methodologies and strategies for monitoring, planning and implementing novel strategies, it can offer solutions mitigating environmental pollution and non-sustainable use of available resources.
The conference hoped aim is to achieve economic prosperity through the consideration of improving the quality of life. And in order to achieve such aim, specialists should team up including environmentalists, architects, technologists, policy creators and economists. In hopes of ensuring that planning and evolution can meet our current and future needs without compromising the ability of operating for future generations.
This conference also discusses many aspects and approaches of several different fields which have grown to be considered an important aspect of modern development such as energy saving and eco-friendly building designs that places special emphasis on resources optimization. Planning and development is a vital role in ensuring that these aspects and approaches as several countless others, including new materials and processes, are incorporated in the most efficient manner.
In this regard, IEREK organizes this conference to bring together scientists, urban planners, architects and other stakeholders from across the globe to discuss the latest scientific advances in the field as well as coming up with solutions and ideas to help better how we operate. This conference also aims to provide a context for students, researchers, professors, environmentalists and several others to discuss and converse in all topics discussed in the conference research papers such as urban planning, sustainability, architectural design and everything in between.
1. City Planning: Urbanization and Development
1.1: Urban Spaces, Society and its Culture 1.2: Urban Sprawl, Boundaries and Greenbelt 1.3: Built Environment: Impact and Approaches 1.4: Sustainable and Natural Resources Management 1.5: Planning Inspiration from Past and Innovation
2. Past and Future: City's Image and Preservation
2.1: Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Tourism 2.2: Biomimetic Approaches to Architectural Design for Increased Sustainability 2.3: Social Feedback and User's-Oriented Development 2.4: Waterfronts, Corridors and Buffers of the City 2.5: Historic Preservation, Management and Rehabilitation
3. Compact Cities Context at Low and High Densities
3.1: Compact City Debate: A Global Perspective 3.2: Compact Cities in Developing Countries: Assessment and Implications 3.3: The Regional Dimensions of the Compact City Debate 3.4: The Need for Compact Development in Fast Growing Areas 3.5: Compact Policies for Megacities: Core Areas and Metropolitan Regions
4. Evolving Architecture and Rethinking Cities
4.1: Public Transportation Planning and Sustainable Networks 4.2: Public Involvement in Sustainable Development 4.3: Future Challenges for Contemporary Cities 4.4: Infrastructure, Facilities and Systems: New ICT Technologies and Sustainable Economy 4.5: New Way Finding and Place Making of the City
5. Art and Defining the City
5.1: Intersection of Public Art and City Planning 5.2: Art Integration in Urban Morphology 5.3: Arts, Culture, Identity and Creative Place-Making 5.4: Urban Culture: Cities Share their Experiences 5.5: A Look inside Art and Creative Spaces
Abstract Submissions Deadline
22 Jul 2019
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
21 Aug 2019
Full Paper Submission Deadline
14 Oct 2019
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
04 Nov 2019
Early Payment Deadline
20 Aug 2019
Regular Payment Deadline
18 Nov 2019
Late Payment Deadline
19 Oct 2019
Letter of Final Acceptance
19 Sep 2019
19 Oct 2019
18 Nov 2019
Benefits Of Attending
- Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
- You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
- Not to mention, getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
- Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
- It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
- Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
- Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
- Digital Archive All conference papers are archived online in the IEREK E-Library (http://www.IEREK.com) where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
- Journal participants may attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our journal on IEREK website.
All accepted papers of the forth Urban Planning & Architectural Design for Sustainable Development (4th UPADSD) after the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive) online by IEREK Press.
To publish your research in the online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
The ASTI Book Series by Springer is by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
The ASTI Book Series will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI), EI-Compendex, and Scopus databases.
The Previous proceedings of 3rd Conference of Urban Planning & Architectural Design for Sustainable Development (3rd UPADSD) are in the process of production will be published in the ASTI book titled "Urban and Transit Planning" in August 2019. As for the rest of the proceedings they are published online in The International Journal of Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive).
Note that only authors of accepted papers who will register before the deadline of 21 August 2019 will be allowed to present during the conference sessions (see Important Dates and Conference Fees).
If you are not sure whether you or one of your co-authors will be able to attend the conference, you should bear in mind that there is a fee to be paid for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests). The accepted paper will not be included in the conference proceedings without paying the fee (see Conference Fees for more details). A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
The proceedings of the Urban Planning & Architectural Design for Sustainable Development (4th UPADSD) will consist of 5 sections (or Parts), edited by a group of highly esteemed professors from our scientific committee.
This conference will be hosted as an online video conference.
Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language.
To download the writing template for a full-length paper Click here
Abstract and full paper submission instructions Click here
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1. Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
2. Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
3. Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4. Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
English Editing Service
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
Papers 4-5 pages long
Papers 8-12 pages long
If you are interested in getting this service, please email us your paper on: [email protected]
- Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
Up to 60 days before the event
Up to 50 days before the event
Up to 40 days before the event
39 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation Book Series IEREK Series for Interdisciplinary Studies
- On 10 May 1842 (his 25th birthday), Julius Springer founded his bookstore and publishing house in Berlin, laying the foundation for today’s company.
- After 175 dynamic years, the name Springer stands for a globally active publisher dedicated to the advancement of science, putting its authors and editors at the heart of the company’s publishing activities.
- Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
- Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals.
- Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world.
- As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
About the Series:
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on the best studies on emerging research that redefines existing disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. The series is mainly based on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences or direct submissions and is intended to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Offering interdisciplinary coverage, the series presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both the economic and sustainable development for the welfare of all societies. In particular, the series includes conceptual and empirical contributions from different interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues. The series is addressed to professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with Springer, the IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Publishing your paper with a reputable and renowned publisher is necessary to maintain the high quality standards of the scientific process along with retaining your copyright. It is even more advantageous to increase the exposure of your paper to the rest of the scientific community either online, offline, or in both versions.
All of the papers present in the book either belong to the best research papers in IEREK’s conferences or the authors’ direct submissions.Fees for direct submission: - The revision process: 200$ (nonrefundable)- Once the paper is accepted and approved: 200$.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Professor of Environmental studies, Planning and Urban desig..