CALL FOR PAPERS
- 25 October / 27 October 2017
- Palermo University - Italy
Full Paper Submission is open!
The 2nd Conference on “Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development” (UPADSD), to be held in Italy, follows the success of the first version which took place in Lecce, Italy during the year of 2015.
It has become apparent that planners, environmentalists, architects, engineers, policy makers and economists have to work together in order to ensure that planning and development can meet our present needs without comprising the ability of future generations.
Problems related to planning and development, which affect rural and urban areas, are present in all regions of the world. Accelerated urbanization has resulted in deterioration of the environment and loss of quality of life. Urban development can also aggravate problems faced by rural areas such as forests, mountain regions and coastal areas, amongst many others. Taking into consideration the interaction between different regions and developing new methodologies for monitoring, planning and implementation of novel strategies, can offer solutions mitigating environmental pollution and non-sustainable use of available resources.
Energy saving and eco-friendly building approaches have become an important part of modern development, which places special emphasis on resource optimization.Planning has a key role to play in ensuring that these solutions as well as new materials and processes are incorporated in the most efficient manner.
UPADSD 2017 aims to bring together, scientists, urban planners, architects and other stakeholders from across the globe to discuss the latest scientific advances in the field.
The conference proceedings will be published in full in ARChive International Journal. Only selected papers will be published in a book series by Springer or ESSD - the international journal on Environmental Science & Sustainable development..
- City planning.
- Regional planning.
- Rural developments.
- Sustainability and the built environment.
- Sustainability indicators.
- Policies and planning.
- Environmental planning and management.
- Energy resources.
- Cultural heritage.
- Quality of life.
- Community planning and resilience.
- Sustainable solutions in emerging countries.
- Sustainable tourism.
- Learning from nature.
- Social and political issues.
- Community planning.
Since conferences are the places where new science results are typically first presented, attending conferences organized by IEREK can be very rewarding due to below reasons:
- Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development.
- Internationally Accredited Certificate: The Participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
- Conference Proceedings Material: Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
- Publication: The conference proceedings will be published by one or more journals since Authors can choose to publish their reseach paper either in ARChive hosted by IEREK Press or in CRC Press / Balkema, Taylor & Francis Group. Besides, High-quality manuscripts based on scientific committee evaluation will be published either in Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREK Press or Resourceedings by Springer.
- Venue: Getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
- Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
- Networking: Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects.
- Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will create an impression that you are an active member of the academic community.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
- Elementary Review:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- First Acceptance:
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
- Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
- Second Acceptance:
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
- Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference.
- These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1, for the early payment or row 2 or normal payment)
- A research paper fees allow only one author, whether he is the corresponding author or any co- author to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference book in both hard and soft copy (a Printed book + a CD)
- In case of there are co- authors (1-5 maximum) Each Co-Author has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 5) without attending. In case of one or more of these author need to attend the conference, they should complete the fees to attend as audience (Shown in the table, row 6)
- The fees of Conference book (hard copy + CD) for audiences and co- authors, is shown in the table row 5
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 5).
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a €100 administration charge. If the proceedings book is already published, the fees cannot be refunded.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Cancellation or withdrawal of a paper or an abstract from our system after it has been revised and receiving its accepted has a penalty to be paid, in case of either previous payment or not, €50 for the abstract and € 150 for the full paper before its delegation.
In addition to the conference fees, Authors are required to pay a mandatory publication fee for their papers to be published as per the above instructions:
- Academic Research Community Archive (ARChive): € 100 for a maximum of 12 pages (extras will be charged €15 each).
- CRC Press / Balkema, Taylor & Francis Group: € 150 for 8 pages (extra pages will be charged with €20).
For High-quality manuscripts (based on scientific committee evaluation) will be published in:
- Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREK Press.
- A book series by Springer.
|1. Fees for Authors (Early booking Before June 14, 2017)||€ 300|
|2. Fees for Authors (Standard Booking - After June 14, 2017)||€ 400|
|3. Publication fees in (ARChive)||€ 100|
|4. Publication fees in (CRC Press / Balkema)||€ 150|
|5. Fees for Non Attending Co-Author||€ 50|
|6. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners / Attending Co-Author||€ 200|
|7. Late Payment, added value to standard fees (After August 29, 2017)||€ 100|
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
|Cancellation Policy||Up to 60 days before the event||Up to 50 days before the event||Up to 40 days before the event||39 days before the event|
A refund is not possible if
-An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
-The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
-All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
*Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
*Visa Invitation Letter
*Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
*Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
*Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
The conference proceedings will be published in Academic Research Community Archive (ARChive) hosted by IEREK Press or CRC Press of Taylor & Francis depending on the author’s preference.
Selected papers will be published by ESSD of IEREK press, or Springer’s book Series.
*For the selected papers, another revision process will be added to the selected manuscripts.
*All Author participants are expected to write their manuscripts /papers using the templates provided in the author instructions tab.
*Once, and if, your paper is selected for publication in ESSD or Springer’s book Series, you will be contacted and asked to use the template of the selected journal accordingly.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||April 15, 2017|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||April 25, 2017||Acceptance is issued once a positive feedback is received from the reviewing committee.|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||July 14, 2017|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||July 24, 2017|
|Full paper acceptance||August 14, 2017|
|Early Payment Deadline||June 14, 2017||Late payment fees are mandatory after this date.|
|Late Payment Deadline||August 29, 2017|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||September 8, 2017||Will not be issued without completing the conference fees.|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||September 20, 2017||Will not be issued without completing the fees, and approval of the Full Paper.|
|Conference Program||September 29, 2017|
|Conference Launch||October 25, 2017||October 27, 2016|
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
The international conference on Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development (UPADSD) will be held in Palermo University – Italy during the period from 25 – 27 October 2017.
The University of Palermo was officially founded in 1806, although its earliest roots date back to 1498 when medicine and law were taught there.
Today, The University of Palermo (UNIPA) is a consolidated cultural, scientific and teaching presence in central-western. Its 5 Schools and 20 Departments cover the most important domains of contemporary scientific and technological knowledge.
Palermo University has 20 Departments, where researchers study every day to find new solutions to the questions posed by nature, science and society. From Information Technology to Biology, from Mathematics to Medicine, to architecture and Preservation of Cultural Heritage, the University works to make its contribution to innovation and progress to the international scientific community and the world of production.
Conference’s participants from around the world may use below location from google maps to get the right directions to the University of Palermo.
IEREK will hold The International Conference on Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development (UPADSD) at Palermo University. Accordingly, IEREK made prior arrangements with Journeyhop to provide all hotel solutions near the venue.
Participants needing a hotel room can beneﬁt from a conference cashback (5%) by booking through Journeyhop. There are also options on Journeyhop for you to easily share a hotel room with another attendee going to UPADSD conference if you wish to.
Reputable website assists engineers and provides many useful resources for engineering researches & professional.
Planning Tank is the Urban, Regional, and Rural planning knowledge base which provides insight into to urban and rural areas.
Network for scientists www.Science-Community.org unites over 40.000 members from Ukraine, Russia, Byelorussia, Kazakhstan and other countries.
If you need your research to be translated, we now offer professional translation for your research From Arabic and Italian to English.
The fees for the translation are as follows:
|Arabic/Italian >> English|
|Paper upto 8 Pages||EGP 800|
|Each extra page||EGP 150|
|Paper upto 8 Pages||€160|
|Each extra page||€25|
Professor of Geography Economics-politics and Geography of Development and the Environment at the University of Salento, Lecce.
Assistant Professor of Urban Design , Regional Planning, History and Design at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Kore University of Enna.
Emeritus Professor of Architectural Design, RIBA Visiting Board Panel and Member Scientific Committee, PLEA, Cardiff University.
Professor in architecture, Director/Dean of faculty of Architecture and Planning, Universidade Lúrio - Unilúrio, Nampula.
Professor of Real Estate Appraisal and Economic Assessment of Plans, Programs and Projects. Department of Heritage, Architecture, Urban planning, Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria.
Professor of Philosophy of Aesthetics at the School of Architecture of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
Professor of Energy Physics at the University of Athens and visiting professor at many Universities at Cyprus, London, Tokyo, Bolzano, Brunnel and Singapore.
Associate Professor in architectural design using digital simulation in forecasting their movements and behavior, Head of Faculty branch of Architectural Engineering, Beirut Arab University.
Assistant Professor, Department of Architectural Engineering & Environmental Design, College of Engineering and Technology, Arab Academy for Science, Technology, and Maritime Transport.
Assistant Professor in Architecture Department and Environmental Engineering and in Urban Management for climate change (IHS, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2014), Faculty of Fine Arts.
|Mohsen Abu Bakr Bayad||
Professor of architecture and urban design and vice president of Faculty of fine arts for postgraduate studies and researches Alexandria University.
|Lucia Della Spina||
Professor of Real Estate Appraisal and Economic Assessment of Plans, Programs and Projects, Department of Heritage, Architecture, Urban planning Mediterranea University of Reggio Calabria.
Professor of “Architecture Syntheses and Theory/ Philosophy of Architecture Design"- school of Architecture Engineering/ National Technical University Athens.
Professor in architectural design and planning, department of Architecture and Interior Design College of Engineering, University of Bahrain.
Professor in Architectural Engineering Department Faculty of Engineering, University of Pharos, enrolled in many fellowships, academic and professional memberships.
|Jagat S. Jawa||
Distinct and specialist in Energy Studies from IIT Delhi. Professional in energy management , Delhi University.
Director of the Designing Resilience in Asia Programme DRIA & Asst. Professor at the National University of Singapore
Professor of Environmental Engineering , Memberbof the ICOMOS Italian steering Committee, University of Trento.
Associate Dean, Associate Professor and the director of Graduate Programs at American University of Sharjah, School of Architecture, Art and Design, UAE.
|United Arab Emirates|
Professor in architecture Expert in architectural conservation and site management. UNESCO, UNDP and IT MAE projects experience.
|Hatem E. Nabih||
Associate professor and has also taught at the University of Michigan in USA, Cairo University and Helwan University in Egypt.
Director, Unit of Architectural Conservation, Urban Planning and Risk Reduction Centre Associate Professor of Architecture, An-Najah National University.
Professor and head of school of architecture at Hindustan University PhD (Planning), Hindustan University, Chennai.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Discipline Head of Architecture, Director of Graduate Architecture and Associate Professor in USC School of Architecture.
|Mostafa A.Y. Ibraheem||
Assistant Professor of architecture at the Department of Architecture - Faculty of Engineering - Cairo University - Egypt
Lecturer at Spatial Planning. Lecturer at Regional and Urban Planning. Pos-Doctorate. Land use planning/Urban planning. Researcher at the Universidade de Tras-os-Montes e Alto Douro (UTAD), Centro de Estudos Transdisciplinares para o Desenvolvimento (CETRAD), research center
Master of science, Building Engineering-Architecture; PhD candidate in Energy and Sustainable Development; University of Perugia
Associate Professor at Department of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
Professor of sustainable design (LEED)
|Eric J. Strauss||
Professor of Urban and Regional Planning, School of Planning, Design and Construction, Michigan State University
|Mohammed A. Mandour||
Professor of Urban Design and Planning at Faculty of Architecture at Helwan University
|Wael Mohamed Yousef Elsayed||
Professor of Urban Planning, Faculty of Engineering at Cairo, Al-Azhar University, Egypt
Associate Professor, with effect from January 29, 2009 at the Department of Architecture and Regional Planning, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Professor and head of school of architecture at Hindustan University PhD (Planning), Hindustan University, Chennai.
Professor Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey.
Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering Department, Sir Padampat Singhania University