The United Nations World Tourism Organization defined Cultural Tourism as a category of tourism that helps tourists to learn about other tourism places and excavate their cultures, arts, literature, and history. It also sheds light on civilizations and their unique impacts on the world these days.
With the world's increased focus on the preservation of archaeological sites and promoting architectural tourism, cultural tourism stands as the guardian of ancient civilizations and promoter of contemporary ones.
One of the objectives of promoting cultural tourism and heritage preservation is to introduce a new understanding of certain cultures and their lifestyles, education, literature, and arts. These are factors that shape the essence of civilizations in the ancient world and the contemporary ages. It also aims to destroy the everlasting stereotypes about old or foreign civilizations.
Moreover, through focusing on the cultural aspects of civilizations, it is easier to discover new techniques of integration and promoting global dialogue. This has become crucial in the current circumstances where the world joins to face the threats of Covid 19. This resulted in open discussions on how to encourage sustainable tourism and eco-friendly environments.
The 3rd editionof the conference is an integration opportunity to allow participants from different cultures and backgrounds to present their unique natures. From the comfort of you home, due to the global threat of Covid 19 and travel restrictions, you can participate in the discussions, attend the sessions, and present your research paper where it will be discussed by world experts and tourism enthusiasts.
1. Aspects of a Sustainable Tourism
1.1.Demand for Sustainable Travel and Mobility 1.2.Governmental Role in Maintaining and improving destinations capacity 1.3.Community interaction for Sustainable Tourism 1.4.Development Strategies for Sustainable Tourism 1.5.Integrated Relational Tourism (IRT) as a Tool of Development
2. Policies and Mechanisms for Heritage Preservation
2.1.Heritage Preservation and Green Economy Integration 2.2.Cultural Heritage Diversity and Green Tourism 2.3.Globalization and Heritage Management 2.4.Allocating Cultural Heritage and Environmental Resources, Wealth Conservation and Management 2.5.Heritage Preservation and Integration in Modern planning
3. User Interaction Based Development
3.1. User Centered Design and Management for Cultural Heritage 3.2. Heritage Social Role in Sustainable Development 3.3. How Demographic Shifts Affect the Cultural Identity 3.4. Social Development in Public and Cultural Spaces 3.5. Cultural Traditions evolution through the year
4. Social and Economic impacts
4.1. Conservation of Cultural Heritage and Traditional Values 4.2. A Responsible Touristic Approach: Stakeholders and user interaction 4.3. Consumerism and Tourism 4.4. Tourism Sustainability and Economic Efficiency 4.5. Economic Sustainability, Concepts & Impacts
5. Future Prospects and Trends of Tourism
5.1. Digital Technology and E Tourism 5.2. Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas 5.3. The Effect of Transportation on Tourism development 5.4. Health and Safety Development for Tourism 5.5. Millennials Perception of Destination
6. Sustainable Environment: Geography and Tourism
6.1. Ecotourism: Principles and Regulations 6.2. Natural Resources Management 6.3. Environmental Hazards: Industrialization, Urbanization and Agricultural 6.4. Heritage in Socio Economic Sustainable Development 6.5. Geocultural: Effect of Diversity of Places and Culture on Tourism
Abstract Submissions Deadline
20 Jun 2021
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
30 Jun 2021
Full Paper Submission Deadline
20 Aug 2021
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
31 Aug 2021
Early Payment Deadline
15 Sep 2021
Regular Payment Deadline
15 Sep 2021
Late Payment Deadline
15 Sep 2021
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
01 Jan 1970
Letter of Final Acceptance
25 Aug 2021
29 Sep 2021
13 Oct 2021
Norberto Nuno Pinto dos Santos
Director of the Department of Geography and Tourism at the Faculty of Arts, University of Coimbra.
PhD in Human Geography with Aggregation by the University of Coimbra, where he is currently Full Professor. He is director of the Department of Geography and Tourism at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Coimbra (Portugal), where he directs the PhD in Tourism, Heritage and Territory; he is coordinator of RG 3 of CEGOT - Center for the Study of Geography and Spatial Planning (R&D unit of the Portuguese Scientific and Technological System). He is also manager of the Unesco Chair / Unitwin Cultural Tourism and Development, Paris 1 Sorbonne - Pantéon (FLUC-DGT). He directed several research projects and published more than 60 articles in specialized magazines and dozens of papers in the minutes of events. It has about 50 book chapters and 14 published and / or edited books. It operates in the areas of Social Sciences with an emphasis on tourism, management of tourist destinations, cultural and heritage tourism and local development.
Associate professor of anthropology and cultural tourism, University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro, Portugal.
Xerardo Pereiro holds a European PhD in Social Anthropology from the University of Santiago de Compostela (Galicia – Spain) and another International PhD in Tourism from the University of La Laguna (Canarias - Spain). He is an associate professor with habilitation (tenure) of anthropology (by ISCTE- Lisbon) and cultural tourism in UTAD (Portugal). He conducts research about tourism and cultural heritage in CRIA (Network Centre for Research in Anthropology - https://www.cria.org.pt/pt). He was the Head of Applied Anthropology First Degree and theTourism First Degree Course of UTAD. It is member of the Editorial Board of several international journals as Pasos, Cultur, Agália, PH, ATLAS Tourism and Leisure Review and so on. He was awarded with 1994 Vicente Risco Award of Social Anthropology and Social Sciences, 2007 FITUR in research tourism and 2011 Sol-Meliá - University of Balears Islands Awards for Tourism Research.
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in the table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference Abstract book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
Covid-19 Conference attendance Fees: Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above.
Non-ISMAI Participant Fees
*Applicable to non-ISMAIparticipants. *Covers paper submission processing fees, consideration for publication, virtual attendance, and virtual social program.
Attendance Fees (Co-authors & Audience Members)
*Covers virtual attendance, virtual social program, and contribution certificate.
ISMAI Participant Fees ID/ proof must be shown.
*20% Discount ONLY applicable to ISMAIfaculty members and staff.
*Attending and non-attending. Covers inclusion in abstracts book, publication upon approval, and contribution certificate.
Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Fees for Conference Abstract book and certificate (Depends on Location)
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Authors must refer to, and abide by, the following instructions in submitting their abstracts/ papers:
Step 1: Abstract Submission Process
- The author should prepare and submit an Abstract (250 300 words) through the website and before the abstract submission deadline.
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
To downloadthe Abstract Writing Template, Click Here
Step 2: Abstract Review
- Upon submission, an abstract will undergo a preliminary evaluation process by members of our scientific committee.
-A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented and sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive a notification by email, within 2 weeks, of:
Approval, after which they will be requested to prepare and submit their full/short paper submissions.
Rejection, if the topic proposed does not fit the theme of the conference.
Step 3: Paper Submission & Preliminary Review
There are 2 types of paper submission at this conference:
- A short paper submission consists of 4–5 pages and suits researches that make significant contributions, but still in progress or can be reported briefly.
- The structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements, and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online.
- A short paper is only included in the conference Abstracts book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the corresponding fee.
- The Full/ Long paper submission is 8 – 12+ pages in length.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will be included in the conference abstracts book as well as get published online by Springer or by IEREK PRESS Journals.
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference.
Step 4: Similarity Check/ Plagiarism Detection
All Chapters will be screened for similarity using iThenticate; a Turnitin Plagiarism detection software, used for academic publishers. Springer Similarity guidelines are as follows:
Max. % from all sources: 10-15%
Max. % from one source: 3-5%
Higher than 30% (all sources): Reject completely
Lower than 30% (all sources): Ask for revision to decrease the similarities
Once Preliminary approval for presentation at the conference and/or consideration for publication is granted, authors will be expected to complete payment in reference to the Conference Fees.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our end such as:
A signed/stamped preliminary acceptance letter
Receipt of Payment
Visa Invitation Letter
Step 6: Rigorous Peer Review Process (Full-length papers only)
Only after payment is confirmed,
- and the full paper submission deadline is reached, a submitted full-length paper is assigned to an Editor from the Editorial Board, in alignment with IEREK’s revision SOP (double-blind process).
- Each paper/ chapter is evaluated by a minimum of two reviewers, after which a final decision by the responsible Editor is made. There is no maximum to the number of times a paper can be reviewed, depending on the quality of the submission.
- Once a decision is made by the Editors, IEREK Editors will communicate one of the following three final decisions:
Accepted without comments
Revise and Resubmit – Minor or Major revision
- If modifications are in order, authors will be sent the relevant instructions and a deadline will be set. Missed deadlines may result in complete exclusion from the final publication/ final rejection.
- A back and forth process, modifications will be sent back to the responsible Editor/ Series Editor and another round of evaluation conducted.
Asti By Springer
Publishing in ASTI by Springer (Scopus indexed)
After the conference, the submitted manuscripts of authors interested in publishing in the ASTI book series will undergo a rigorous peer review process resulting in a final decision made by the editors. Only accepted research will be published as a chapter in the Book Series entitled “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer. The ASTI Book Series is by managed highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure high-quality material for online publication.
The ASTI Book Series is fully indexed in Scopus. Some titles have been successfully indexed or submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI).
About the ASTI series
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on important emerging research that redefines the current disciplinary boundaries in science, technology and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. It not only discusses the progress made towards securing more resources, allocating smarter solutions, and rebalancing the relationship between nature and people, but also provides in-depth insights from comprehensive research that addresses the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) as set out by the UN for 2030.
The series draws on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Including interdisciplinary contributions, it presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both economic and sustainable development, through better use of data, more effective institutions, and global, local and individual action, for the welfare of all societies.
The series particularly features conceptual and empirical contributions from various interrelated fields of science, technology and innovation, with an emphasis on digital transformation, that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water and energy security to achieve the SDGs. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues in different regions of the world.
The series is intended for professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with IEREK, the Springer ASTI series will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services. Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals. Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world. As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
Archive By Ierek Press
Publishing in ARChive by IEREK Press
ARChive is an open access journal that publishes conference proceedings in a wide range of topics and across all scientific disciplines, from Sciences, Engineering and Technology to Environment, Energy and Earth Sciences. Consequently, it accepts original research papers in a wide spectrum of subjects. ARChive is a journal published on behalf of researchers that perpetually make an effort to contribute to their fields and provides them with a high visibility of research submitted. The series publishes, both, theoretical and experimental high quality papers of current and perpetual interest. It serves to cultivate, propagate, and essentially archive academic research that has been authored and submitted for academic conferences.
ARChive welcomes diverse approaches to innovative ideas that could potentially be a breakthrough in a particular field of study. To provide permanent archiving, ARChive is archived in the collaborative digital preservation archiving systems in LOCKSS, as they provide access to permanent and authorized digital content for electronic scholarly journals.
In accordance with the definition of open access journal provided by BOAI, ARChive is a model of the fully open journal that allows global open access to its content which is freely available without charge to users and institutions. They are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose for non-commercial use, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Benefits Of Attending
Attending a conference dramatically enhances both your professional and personal development. They help you sharpen the saw, meet and converse with industry experts, expand your resources and grow your professional network. IEREK Conference will help you:
1. Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists, from different universities and countries, to exchange and share their experiences and research results.
2. Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates acknowledged by IEREK, the University, and Partnering Organizations.
3. Publication: Selected high-quality manuscripts will be published, after peer review, in the Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) book series by Springer or by IEREK Press Journals, both of which are indexed in world-renowned databases.
4. Research Technologies: Conferences can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research.
5. Networking: You can engage with industry experts to discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on and increase your chances of collaboration in future projects.
6. Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles and an active member of the academic community.
7. Conference Abstracts Material: Delegates will receive the conference Abstracts book in both hardcover and digital format on a CD.Shipping fees may apply.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances will receive refunds according to the following:
Up to 60 days before the event
59 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- A submitted manuscript is rejected by the editorial board after going through peer review.
PhD in History (University of Coimbra). Professor at Univers..