An International Conference from the Comfort of Your Own Home!
Due to the uncertainties and restrictions inflicted by the #COVID19 pandemic, and for everyone's safety following the Health Organization's recommendations, it is in everyone's interest to host the conference online. As pioneers of this movement, IEREK is proud to be hosting this conference online. IEREK believes that rather than giving in to this disease and stopping our progress, pushing forward is of utmost importance.
So, how can participating in an international Video Conference boost your career, future potentials, and experience?
Obtain an internationally accredited certification of participation which could boost your future academic career opportunities.
Save costs of travel & accommodation.
Discuss your research paper online with professors, stakeholders, and other authors (Online Oral Presentation).
Make sure that your paper will get the maximum exposure in front of a relevant audience, as we share samples of publications within our weekly newsletter and online platforms.
About the FSC 3rd Edition:
A smart city is one that uses information and communication technologies with the aim of increasing operational efficiency, sharing information with the public, and improving not only the quality of government services but also the citizens' well-being. Its mission is to optimize city functions which in turn drive economic growth which results in improving the citizens' quality of life by using smart technology. As a result, raising awareness of the benefits of building a smart city should be promoted and implemented globally.
IEREK is organizing the 3rd international conference on "Future Smart Cities" in collaboration with Xiamen University Malaysia, where the city has a promising potential of transformation to be smarter.
Furthermore, a huge number of researchers and stakeholders are interested to discuss how building smart cities foster sustainability and what are the challenges and concerns that should be considered while investing in the services and infrastructure supporting the city to be more livable.
The term ‘smart city’ is given to a city that integrates both information and communication technologies (ICT) in order to boost the quality and performance of urban services which include energy, transportation and utilities. Hence, reducing resource consumption, wastage, and overall costs in general. To sum it up, the main aim of a smart city is to enhance the quality of living for its citizens through smart technology. Proposals and researches, therefore, are requested to discuss the new proposals of future cities, as well as the transformation of our cities to be in the scope.
Decision-makers, citizens, researchers, universities, companies and planners are all invited to discuss this theme further and to maximize the benefits of the conference and get a successful proposal to the future smart city.
Selected papers from this conference will be published in a Book Series "Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation"(ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Proceedings of Science and Technology (Resourceedings) online by IEREK Press.
1. Importance of Building Sustainable Smart Cities
1.1: Understanding the Significance of Building Sustainable Smart Cities 1.2: Creating Spaces for Technological, Social, and Business Development
1.3: Through the Development of Smart Cities 1.4: Security Enhancements from Building Smart Cities 1.5: Environmental Benefits of Implementing Smart City Solutions 1.6: The Well-being Benefits of Green Buildings in Smart Cities
2. Computational Advancements in Future Smart Cities
2.1: Big Analysis Data Impact on Smart Cities 2.2: Role of Technology in Sustainable Development 2.3: The Future of Cloud Computing 2.4: Tendencies of Technologies and Platforms in Smart Cities 2.5: Smart Home Management System
3. Energy Efficiency in Smart Cities
3.1: Renewable Energy and its Efficiency in Smart Cities 3.2: Energy Efficiency and how it affects the Future of Urban Housing 3.3: The Role of Smart Grids in Developing Sustainable Building Design 3.4: Opportunities for Energy Efficiency in Smart Cities 3.5: Developing Energy Efficiency Optimization Methods
4. Key Components for Developing Smart Cities
4.1: Concept of Interoperability as a Key to the Emerging Smart City 4.2: Water-Efficient Infrastructure and Energy Conservation in Smart Cities 4.3: Trends of Smart Transportation: Smart Parking and Traffic Management 4.4: Technologies to Improve Emergency Management 4.5: Development of Public-Private Partnerships for Sustainable Development
5. Challenges in Implementing Smart Cities
5.1: Building the Infrastructure of a Smart City 5.2: Revolutionizing Communications for Accurate Service Delivery in Smart Cities 5.3: Data Security in Smart Cities: Challenges and Solutions 5.4: Smart City Infrastructure Development Monitoring 5.5: Smart Healthcare, & Emergency management.
Benefits Of Attending
Attending conferences is very beneficial, especially, on the professional level; conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists to exchange and share their experiences and research results in all fields. Furthermore, you get to converse with other researchers from different universities and countries. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Publication: The conference proceedings will be published by one of IEREK Press' Journals, either in "Resourceedings" or "ARChive". High-quality manuscripts, based on scientific committee evaluation, will get the chance to be published either in Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREK Press or as a book chapter in the ASTI book series by "Springer".
Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
Networking: Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects. As you can engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will show that you are an active member of the academic community.
Conference Proceedings Material: Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hardcover book or in digital format on a CD. The CD will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Moreover, all conference papers are archived online in the E-Library of IEREK‘s website where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
Professor on Computer Science in School of Informatics, Xiamen University.
Dr. Cheng WANG is currently a professor on computer science in the School of Informatics, Xiamen University. His research interests span the fields of mobile mapping systems, point cloud processing, three-dimensional computer vision, remote sensing image understanding, geospatial big data analysis, smart cities, and integrating multiple sensors/datasets. Dr. Wang has authored more than 200 publications and has been serving as an editorial board member or guest editor for several international journals in the field of Geomatics and Remote Sensing. Prof. Wang was awarded the ISPRS Giuseppe Inghilleri Award, Prof. Wang served as Co-chair of ISPRS WG I/3 from 2008-2012 and 2012-2016 respectively, and Chair of WG I/6 on Multi-sensor Integration and Fusion (2016-2020). Dr. Wang is selected as Fellow of IET.
Associate Professor at Nanyang Technological University.
Dr. Han WANG is a tenured associate professor at Nanyang Technological University. He received his BEng from Northeastern Heavy Machinery Institute (Yanshan University) in China, and Ph.D. from Leeds University in the UK. He was a teacher at Shanghai Institute of Technology, Visiting Scientist at Carnegie-Melon University, Research Officer at Oxford University after Ph.D. He joined NTI/NTU since 1992 as Lecture, Senior Lecture, and associate Professor. He has published 300 papers in international journals and conferences. He served and serves as associate editors for a few international journals, is now serving as Chair of Singapore chapter of Robotics and Automation Society, IEEE. His research interests include Computer Vision and Robotics.
Director of Radio Frequency Identification Center and Associate Director of GREAT Smart Cities Institute in HKUST.
Dr. Jack Cheng is an associate professor who graduated from Stanford in 2009. He is currently the Director of Radio Frequency Identification Center and Associate Director of GREAT Smart Cities Institute in HKUST. Prof. Cheng is also the UG Programs Coordinator for Civil and Environmental Engineering. His research is mainly focused on building information modelling, green buildings, and internet of things. His h-Index from Scopus is 28 with more than 220 publications. He has also been active over the years in numerous projects, some of which were led by him, such as the “BIM-based Rebar Design Optimizaton and Prefabrication Automation” project (ongoing) and “Automated BIM Generation Based on UAV and Indoor 3D Laser Scanning Technologies”.
Associate Professor of Computer Engineering at the Cultural Michigan University.
Dr. Ahmed Abdelgawad received his M.S. and a Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 2007 and 2011 and subsequently joined IBM as a Design Aids & Automation Engineering Professional at Semiconductor Research and Development Center. In Fall 2012 he joined Central Michigan University as a Computer Engineering Assistant Professor. In Fall 2017, Dr. Abdelgawad was early promoted as a Computer Engineering Associate Professor. He is a senior member of IEEE. His area of expertise is distributed computing for Wireless Sensor Network (WSN), Internet of Things (IoT), Structural Health Monitoring (SHM), data fusion techniques for WSN, low power embedded system, video processing, digital signal processing, Robotics, RFID, Localization, VLSI, and FPGA design. He has published two books and more than 88 articles in related journals and conferences. Dr. Abdelgawad served as a reviewer for several conferences and journals, including IEEE WF-IoT, IEEE ISCAS, IEEE SAS, IEEE IoT Journal, IEEE Communications Magazine, Springer, Elsevier, IEEE Transactions on VLSI, and IEEE Transactions on I&M. He severed in the technical committees of IEEE ISCAS 2007/8 and IEEE ICIP 2009 conferences. He served in the administration committee of IEEE SiPS 2011. He also served in the organizing committee of ICECS2013 and 2015. Dr. Abdelgawad was the publicity chair in North America of the IEEE WF-IoT 2016/18/19 conferences. He was the finance chair of the IEEE ICASSP 2017. He is the TPC Co-Chair of I3C'17, the TPC Co-Chair of GIoTS 2017, and the technical program chair of IEEE MWSCAS 2018. He is the technical program chair of IEEE WF-IoT 2020. He delivered many tutorials in international conferences including IEEE SOCC, IEEE MWSCAS, IEEE SiPS, and APCCAS. In addition, he taught many short IoT courses in different countries. He was the keynote speaker for many international conferences and conducted many webinars. He is currently the IEEE Northeast Michigan section chair and IEEE SPS Internet of Things (IoT) SIG Member. In addition, Dr. Abdelgawad served as a PI and Co-PI for several funded grants from NSF.
Abstract Submissions Deadline
31 Jul 2020
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
05 Aug 2020
Full Paper Submission Deadline
01 Sep 2020
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
14 Sep 2020
Early Payment Deadline
14 Sep 2020
Regular Payment Deadline
15 Sep 2020
Late Payment Deadline
16 Sep 2020
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
01 Jan 1970
Letter of Final Acceptance
14 Sep 2020
14 Oct 2020
14 Nov 2020
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Online Conference attendance
Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Conference Abstract book and certificate
Depending on Location
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery)
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances will receive refunds according to the following:
Up to 60 days before the event
59 days before the event
All accepted papers will get a chance to be published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Academic Research Community Publication (Resourceedings) online by IEREK Press after a rigorous peer review process.
To publish your research in the online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
ASTI Book Series by Springer is by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
The ASTI Book Series will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI), EI-Compendex, and Scopus databases.
If you are not sure whether you or one of your co-authors will be able to attend the conference, you should bear in mind that there is a fee to be paid for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests). The accepted paper will not be included in the conference proceedings without paying the fee (see Conference Fees for more details). A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.Note that only authors of accepted papers who will register before the deadline will be allowed to present during the conference sessions (see Important Dates and Conference Fees).
The proceedings of the Future Smart Cities (3rd FSC) will consist many sections (or Parts), each edited by a group of highly esteemed Professors.
For IEREK's Provious Publications, Please Click here
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) Series.
Resilient and Responsible Smart Cities.
(Selected Papers) Publication link: In Progress
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1. Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
2. Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
3. Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4. Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers' committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Duplicating any content will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Authors are respectfully requested to abide by the following steps/instructions in order to participate in the "Future Smart Cities 3rd Edition" international conference and get their papers published...
Step 1: Abstract Submission
- The author (researcher) should submit an abstract file (paper summary) through our online system before the abstract submission deadline.
- Submitted abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- You should choose the most relevant topic for your paper from the conference topics.
- The abstract file should include the author's full name, email address, academic title, and affiliation.
- The abstract file should include Co-authors' full name, email address, academic title, and affiliation. (if exist)
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly (please download from the link provided below).
Step 2: Abstract Review
- Once the abstract is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it will be sent to undergo the revision process by members of our scientific committee, the author will receive abstract feedback and next step action by email within 2 weeks maximum from abstract submission date.
- Once the abstract is accepted, the author will receive abstract acceptance notification by email stating that the abstract is accepted and to proceed with full/short paper submission.
Step 3: Paper Submission
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline (please download the writing template from the link provided below).
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference "Future Smart Cities 3rd Edition".
- The full paper file shouldn't exceed 12 pages while short paper shouldn't exceed 5 pages.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- The short paper should clearly mention the major issue(s), methodological approach(es), major findings, conclusions, and relevant scholarly references.
- The full/short paper must be relevant to the conference theme and must be original as we don't accept research papers with a similarity rate of more than 20%.
Step 4: Paper Elementary Review
- Once the full/short paper is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it is assigned for review by the reviewers of the scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process).
- The author will receive paper feedback and next step action by email within a month at max from paper submission date.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets an acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
Step 5: Payment
- Once the paper gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the conferencefees so that it could be sent to another 2 members of the scientific committee in order to provide the author with comments/notes that could improve the paper and push it to the limits.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our side such as paper acceptance letter and invitation letter.
Step 6: Paper Final Review
- The paper will be sent for review by another 2 members of the scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process). Reviewers' comments/notes will be forwarded to the author in order to modify the full paper accordingly. Then, send us the final version of the paper.
Instructions of Short Paper Submissions: Authors who like to submit short papers should be informed that the structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online. A short paper fee doesn’t have a chance to receive any type of discount whatever the authors were previously published with IEREK or the author is one of IEREK’s scientific committee and or a representative of a co-host university. A short paper is only published in the conference proceedings book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the requested fee.
To download the writing template for a full-length paper, Click hereAbstract and full paper submission instructions, Click here
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation Book Series IEREK Series for Interdisciplinary Studies
- On 10 May 1842 (his 25th birthday), Julius Springer founded his bookstore and publishing house in Berlin, laying the foundation for today’s company.
- After 175 dynamic years, the name Springer stands for a globally active publisher dedicated to the advancement of science, putting its authors and editors at the heart of the company’s publishing activities.
- Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
- Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals.
- Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world.
- As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
About the Series:
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on the best studies on emerging research that redefines existing disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. The series is mainly based on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences or direct submissions and is intended to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Offering interdisciplinary coverage, the series presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both the economic and sustainable development for the welfare of all societies. In particular, the series includes conceptual and empirical contributions from different interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues. The series is addressed to professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with Springer, the IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Publishing your paper with a reputable and renowned publisher is necessary to maintain the high quality standards of the scientific process along with retaining your copyright. It is even more advantageous to increase the exposure of your paper to the rest of the scientific community either online, offline, or in both versions.
All of the papers present in the book either belong to the best research papers in IEREK’s conferences or the authors’ direct submissions.Fees for direct submission: - The revision process: 200$ (nonrefundable)- Once the paper is accepted and approved: 200$.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors