Professor Xiao Han
The head of ICT department Xiamen University Malaysia
A smart city is one that uses information and communication technologies with the aim of increasing operational efficiency, sharing information with the public, and improving not only the quality of government services but also the citizens' well-being. Its mission is to optimize city functions which in turn drive economic growth which results in improving the citizens' quality of life by using smart technology. As a result, raising awareness of the benefits of building a smart city should be promoted and implemented globally.
IEREK is organizing the 3rd international conference on "Future Smart Cities" in collaboration with Xiamen University in Sepang, Malaysia, where the city has a promising potential of transformation to be smarter.
Furthermore, a huge number of researchers and stakeholders are interested to discuss how building smart cities foster sustainability and what are the challenges and concerns that should be considered while investing in the services and infrastructure supporting the city to be more livable.
The term ‘smart city’ is given to a city that integrates both information and communication technologies (ICT) in order to boost the quality and performance of urban services which include energy, transportation and utilities. Hence, reducing resource consumption, wastage, and overall costs in general. To sum it up, the main aim of a smart city is to enhance the quality of living for its citizens through smart technology. Proposals and researches, therefore, are requested to discuss the new proposals of future cities, as well as the transformation of our cities to be in the scope.
Decision makers, citizens, researchers, universities, companies and planners are all invited to discuss this theme further and to maximize the benefits of the conference and get a successful proposal to the future smart city.
Selected papers from this conference will be published in a Book Series "Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation" (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Proceedings of Science and Technology (Resourceedings) online by IEREK Press.
Attending conferences is very beneficial, especially, on the professional level; conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Moreover, all conference papers are archived online in the E-Library of IEREK‘s website where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
|Abstract Submissions Deadline||13 May 2020|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||12 Jun 2020|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||11 Aug 2020|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||10 Sep 2020|
|Early Payment Deadline||11 Aug 2020|
|Regular Payment Deadline||10 Sep 2020|
|Late Payment Deadline||10 Oct 2020|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||10 Sep 2020|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||10 Sep 2020|
|Conference Program||10 Oct 2020|
|Conference Launch||09 Nov 2020|
Xiamen University, Sepang, Malaysia
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded!
IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Author Fees (for Short Paper)
|Author fees for Early Payment||USD 250|
|Author fees for Regular Payment||USD 300|
|Author fees for Late Payment||USD 400|
Author Fees (for Long Paper)
|Author fees for Early Payment||USD 400|
|Author fees for Regular Payment||USD 500|
|Author fees for Late Payment||USD 600|
Regular Attendance Fees
|Fees for Audiences (Co-authors & Audience Members)||USD 150|
|Fees for NON-Attending Co-Authors||USD 50|
Extra Fees (upon request)
Additional Conference Book (Hard copy + CD)
*In addition to 1 free copy gifted to main authors during the event.
Springer/Journal Publication (Extended Paper)
*In cases of selection/consideration for publication, short papers must be extended and the additional payment, for extension, completed.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances will receive refunds according to the following plan:
|Cancellation Policy||Up to 60 days before the event||Up to 50 days before the event||Up to 40 days before the event||39 days before the event|
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason for rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason for rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
For IEREK's Provious Publications, Please Click here
- Future Smart Cities (FSC) - 1st Edition held in Cairo, Egypt in Septmeber, 2018.
- Future Smart Cities (FSC) - 2nd Edition in Xiamen University, Malaysia in November, 2019.
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1. Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
2. Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
3. Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4. Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers' committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
Instructions of Short Paper Submissions: Authors whom like to submit short papers should be informed that the structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online. A short paper fee doesn’t have a chance to receive any type of discount whatever the authors was previously published with IEREK or the author is one of IEREK’s scientific committee and or a representative of a co- host university. A short paper is only published in the conference proceedings book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full length paper and pay the requested fee.
To download the writing template for a Short paper, Click here
Note:Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
- Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language of the conference " Future Smart Cities (FSC) - 3rd Edition "
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
- For participants who need Entry Visas to the country where the conference will be held, IEREK will issue the corresponding invitation letter for accepted applicants to facilitate visa issuance.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Invitation Letter Issuance Process
1- In case the participant is an author who has submitted a research paper to the conference, it must get accepted by the Scientific Committee
2- Required participation fees must be paid
3- The participant should send the following information to the conference's official email:
* A clear copy of passport
* Passport number
* Full name as written in your passport.
* Date of Issuing and Expiration
* Date of Birth
* Email address of the nearest Portugal Embassy/Consulate to you
* Mobile Number including country code
4- Conference coordinator will issue the needful invitation letter and send a copy to the participant's email, in addition to another one to the corresponding email address of embassy/consulate
5- The participant should print out the invitation letter along with all other required documents by the embassy/consulate and apply for VISA
Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation Book Series
IEREK Series for Interdisciplinary Studies
- On 10 May 1842 (his 25th birthday), Julius Springer founded his bookstore and publishing house in Berlin, laying the foundation for today’s company.
- After 175 dynamic years, the name Springer stands for a globally active publisher dedicated to the advancement of science, putting its authors and editors at the heart of the company’s publishing activities.
- Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
- Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals.
- Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world.
- As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
About the Series:
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on the best studies on emerging research that redefines existing disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. The series is mainly based on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences or direct submissions and is intended to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Offering interdisciplinary coverage, the series presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both the economic and sustainable development for the welfare of all societies. In particular, the series includes conceptual and empirical contributions from different interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues. The series is addressed to professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with Springer, the IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Publishing your paper with a reputable and renowned publisher is necessary to maintain the high quality standards of the scientific process along with retaining your copyright. It is even more advantageous to increase the exposure of your paper to the rest of the scientific community either online, offline, or in both versions.
All of the papers present in the book either belong to the best research papers in IEREK’s conferences or the authors’ direct submissions.Fees for direct submission: - The revision process: 200$ (nonrefundable)- Once the paper is accepted and approved: 200$.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
Kuala Lumpur is the capital city of Malaysia, boasting gleaming skyscrapers, colonial architecture, charming locals, and a myriad of natural attractions.
1. Petronas Twin Towers
Situated in the heart of the city where large corporate organizations conduct their businesses, the Petronas Twin Towers are known locally as Rocket Twin Towers and Jagung Kembar (meaning Twin Corns). The towers stand at 88 storeys high and have made big impressions on the city's skyline since their existence about two decades ago. The two towers are connected by a double storey Skybridge on the 41st and 42nd floors.
2. Suria KLCC
The Suria KLCC Shopping Complex lies at the feet of the Petronas Towers. (KLCC stands for Kuala Lumpur City Centre). It is one of the largest shopping malls in Malaysia, with many luxury shops, boutiques and food courts. The attractions in this six-storey complex include the Petronas Philharmonic Hall, Petrosains Science Discovery Centre, Petronas Art Gallery and the Aquaria Oceanarium.
3. Central Market
The Central Market building was built in 1888 and started off as a wet market. It has been renovated and is now a heritage site and landmark in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Kasturi Walk is the lane next to Central Market, this place is also known as Chinatown. There are many stalls in the area selling a variety of handicrafts, artworks, clothings, shoes, accessories, Malaysian batiks, souvenirs and food stalls.
4. Thean Hou Temple
This impressive Buddhist and Toaist temple was built by the Hainanese community in Malaysia and opened in 1989. The temple is dedicated to the Goddess Tian Hou (Queen of Heaven). The design of the temple has a combination of modern and traditional styles with multi-levelled of function halls.
5. Royal Selangor Visitor Centre
Royal Selangor is the world's largest maker of pewter. Visitors and collectors of pewter can find precious pewter items, gifts, drinkwares, tablewares, ornaments and souvenirs at Royal Selangor which is renowned for its exquisite craftsmanship and designs in pewter. The School of Hard Knocks workshop at the centre teaches visitors to make their own souvenir plate using traditional tools.
Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Address: Kuala Lumpur International Airport, 64000 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-8776 2000
Google Map Link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=2.80108399999999%2C101.738205&spn=0.308621%2C0.428467&z=11&iwloc=0004a167c468c5216ec58&source=embed&mid=1_vithD2Kv3X1PVgBfZr0UKgIz2E
Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport
Address: Lapangan Terbang Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah, 47200 Subang, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-7845 3245
Google Map Link:
Orange Hotel KLIA & KLIA2
Address: 25, Jalan Warisan Sentral 1, Kota Warisan, 43900 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-8705 3055
Sri Langit Hotel
Address: Jalan 11, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, 43900 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-8706 0818
S ROSE HOTEL
Address: No, 43, Jalan Warisan Megah 1/5, Kota Warisan, 43900 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-8705 4759
Hotel 99 Sepang KLIA
Address: No 51, Jalan Warisan Sentral 1 Kota Warisan, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, 43900, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-8705 9900
Hotel Victory Inn
Address: 6-1 / 8-1, Jalan Saujana KLIA 1/A, Taman Warisan Bayu, 43900 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 19-235 4954
Taman Warisan Megah, Persiaran Warisan
Address: Kota Warisan, 43900 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
SK Kota Warisan station
Address: Kota Warisan, 43900 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Address: Kota Warisan, 43900 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Medan Selera Kota Warisan, Jalan Warisan Megah
Address: Kota Warisan, 43900 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Join IEREK community