Experiencing the stories, culture and heritage of the past and present is the spirit of cultural tourism, creating and providing a sustainable environment for both the locals and the visitors is what sustainable tourism attempts to achieve. Travelers who aim to recreate cultural experiences, spend more time and money at their destinations more than other travelers. This form of tourism is also becoming generally more popular throughout the world.
One of the principle objectives of cultural tourism is collaboration and interaction of the locals with the stakeholders to develop a complete experience. Tourism provides jobs, opportunities, and strengthens local economies. It calls for the protection of natural and cultural resources, which improve the quality of life for residents and travelers. Studies show that travelers show more aptitude to visit places with a strong communal and cultural identity.
However, this influx of visitors and the infrastructure needed to support this growth and exposure, can cause a major strain on the resources that attract the visitors in the first place. It is imperative to protect the cultural and heritage resources while maintain and increasing their exposure to the public.
Combining both aspects of tourism and balancing between cultural tourism and sustainable tourism is why IEREK is organizing the international conference on Cultural Sustainable Tourism (CST) – 4th Edition in Malta. IEREK also aims to highlight the role of architects, planners and stakeholders in how to achieve a sustainable cultural tourism.
The CST aims to find the balance between society, environment and tourism in order to raise the awareness of governmental and non-governmental organizations and local communities to the importance of cultural tourism and how to decrease the negative impacts on reach a sustainable environment.
1.1.Demand for Sustainable Travel and Mobility
1.2.Governmental Role in Maintaining and improving destinations capacity
1.3.Community interaction for Sustainable Tourism
1.4.Development Strategies for Sustainable Tourism
1.5.Integrated Relational Tourism (IRT) as a Tool of Development
2.1.Heritage Preservation and Green Economy Integration
2.2.Cultural Heritage Diversity and Green Tourism
2.3.Globalization and Heritage Management
2.4.Allocating Cultural Heritage and Environmental Resources, Wealth Conservation and Management
2.5.Heritage Preservation and Integration in Modern planning
3.1. User Centered Design and Management for Cultural Heritage
3.2. Heritage Social Role in Sustainable Development
3.3. How Demographic Shifts Affect the Cultural Identity
3.4. Social Development in Public and Cultural Spaces
3.5. Cultural Traditions evolution through the year
4.1. Conservation of Cultural Heritage and Traditional Values
4.2. A Responsible Touristic Approach: Stakeholders and user interaction
4.3. Consumerism and Tourism
4.4. Tourism Sustainability and Economic Efficiency
4.5. Economic Sustainability, Concepts & Impacts
5.1. Digital Technology and E Tourism
5.2. Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas
5.3. The Effect of Transportation on Tourism development
5.4. Health and Safety Development for Tourism
5.5. Millennials Perception of Destination
6.1. Ecotourism: Principles and Regulations
6.2. Natural Resources Management
6.3. Environmental Hazards: Industrialization, Urbanization and Agricultural
6.4. Heritage in Socio Economic Sustainable Development
6.5. Geocultural: Effect of Diversity of Places and Culture on Tourism
|Abstract Submissions Deadline||10 Sep 2020|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||10 Oct 2020|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||09 Dec 2020|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||08 Jan 2021|
|Early Payment Deadline||09 Dec 2020|
|Regular Payment Deadline||08 Jan 2021|
|Late Payment Deadline||07 Feb 2021|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||08 Jan 2021|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||08 Jan 2021|
|Conference Program||07 Feb 2021|
|Conference Launch||09 Mar 2021|
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded!
IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Extra Fees (upon request)
Additional Conference Book (Hardcopy + CD)
* In addition to 1 free copy gifted to main authors, additional copies are available for the fee mentioned. USD 100
|Fees for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests)||EUR 250|
|Fees for NON-Attending Co-Authors||EUR 50|
|Author fees for Early Payment (Short Paper)||EUR 250|
|Author fees for Early Payment (Long Paper)||EUR 400|
|Author fees for Regular Payment (Short Paper)||EUR 300|
|Author fees for Regular Payment (Long Paper)||EUR 500|
|Author fees for Late Payment (Short Paper)||EUR 400|
|Author fees for Late Payment (Long Paper)||EUR 600|
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
|Cancellation Policy||Up to 60 days before the event||Up to 50 days before the event||Up to 40 days before the event||39 days before the event|
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
- For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Instructions of Short Paper Submissions: Authors whom like to submit short papers should be informed that the structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online. A short paper fee doesn’t have a chance to receive any type of discount whatever the authors was previously published with IEREK or the author is one of IEREK’s scientific committee and or a representative of a co- host university. A short paper is only published in the conference proceedings book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full length paper and pay the requested fee.
|To download the writing template for a Short paper,||Click here|
- After you have received the acceptance of your abstract, please continue to write your full paper with the requested template (please download from the link provided below).
Note:Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language of the conference.
|To download the writing template for a full-length paper,||Click here|
|Abstract and full paper submission instructions,||Click here|
Authors interested in participating in the conference as Authors/Co-authors will be expected to submit an abstract (200 – 300 words) for a short version of their research (4 to 5 pages in length).
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for revision by the reviewers/experts in the field. Your paper’s review should consider a specific criteria that includes a relevant topic of the conference that should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives and a study clearly presented with a sound literature and methodology of work. The paper is then subject to
- Acceptance (with minor editing changes).
- Conditional acceptance (with revisions provided to authors).
- Rejection but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
- Rejection as inappropriate or unworthy of presentation in this certain conference.
Acceptance for your paper:
After receiving an acceptance for your abstract and after the submission of your research (short paper version), the paper will enter a process for plagiarism check to ensure that the content is original and another to ensure its relevance to the conference themes and topics. During the conference, and only after having received acceptance for presentation, your paper will be included a the conference proceedings book among research submitted.
Authors interested in publishing their manuscripts will be required to submit an extended version of their research papers (10 -12 pages long) and they will be subject to a rigorous revision process as follows:
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it is accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers, with completed fees, will get finally inspected, both, scientifically and linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used the appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
- Publication in IEREK Press:- Authors will be given the chances to publish in 'Resourceedings'.
- Selected Manuscripts:- A book Series by 'Springer'. Publication in the 'Springer' Book Series will only be applicable to the selected papers that will be supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material
- To publish your research in an online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
* Full length papers selected for publication in ASTI book series are subject to submission into a rigorous revision process by a scientific committee of experts before notice of acceptance/rejection for publication.
* Thus, such outstanding material will lead to the indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as 'Scopus' and 'Thomson Reuters'.
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
|Paper Pages||Papers 4-5 pages long||Papers 8-12 pages long|
If you are interested in getting this service, please email us your paper on: email@example.com
Join IEREK community