An International Conference from the Comfort of Your Own Home!
Due to the uncertainties and restrictions inflicted by the #COVID19 pandemic, and for everyone's safety following the Health Organization's recommendations, it is in everyone's interest to host the conference online. As pioneers of this movement, IEREK is proud to be hosting this conference online. IEREK believes that rather than giving in to this disease and stopping our progress, pushing forward is of utmost importance.
So, how can participating in an international Video Conference boost your career, future potentials, and experience?
Obtain an internationally accredited certification of participation which could boost your future academic career opportunities.
Save costs of travel & accommodation.
Discuss your research paper online with professors, stakeholders, and other authors (Online Oral Presentation).
Make sure that your paper will get the maximum exposure in front of a relevant audience, as we share samples of publications within our weekly newsletter and online platforms.
About the AET-4th Edition:
The international conference on "Architecture, Engineering, and Technology" is not limited to a specific aspect of science and engineering; but is instead devoted to a wide range of subfields in the engineering sciences. While it encourages a broad spectrum of contributions and discussions in the engineering sciences, its core interest lies in utilizing engineering with technology innovations to achieve sustainable development and meet the ever-growing demands of society.
Engineering science is a broad discipline that encompasses many different scientific principles and associated mathematics that underlie engineering. It integrates engineering, biological, chemical, mathematical, and physical sciences with the arts, humanities, social sciences, and the professions to tackle the most demanding challenges and advance the well-being of global society.
Among other disciplines of engineering, architecture and architectural engineering occupy a distinguished place. Combining art, science, and technology, it deals with a multi-disciplinary approach to planning, design, construction, and operation, such as analysis and integrated design of environmental systems, structural systems, behavior, and properties of building components and materials, in addition to construction management and landscape architecture.
Scientific research in engineering and technology has been always playing a vital role in civilizations' development and evolution. As new knowledge and more powerful analytical and experimental methods expand the power of engineering in practice, problems of design and development once considered too complex to be dealt with other than empirically, intuitively, or by trial and error have become solvable and applicable. That's why The 4th International Conference on "Architecture, Engineering, and Technology" will be held as an online conference, from the 11th to the 13th of January 2021.
AET-2021 represents the ideal academic platform to spark discussions and present the latest research findings in all aspects of engineering sciences and technology. It also discusses the impact of engineering and technology on the economy, society, environment, management, and quality of life.
Moreover, AET international conference avails the opportunity for interested researchers, scholars, scientists, architects, and engineers from around the globe to submit their research papers and get them published in highly-ranked international journals by the esteemed publishers Springer and IEREK Press. Noting that submitted researches must be in the scope of at least one of the official conference topics and abiding the submission instructions.
So,how can participating in AET international conference boost your career, future potentials, and experience?
✔ Obtain an internationally accredited certification of participation which could boost your future academic career opportunities.
✔ Present your research paper at the conference in front of professors, stakeholders, and other authors (Oral Presentation/Online).
Housing, public open spaces and business districts
Urban Studies and Planning Education and Research
Lived spaces and Architecture of Identity
Nature in the Urban Environment
Innovative Teaching Models
2. City and Regional Planning
The Impact of ICT on Urban & Regional Planning
Towards a Communicative City
Smart City Trends in Urban Planning
Planning for Physical & Social Health
Regional Planning for Healthy Cities
Green buildings, Green Neighborhoods
3. Trends In ICT & Innovative digital Technologies
The Use of ICT in Engineering Education
ICT Innovations in Architecture, Engineering & Construction
The Evolution of Systems Architecture Design
Digital Transformation & The Role of Enterprise Architecture
Smarter Buildings, Smarter Technology
Advances in Digital Engineering, Computing and Simulation for the AEC Industry
Innovative digital Technologies and Engineering Systems (e.g. BIM)
4. Systems Integration in Architecture, Engineering and Construction
The proliferation of ICT & Digital Technology Systems
A BIM approach for construction safety: applications, barriers and solutions
Towards BIM-based model integration
Computational Methods/Techniques in Architecture
5. Systems and Computer Engineering
Building Intelligent Systems for Smart Cities
Internet of Things in Smart Technologies
state-of-the-art computational techniques for smart Environmental and energy futures
Intelligent Transportation Systems Smart And Green Infrastructure
Big Data Science and Analytics
Urban Science and Planning with Computer Science
Abstract Submissions Deadline
15 Nov 2020
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
16 Nov 2020
Full Paper Submission Deadline
25 Dec 2020
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
26 Dec 2020
Early Payment Deadline
16 Dec 2020
Regular Payment Deadline
17 Dec 2020
Late Payment Deadline
26 Dec 2020
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
01 Jan 1970
Letter of Final Acceptance
18 Dec 2020
05 Jan 2021
11 Jan 2021
Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering, Sapienza University of Rome.
Graduated cum laude in Building and Architectural Engineering at the Sapienza University of Rome, she completed her doctoral studies in Architectural and Urban Engineering in the same University (2017), where she is currently a research fellow. Visiting research scholar at New York University Tandon School of Engineering (2014-2015). Her research deals with construction elements design for the built environment, passive strategies to improve buildings’ energy performance, passive strategies to improve outdoor thermal comfort in urban areas, urban resiliency. On these topics, she published numerous scientific papers and participated in national and international conferences.
Benefits Of Attending
Participating in conferences is very beneficial, especially, on the professional level; conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates that will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Publication: The conference proceedings will be published in "Resourceedings" an international journal of science hosted by IEREKPress. High-quality manuscripts based on scientific committee evaluation will be published either in Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREK Press or a book series by "Springer".
Academic Reputation: Joining many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will show that you are an active member of the academic community.
Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques.
Save Time: Reduced commuting time is one of the most obvious but significant benefits of online video conferencing. The hassle of travel and attending conferences in another country can take up valuable days and hours which can be avoided through video conferences.
Save Money: Budgets are always stretched to the breaking point in the academic arena, and so the time and money saved through the use of this technology are a massive driver to efficiency and new research possibilities; it makes some projects that would otherwise be impossible, possible.
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Online Conference attendance
Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Conference Abstract book and certificate
Depending on Location
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery)
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances will receive refunds according to the following:
Up to 60 days before the event
59 days before the event
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Duplicating any content will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Authors are respectfully requested to abide by the following steps/instructions in order to participate in the international conference "Architecture, Engineering, and Technology (AET) – 4th Edition" and get their papers published...
Step 1: Abstract Submission
- The author (researcher) should submit an abstract file (paper summary) through our online system before the abstract submission deadline.
- Submitted abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- Submitted abstract should include the main keywords of the research (3-5 keywords).
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The abstract file should be blind (DON'T include author(s) information).
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
- Once the abstract is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it will be sent to undergo the revision process by members of our scientific committee.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are: A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive abstract feedback and next step action by email within 2 weeks maximum from the abstract submission date.
- If the scientific committee's feedback states that the abstract is accepted, the author will receive abstract acceptance notification by email stating that the abstract is accepted and to proceed with full/short paper submission.
Step 3: Paper Submission
There are 2 types of paper submission at this conference:
Short Paper – Consists of 4–5 pages, and suits researches that make significant contributions, but still in progress or can be reported briefly.
Full/Long Paper – The basic standard peer-reviewed paper and consists of 8 - 12 pages.
- The structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements, and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online.
- A short paper is only published in the conference proceedings book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the corresponding fee.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will get published in the conference proceedings book as well as published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals.
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference.
Step 4: Paper Elementary Review
- Once the full/short paper is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it is assigned for review by the reviewers of the scientific committee in aligning with the IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process).
- The author will receive paper feedback and next step action by email within a 1-month maximum from the paper submission date.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets an acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
Step 5: Payment
- Once the paper gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the conferencefees so that it could be sent to another 2 members of the scientific committee in order to provide the author with comments/notes that could improve the paper and push it to the limits.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our ends such as paper acceptance letter and invitation letter.
Step 6: Paper Final Review
- The paper will be sent for review by another 2 members of the scientific committee in aligning with the IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process). Reviewers' comments/notes will be forwarded to the author in order to modify the full paper accordingly. Then, send us the final version of the paper.
All accepted papers of the international conference "Architecture, Engineering, and Technology (AET) - 4th Edition" after the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation (ASTI)” by Springer OR in The International Journal of Proceedings of Science and Technology (Resourceedings) by IEREK Press.
- To publish your research in ASTI or Resourceedings, and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit a full/long paper that's 10 -12 pages long or extend their short-paper.
- Only authors of accepted papers who will register & submit a paper before the deadline of 15 Nov 2020 will be allowed to present during the conference sessions (see Important Dates and Conference Fees).
"ASTI" Book Series:
- The "ASTI" Book Series by Springer is edited & operated by highly-professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
- The ASTI Book Series is now indexed in Scopus and is now being submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI) and EI-Compendex databases.
- Only selected papers (Based on reviewing the committee's evaluation) will get the chance to be published in the "ASTI" Book Series by Springer. The authors will be notified by email accordingly.
- Resourceedings is an open-access journal that publishes conference proceedings. Conference proceedings compromise of different disciplines, ranging from Engineering including built environments, architecture, and sustainability. Disciplines also include Technology and Energy. Resourceedings is a journal that publishes research articles that shed light on different crucial issues in order to provide them with solutions and suggestions. The journal publishes articles submitted by researchers of interest in different fields.
- The "Resourceedings" International Journal by IEREK Press is edited & operated by highly-professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material.
- Accepted papers (Based on the reviewing committee's feedback) will get published in an issue of the "Resourceedings" International Journal. The authors will be notified by email accordingly.
- Architecture, Engineering and Technology (AET) - 2nd Edition held in collaboration with AL-Azhar 14th International Conference on Engineering, Architecture & Technology, in Cairo, Egypt in December, 2017.
The Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive)
Vol 2, issue #3 (2018): First Proceedings of Al Azhar’s 14th International Conference On: Engineering, Architecture and Technology
Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation Book Series IEREK Series for Interdisciplinary Studies
- On 10 May 1842 (his 25th birthday), Julius Springer founded his bookstore and publishing house in Berlin, laying the foundation for today’s company.
- After 175 dynamic years, the name Springer stands for a globally active publisher dedicated to the advancement of science, putting its authors and editors at the heart of the company’s publishing activities.
- Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
- Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals.
- Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world.
- As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
About the Series:
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on the best studies on emerging research that redefines existing disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. The series is mainly based on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences or direct submissions and is intended to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Offering interdisciplinary coverage, the series presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both the economic and sustainable development for the welfare of all societies. In particular, the series includes conceptual and empirical contributions from different interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues. The series is addressed to professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with Springer, the IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Publishing your paper with a reputable and renowned publisher is necessary to maintain the high quality standards of the scientific process along with retaining your copyright. It is even more advantageous to increase the exposure of your paper to the rest of the scientific community either online, offline, or in both versions.
All of the papers present in the book either belong to the best research papers in IEREK’s conferences or the authors’ direct submissions.Fees for direct submission: - The revision process: 200$ (nonrefundable)- Once the paper is accepted and approved: 200$.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
*Please note that the following conference program is not final; minor changes could take place within the coming few days and it'll be updated accordingly.