CALL FOR PAPERS
- 14 December / 16 December 2016
- University of Palermo, Italy
The Conference was postponed to October 26, 2017 under the name "Urban Transit and Sustainable Networks"
to know more about the conference, please visit the link Here!!
IEREK is pleased to announce its international conference on “Urban Transport strategies for Sustainable Development (UTSSD)” 2016.
The conference attracts delegates from all over the world and is well-established as the premier event of its type. Transportation in urban areas, with its related environmental and social impacts, is a topic of significant concern for policymakers in both municipal and central government and for the urban citizens who need effective and efficient transport systems. Urban transport systems require considerable studies to devise and then safeguard their operational use, maintenance and safety. Transportation systems produce significant environmental impacts and can enhance or degrade the quality of life in urban centers.
The aim of the conference is to devise and implement transportation systems that contribute to a sustainable urban environment through minimizing the negative environmental impacts whilst improving the socioeconomic and cultural development of the urban environment. The depth and breadth of topics covered by this conference allows for robust analysis of the complex interactions of urban transport and the environment and provides opportunities for establishing practical action strategies for resolving urban transportation problems. The other goal of this conference is to manage international researchers and students cooperate to help in changing cities lifestyles to a better life by discussing different problems and find solutions to most crucial issues in transportation and urbanization. The conference will discuss the impacts of Transportation on socio-economic systems, the negative impacts such as congestion, pollutions, accidents, and mobility gaps, and the positive impacts such as achieving economic development, improving sustainability, health, and enhance life styles. The conference will give you the chance to present your research professionally a unique way by taking your research to new heights, which will be shown in front of an expert group in transportation engineering. Moreover, it will provide the opportunity to exchange ideas and learn more about the latest developments in the field of transportation and urban planning.
IEREK international conference on Transportation strategies is open for students, researchers, engineers, scholars from all universities all around the world, all invited to submit their articles discussing all matters related to strategies of urban transportation and sustainable development. A distinctive element of the Urban Transport and the Environment series is the interaction between academic and practical perspectives where theories and ideas are debated and their practical applications rigorously tested. Clearly the issue of providing effective and efficient transport systems in the urban settings remains an acute challenge with financial, political and environmental constraints limiting the ability of transport system planners and operators to deliver the high quality outcomes expected by the public.
At the end of conference you will:
- Learn new techniques from transportation industry leaders from all around the world and also from successful case studies in transportation.
- Know more about sustainable transportation and its role.
- Know how to improve traffic system by using methods, plans and technological systems.
- Understand transportation planning trends, Transport modelling and urban transport simulation.
- Design better roads for pedestrians.
- How to make the best use of lands.
- How to deal with pollution and climate change in planning.
- Understand environmental impact with different environmentally friendly transport modes.
- Learn Transport strategies and public transport systems, Transport Safety and Security Infrastructure.
- Know more about Transport policy and regulations, with intelligent transport systems.
- How to deal with Electro mobility and urban space.
- Understand merging transport systems and Energy efficiency.
The conference proceedings will be published by CRC Press / Balkema of Taylor&Francis Group
- Transportation policies, strategies, and regulations.
- Urban transportation: Mobility in urban spaces.
- Urban transit simulation.
- Intermodal transport: Public transportation systems.
- Transportation logistics.
- Mobility, and safety.
- Eco-friendly modes of transportation.
- Intelligent transportation systems.
- The impact of transportation on economic and social aspects.
- Land use, Travel Behavior and transportation systems integration.
- Integrated policies /integrated planning strategies.
- Transit systems and Environmental impact.
- Infrastructure network, and energy efficiency.
- Infrastructure development and maintenance.
- Roadway planning, Guidance Systems, and Human factors for Safety fundamentals.
- Case Studies of Emerging transportation systems and cities.
Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Not only you get to hear presentations, but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
Conferences can also expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on. Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings either as a hard copy or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
Digital Archives; All conference papers are archived online in the IEREK E-Library (http://www.IEREK.com) where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
Journal participants may attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our journal on IEREK website.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
- Elementary Review:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- First Acceptance:
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
- Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
- Second Acceptance:
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
- Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
The conference proceedings will be published by CRC Press / Balkema of Taylor&Francis Group
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
University of Palermo, Italy
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||August 1, 2016|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||Acceptance is issued once a positive feedback is received from the reviewing committee.|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||August 21, 2016|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||August 28, 2016|
|Payment Deadline||August 28, 2016|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates whom need visa entry)||August 25, 2016||Will not be issued without completing the conference fees.|
|Final approval of full papers||September 1, 2016|
|Conference Program||November 14, 2016|
|Conference Launch||December 14, 2016||December 16, 2016|
- *Note: The fees are not subject to waving and IEREK does not offer financial support to the applicants. Payment during the conference days is strictly prohibited.
- Payment for an author is mandatory after he/she has received a notice of preliminary acceptance as confirmation of attendance.
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a Ph.D. candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference.
These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1)
- A research paper fees allow only one author, whether he is the corresponding author or any co- author to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference book in both hard and soft copy (a Printed book + a flash memory)In case of there are co- authors (1-5 maximum) Each Co-Author has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 2) without attending. In case of one or more of these co-authors need to attend the conference, they should complete the fees to attend as audience (Shown in the table, row 4)
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 4).
Registration fee includes:
- Access to all conference and poster sessions.
- Refreshments /lunch as advertised in the program.
- Programme booklet.
- Access to the general proceedings (online).
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a €100 administration charge. If the proceedings book is already published, the fees cannot be refunded.
- Refunds are surely applicable if an author receives rejection for a submitted article.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- NOTE: The transaction fee is solely the participants’ responsibility!
|1. Fees for Authors [Only by bank transfer]||€ 400|
|2. Fees for (1st-5th) Co-Authors (Per Person) [Only by bank transfer]||€ 50|
|3. Mandatory Fees for Publication Online [Only by bank transfer]||€ 100|
|4. Fees for An audience [Only by bank transfer]||€ 300|
-If for any personal reason, you will not be attending the conference, you’ll be asked to provide a presentation and contact one of our scientific committee members for an extra fee, in order to present your work instead of you.
- -Refunds are surely applicable if an author receives rejection for a submitted article.
-If your visa got rejected, or if you weren’t able to get a security clearance for travel, kindly provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances, and we will assign a member of the scientific committee for free to present your paper, after you’ve completed a PowerPoint presentation, only if a co-author will not be able to provide a presentation in your place, where in order for the co-author to present he will be required to pay the co-author fees as well.
-Once a visa letter and an acceptance letter has been issued, a refund will not be possible.
For Co-Authors, Audience, and Workshop attendees;
-Refund before the event with a duration of 45 days will be allowed in full, only deducted the fees for the transaction.
-Refund after the given duration of 45 days will only occur in case of Visa rejection, proof of rejection must be submitted, and according to the rejection reason refund amount will be determined as the following;
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicants fault for not submitting the required papers for the visa, refund will occur with administrative fees deducted from the total amount ONLY if before the event’s date, no refunds after the event’s date will occur.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the Applicant can’t be accounted for, refund will occur with transaction fees deducted.
Professor in Urban Planning Department of Architecture Polytechnic School University of Palermo Via delle Scienze
Professor in Highways, Railways and Airports Engineering , Dean of Faculty "Engineering and Architecture" and Vice Rector at University of Enna "Kore"
Professor, Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, Concordia University, Montreal
|Neil G. Sipe||
Professor of Planning, University of Queensland
Associate Professor of Road, Railways and Airport at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of the Kore Enna University
Researcher at Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Kore University of Enna
Assistant Professor of Urban Design , Regional Planning, History and Design at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Kore University of Enna
|Peter T. Martin||
Head Of Department And Professor, Civil Engineering, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico
|Mohammed A. Mandour||
Professor of Urban Design and Planning at Faculty of Architecture at Helwan University
Associate Professor, Head of Faculty of Architectural Engineering, Arts and design program branch, Faculty of Architectural Engineering, and Arts and Design Program, Beirut Arab University, Tripoli Campus
|Jullio Cesar Perez||
International Consultant at Caesar Studio|Architects and Planners.
|Mohamed Maher Shahin||
Professor of Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Faculty of Civil Engineering – Alexandria University.
|Mohamed Hosny Abdelrahim||
Associate Prof. (Surveying & Geodesy Chair Person) Faculty of Engineering. Civil Engineering - Transportation Department, Alexandria University.
Director of the Faculty of Architecture - FAPF of Nampula and Professor of History and Restoration of Architecture, Universidade Lúrio - Unilúrio, Nampula
Assistant Professor of Urban Design and Planning, Department of Architecture, University of Bahrain
Assistant professor at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, University "Kore" of Enna
|Samer El Sayary||
Professor at the Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University,
|Md. Abdul Mannan||
Professor at Civil Engineering at Univiersiti Malaysia Sarawak,UNIMAS
Head, Department of Architecture and Urban Planning, College of Engineering, Qatar University, Qatar
Hatem Ibrahim is an Associate Professor of Architecture at the Department of Architecture and Urban Planning at Qatar University.
Assistant Professor in Architectural Engineering since 2013. College of Engineering. Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat.
Professor Emeritus, Department of civil engineering, Michigan state University
Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, An-Najah National University
Director of CSIR-CRRI, New Delhi and Professor at IIT Roorkee
Professor, Department of Civil Engineering University of Kentucky
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Rutgers University
Associate Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) University of South Florida (USF)
Associate Professor, Via Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
Professor in Transportation Engineering
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Rutgers
Assistant Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Assistant Professor Department of Environmental Planning Graduate School of Environmental Studies Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea