The 21st century has seen significant shifts in climate variables, reflected in the form of extreme weather conditions and events, coupled with infectious diseases and viruses, presenting societies and organizations today with major, and occasionally unprecedented, challenges. Consequently, the resulting disruptions and their consequences are changing the Built Environment (BE), forcing the world to rethink buildings and urban areas as well as leverage innovative sustainable solutions. In light of the extraordinary risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change impacts escalated in the form of an increased frequency of natural hazard occurrences in cities, and therefore current research is now highlighting the importance of the role of the Built Environment in supporting public health measures, thus reducing the risk of infections and creating a positive force for the development of healthy urban centers.
The Built Environment is, indeed, of major importance within the context of the wider social and economic environment and its quality is directly correlated to the emergence of serious diseases, such as respiratory ones, and others that are psychological or psychiatric. Recent predicaments have shown the limitations of building efficiency, comfort conditions, and deficiencies of the different dimensions of the Built Environment in, both, the indoors and outdoors. As a result, well-referenced solutions are now emerging and developing, ranging from proposed alterations to the space organization, building materials, and design of urban areas, in an effort to increase resilience, improve air quality and lower energy requirements of using materials. However, there are more lessons to be learned and efforts to be made towards a more sustainable and resilient environment, by means of a multidisciplinary scientific and policy-making effort.
By focusing on sustainable and comfortable urban built environments, with an emphasis on the correlation between architecture, engineering, and medicine facets in regards to whole comfort and wellbeing, we find the need to further pursue advancements in this conference's field. This conference brings together researchers and practitioners from the Engineering and Health sectors to involve them in a conversation that emphasizes what it is to take part in the science of built environment and climate change and human resilience.
Because the conference embraces active participation and a welcoming atmosphere, it follows a comprehensive and constructive workshop that aims to provide insight and enlightenment to all who wish to broaden their horizons on the subject and take part in its propulsion. The workshop features acknowledged scientists from different parts of the world to discuss the correlation between environmental issues and health consequences. Medical science and engineering contribute to this aim, through a discussion on recent scientific findings as well as operative solutions thanks to keynote lectures and round tables.
1. Urban systems design
1.1 Urban climate
1.2 Climate change mitigation
1.3 Urban tactic design and planning
2. Livability at the heart of a City’s Urban Planning
2.1 Green Infrastructure and Climate Strategy
2.2 Social Bonds and Healthy Behaviors
2.3 Medical management and urban issues
3. Environmental quality, wellbeing and comfort
3.1 Indoor and outdoor comfort
3.2 Building energy efficiency
3.3 New and smart mitigation strategies
4. Smart Cities
4.1 Environmental monitoring
4.2 Citizen science in smart cities
4.3 IoT in smart cities
4.4 Big data analytics in smart cities
5. Health Implications in a Changing Environment
5.1 Urban environmental impact
5.2 Urban environment and health issues
5.3 Urban heat islands and heat waves
5.4 Urban resilience to climate change
Abstract Submissions Deadline
15 Apr 2021
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
01 May 2021
Full Paper Submission Deadline
15 May 2021
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
15 Jun 2021
Early Payment Deadline
15 Jun 2021
Regular Payment Deadline
15 Jun 2021
Late Payment Deadline
15 Jun 2021
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
20 Jul 2021
Letter of Final Acceptance
01 Jul 2021
05 Jul 2021
20 Jul 2021
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in the table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Online Conference attendance
Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above
Author fees (ASTI Book Publication)
Author fees (IEREK Press Publication)
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Conference Abstract book and certificate
Depending on Location
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery)
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Duplicating any content will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Authors are respectfully requested to abide by the following steps/instructions in order to participate in the international conference "Health & Environmental Resilience and Livability in Cities" and get their papers published...
Step 1: Abstract Submission
- The author (researcher) should submit an abstract file (paper summary) through our online system before the abstract submission deadline.
- Submitted abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- Submitted abstract should include the main keywords of the research (3-5 keywords).
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The abstract file should be blind (DON'T include author(s) information).
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
- Once the abstract is submitted abiding by the mentioned instructions, it will be sent to undergo the revision process by members of our scientific committee.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are: A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive abstract feedback and next step action by email within 2 weeks maximum from the abstract submission date.
- If the scientific committee's feedback states that the abstract is accepted, the author will receive abstract acceptance notification by email stating that the abstract is accepted and to proceed with full/short paper submission.
Step 3: Paper Submission
There are 2 types of paper submission at this conference:
Short Paper – Consists of 4–5 pages, and suits researches that make significant contributions, but still in progress or can be reported briefly.
Full/Long Paper – The basic standard peer-reviewed paper and consists of 8 - 12 pages.
- The structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements, and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online.
- A short paper is only published in the conference proceedings book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the corresponding fee.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will get published in the conference proceedings book as well as published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals.
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference.
Step 4: Paper Elementary Review
- Once the full/short paper is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it is assigned for review by the reviewers of the scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process).
- The author will receive paper feedback and next step action by email within a 1-month maximum from the paper submission date.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
Step 5: Payment
- Once the paper gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the conferencefees so that it could be sent to another 2 members of the scientific committee in order to provide the author with comments/notes that could improve the paper and push it to the limits.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our end such as a paper acceptance letter and invitation letter.
Step 6: Paper Final Review
- The paper will be sent for review by another 2 members of the scientific committee in alignment with IEREK's revision SOP (double-blind process). Reviewers' comments/notes will be forwarded to the author in order to modify the full paper accordingly. Then, send us the final version of the paper.
Asti By Springer
Publishing in ASTI by Springer (Scopus indexed)
After the conference, the submitted manuscripts of authors interested in publishing in the ASTI book series will undergo a rigorous peer-review process resulting in a final decision made by the editors. Only accepted research will be published as a chapter in the Book Series entitled “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer. The ASTI Book Series is by managed highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure high-quality material for online publication.
The ASTI Book Series is fully indexed in Scopus. Some titles have been successfully indexed or submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI).
About the ASTI series
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on important emerging research that redefines the current disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. It not only discusses the progress made towards securing more resources, allocating smarter solutions, and rebalancing the relationship between nature and people, but also provides in-depth insights from comprehensive research that addresses the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) as set out by the UN for 2030.
The series draws on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Including interdisciplinary contributions, it presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both economic and sustainable development, through better use of data, more effective institutions, and global, local, and individual action, for the welfare of all societies.
The series particularly features conceptual and empirical contributions from various interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation, with an emphasis on digital transformation, that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security to achieve the SDGs. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues in different regions of the world.
The series is intended for professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with IEREK, the Springer ASTI series will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services. Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals. Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world. As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
Resourceedings by Ierek Press
Publishing in Resourceedings by IEREK Press
Resourceedings is an open-access journal that publishes conference proceedings. Conference proceedings compromise of different disciplines, ranging from Engineering including built environments, architecture, and sustainability. Disciplines also include Technology and Energy. Resourceedings is a journal that publishes research articles that shed light on different crucial issues in order to provide them with solutions and suggestions. The journal publishes articles submitted by researchers of interest in different fields.
Resourceedings welcomes diverse approaches to innovative ideas that could potentially be a breakthrough in a particular field of study. To provide permanent archiving, Resourceedings is archived in the collaborative digital preservation archiving systems in LOCKSS, as they provide access to permanent and authorized digital content for electronic scholarly journals.
In accordance with the definition of open access journal provided by BOAI, Resourceedings is a model of the fully open journal that allows global open access to its content which is freely available without charge to users and institutions. They are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose for non-commercial use, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Benefits Of Attending
Participating in conferences is very beneficial, especially, on the professional level; conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates that will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Publication: The conference proceedings will be published in "Resourceedings" an international journal of science hosted by IEREKPress. High-quality manuscripts based on scientific committee evaluation will be published either in Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREK Press or a book series by "Springer".
Academic Reputation: Joining many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will show that you are an active member of the academic community.
Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques.
Save Time: Reduced commuting time is one of the most obvious but significant benefits of online video conferencing. The hassle of travel and attending conferences in another country can take up valuable days and hours which can be avoided through video conferences.
Save Money: Budgets are always stretched to the breaking point in the academic arena, and so the time and money saved through the use of this technology are a massive driver to efficiency and new research possibilities; it makes some projects that would otherwise be impossible, possible.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances will receive refunds according to the following: