Due to anthropogenic activities that release greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, the global climate has been ever-changing and going into an emergency condition. The current global warming of 1.0-1.1 °C above pre-industrial level already leads to a variety of natural disasters and adverse events such as extreme heat, flooding, bushfire, and drought, significantly challenging human living environments, especially cities that are the main place of human settlement. Even worse, the associated economic and social consequences behind such environmental deteriorations are also prominent. Nevertheless, the GHG-related climate change is still ongoing, and by 2030-2040 the global warming is likely to reach the critical threshold of 1.5 °C, beyond which environmental, economic, and social consequences will be worsened.
In the coming decades, there is an urgent need to decarbonize the society to address the mega challenge of climate change. Many advocations and actions at international and national scales, such as the Paris Agreement, United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and Carbon Neutrality, have been launched. To achieve so, nevertheless, it calls for support from all professions of the society. In particular, the transformation of the traditional ways of environmental modifications, in various fields including transportation, industry, building, energy generation, agriculture, and land use and forestry, towards sustainable development is one of the most rapid, cost-effective, and efficient pathways to actually reduce GHG emissions for climate change mitigation. Sustainable environmental planning and design is also the critical adaptive way to the reduction of climate-induced threats and risks in the current era.
This conference is a step towards empowering decision-makers and energy stakeholders to join forces and proactively address the challenges of climate change so that actual progress can be achieved. By bringing together researchers who are working on topics relevant to climate change and environmental sustainability to share their latest accomplishments and research findings, voices can be amplified, and actions can be taken towards a more resilient, liveable, sustainable future. This conference will serve as an important resource to inform different stakeholders and provide them with a comprehensive understanding of the possible opportunities for environmental sustainability to address climate change.
The motivation behind this conference is to contribute to international and national goals of addressing climate change challenges by:
Assessing environmental, economic, and social impacts associated with climate change in cities,
Exploring mechanisms for effective environmental planning and sustainable resource management,
Advancing strategies and techniques for climate change mitigation and adaptation,
Enhancing the involvement and integration of different stakeholders across international, national, state, city, and community level for promoting environmental sustainability,
Reporting pilot cases and exemplars that can help accelerate actions towards addressing climate change issues.
Including but not limited to
1. Human Development in marginal communities
2. Education, Information and Communication Technologies
4. Smart and Sustainable Districts, Cities and Communities
5. Sustainable and Sustainable Society & Development
6. Water Pollution, Treatment and Mitigation
7. Land Use & Sustainable Transportation Management
8. Building Climate Change Resilience through Water Management
9. National Policies on Climate Change: Strategies and Planning
10. Risks and Challenges of Climate change
11. Biodiversity and Species Protection
12. Disaster Management and Decision Making
Abstract Submissions Deadline
09 Jul 2021
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
15 Jul 2021
Full Paper Submission Deadline
09 Sep 2021
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
15 Sep 2021
Early Payment Deadline
15 Sep 2021
Regular Payment Deadline
16 Sep 2021
Late Payment Deadline
17 Sep 2021
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
01 Jan 1970
Letter of Final Acceptance
17 Sep 2021
10 Oct 2021
09 Nov 2021
Anita Lawrence Professor of High-Performance Architecture in the University of New South Wales, Australia.
Mat Santamouris is the Anita Lawrence Professor of High-Performance Architecture at the University of New South Wales in Australia. He is a past professor at the University of Athens, Greece, and visiting Professor at the Cyprus Institute, Metropolitan University of London, Tokyo Polytechnic University, Bolzano University, Brunnel University, and the National University of Singapore. Past President of the National Center of Renewable and Energy Savings of Greece.
Editor in Chief of the Energy and Buildings, Past Editor in Chief of the Journal of Advances Building Energy Research, Associate Editor of the Solar Energy Journal and actual or past Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Solar Energy, Journal of Buildings and Environment, Journal of Sustainable Energy, Journal of Low Carbon Technologies, Journal of Open Construction and Building Technology, Sustainable Cities and Society and of the Journal of Ventilation. Editor of the Series of Book on Buildings, Energy and Solar Technologies published by Earthscan Science Publishers in London.
Editor and author of 15 international books on topics related to heat island, solar energy, and energy conservation in buildings published by Earthscan, Springer, etc. Guest editor of twelve special issues of various scientific journals. Scientific coordinator of many international research programs and author of almost 290 scientific papers published in peer-reviewed international scientific journals. Reviewer of research projects in 15 countries including USA, UK, France, Germany, Canada, Sweden, etc. Expert in various International Research Institutions. Highly Cited researcher according to Clarivate in 2017 and 2018.
Chief Executive Officer: Co-operative Research Centre for Low Carbon Living Tyree Energy Technology Building, University of New South Wales, Australia.
Professor Prasad is an international authority on sustainable buildings and cities and among the leading advocates for sustainability in Australia. Deo won the 2006 Royal Australian Institute of Architect’s National Education Award for contribution to ‘sustainability education, research and design’. In 2004 he won the NSW State Government’s individual GreenGlobe Award for ‘showing leadership and commitment to the supply of renewable energy’. He has also won the Federal Government’s national award for ‘outstanding contribution to energy related research’. He is a regular contributor to debate in this area in local and international media. Deo is the Chief Investigator (lead proponent) and CEO of the newly established CRC for Low Carbon Living. This is the largest ever industry-government-professions-research collaboration in Australia and is leading to transformative impacts in the built environment sector. He also is one of the Sydney Ambassadors (Business Events NSW) with special focus on promoting Sydney as a destination for high end environmental-scientific events. In 2014 he was awarded the Outstanding Alumni Award for contribution in the field of sustainability by UNSW. In 2014 Deo has been awarded the Order of Australia by the Governor General of Australia for services to sustainability and renewable energy through his research and for extensive international community work.
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in the table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference Abstracts book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Online Conference attendance
Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above
Author fees (ASTI Book Publication)
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Conference Abstracts book and certificate
Depending on Location
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery)
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent.
The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Duplicating any content will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Authors are respectfully requested to abide by the following steps/instructions in order to participate in the "Climate Change and Urban Disasters for Environmental Sustainability" international conference and get their papers published...
Step 1: Abstract Submission
- Author (researcher) should submit an abstract file (paper summary) through our online system before the abstract submission deadline.
- Submitted abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- Abstract file should include the author's full name, email address, academic title and affiliation.
- Abstract file should include Co-authors' full name, email address, academic title and affiliation. (if exist)
- The author can use/download abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly (please download from the link provided below).
Step 2: Abstract Review
- Once abstract is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it will be sent to undergo revision process by members of our scientific committee, the author will receive abstract feedback and next step action by email within 2 weeks maximum from abstract submission date.
- Once the abstract is accepted, the author will receive abstract acceptance notification by email stating that the abstract is accepted and to proceed with full/short paper submission.
Step 3: Paper Submission
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline (please download the writing template from the link provided below).
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference "Climate Change and Urban Disasters for Environmental Sustainability".
- The full paper file shouldn't exceed 12 pages while short paper shouldn't exceed 5 pages.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- The short paper should clearly mention the major issue(s), methodological approach(es), major findings, conclusions, and relevant scholarly references.
- The full/short paper must be relevant to the conference theme and must be original as we don't accept research papers with similarity rate of more than 20%.
Step 4: Paper Elementary Review
- Once the full/short paper is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it is assigned for review by the reviewers of scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process).
- The author will receive paper feedback and next step action by email within 1-month maximum from paper submission date.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets an acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
Step 5: Payment
- Once the paper gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the conferencefees so that it could be sent to another 2 members of the scientific committee in order to provide the author with comments/notes that could improve the paper and push it to the limits.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our side such as paper acceptance letter and invitation letter.
Step 6: Paper Final Review
- The paper will be sent for review by another 2 members of the scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process). Reviewers' comments/notes will be forwarded to the author in order to modify the full paper accordingly. Then, send us the final version of the paper.
Instructions of Short Paper Submissions: Authors whom like to submit short papers should be informed that the structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online. A short paper fee doesn’t have a chance to receive any type of discount whatever the authors was previously published with IEREK or the author is one of IEREK’s scientific committee and or a representative of a co-host university. A short paper is only included in the conference Abstracts book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full length paper and pay the requested fee.
After the conference, the submitted manuscripts of authors interested in publishing in the ASTI book series will undergo a rigorous peer review process resulting in a final decision made by the editors. Only accepted research will be published as a chapter in the Book Series entitled “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer. The ASTI Book Series is by managed highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure high-quality material for online publication.
The ASTI Book Series is fully indexed in Scopus. Some titles have been successfully indexed or submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI).
About the ASTI series
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on important emerging research that redefines the current disciplinary boundaries in science, technology and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. It not only discusses the progress made towards securing more resources, allocating smarter solutions, and rebalancing the relationship between nature and people, but also provides in-depth insights from comprehensive research that addresses the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) as set out by the UN for 2030.
The series draws on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Including interdisciplinary contributions, it presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both economic and sustainable development, through better use of data, more effective institutions, and global, local and individual action, for the welfare of all societies.
The series particularly features conceptual and empirical contributions from various interrelated fields of science, technology and innovation, with an emphasis on digital transformation, that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water and energy security to achieve the SDGs. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues in different regions of the world.
The series is intended for professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with IEREK, the Springer ASTI series will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services. Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals. Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world. As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
Archive By Ierek Press
Publishing in ARChive by IEREK Press
ARChive is an open access journal that publishes conference proceedings in a wide range of topics and across all scientific disciplines, from Sciences, Engineering and Technology to Environment, Energy and Earth Sciences. Consequently, it accepts original research papers in a wide spectrum of subjects. ARChive is a journal published on behalf of researchers that perpetually make an effort to contribute to their fields and provides them with a high visibility of research submitted. The series publishes, both, theoretical and experimental high quality papers of current and perpetual interest. It serves to cultivate, propagate, and essentially archive academic research that has been authored and submitted for academic conferences.
ARChive welcomes diverse approaches to innovative ideas that could potentially be a breakthrough in a particular field of study. To provide permanent archiving, ARChive is archived in the collaborative digital preservation archiving systems in LOCKSS, as they provide access to permanent and authorized digital content for electronic scholarly journals.
In accordance with the definition of open access journal provided by BOAI, ARChive is a model of the fully open journal that allows global open access to its content which is freely available without charge to users and institutions. They are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose for non-commercial use, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Benefits Of Attending
Since conferences are the places where new science results are typically first presented so, it helps you sharpen the saw, meet experts & influencers face to face, learning in a new space, build your knowledge base, expand your resources and grow your professional network. Yet attending conferences organized by IEREK will not only helps you gain previous benefits but also can be very rewarding on the professional level due to below reasons:
1. Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of smart cities development. Furthermore, you get to converse with other researchers from different universities and countries. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
2. Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
3. Publication: The conference proceedings will be published in "ARChive" an international journal of science hosted by IEREKPress. High-quality manuscripts based on scientific committee evaluation will be published either in Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREKPress or a book series by "Springer".
4. Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
5. Networking: Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects. As you can engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
6. Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will create an impression that you are an active member of the academic community.
7. Conference Abstracts Material: Delegates will receive the conference Abstracts in both hardcover book and digital format on a CD. The CD will additionally contain materials from previous conferences in this series.
8. Venue: Getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
9. Indexation: Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications, and databases, including referencing and abstract.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
Up to 60 days before the event
Up to 50 days before the event
Up to 40 days before the event
39 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
- A submitted manuscript is rejected by the editorial board after going through peer review.
*A Rejected manuscript can be enhanced and resubmitted for the following edition and processed free of charge (exclusive of attendance).
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter for Presentation (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author or colleague present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. Alternatively, he/she can submit a pre-recorded Video Presentation (Video Presentation guidelines)
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.