Professor Huang Nay Ming
Professor, New Energy Science & Engineering, Xiamen University Malaysia
An International Conference from the Comfort of Your Own Home!
Due to the uncertainties and restrictions inflicted by the #COVID19 pandemic, and for everyone's safety following the Health Organization's recommendations, it is in everyone's interest to host the conference online. As pioneers of this movement, IEREK is proud to be hosting this conference online. IEREK believes that rather than giving in to this disease and stopping our progress, pushing forward is of utmost importance.
So, how can participating in an international Video Conference boost your career, future potentials, and experience?
Vulnerable by design, our cities are now facing the challenge of adaptability, brought on by rapid urbanization, global pandemics, social inequalities, and more. As a result, it has now become a necessity to build social, economic, and environmental resilience and strive for affordable, low impact, and universally accessible and comfortable places. Resilience or recovery planning and urban design share one target that is providing safety and stability for urban communities. Tackling the repercussions of urban sprawl, fuel poverty, emission levels affecting our quality of life, Resilient Architecture and Design also represent a chance at adaptability in the face of climatic changes and natural disasters.
Discussed at a ‘human scale’, the conference focuses on the ways in which architecture and urban practices can make a transformative contribution at the neighborhood scale or rather the lived scale of buildings and everyday life. This conference will stimulate discussion on the theories of continuous change in cities and ideals and new pedagogies of resilient architecture. It brings together cross-disciplinary perspectives from urban design, architecture, geography, art, technology, building science to open up multiple standpoints and opportunities for research, strategies, and projects on the ways in which local resilience can prepare us for major societal challenges.
With new and smart technologies, we now have the tools needed to take preventive measures and plan for long-term sustainable growth. As new forms of design, social and technical innovations, as well as new economic models and research methods, are presented, together we approach uncharted territory. The international conference on Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism (RRAU) – 3rd Edition, organized in collaboration with Xiamen University Malaysia, The Third Edition brings together expert practitioners, interdisciplinary students, readers, and researchers from around the world to reframe existing challenges as opportunities for design and innovation.
Attending conferences is very beneficial, especially, on the professional level; conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Moreover, all conference papers are archived online in the E-Library of IEREK‘s website where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
|Abstract Submissions Deadline||31 Jul 2020|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||05 Aug 2020|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||15 Oct 2020|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||15 Oct 2020|
|Early Payment Deadline||31 Oct 2020|
|Regular Payment Deadline||31 Oct 2020|
|Late Payment Deadline||13 Nov 2020|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||01 Jan 1970|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||14 Sep 2020|
|Conference Program||14 Oct 2020|
|Conference Launch||14 Nov 2020|
IEREK and XMUM will offer one best paper award for papers submitted to and presented at the Future Smart Cities and Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism international conferences –the third editions. A Best presentation award will also be given for the most outstanding presentation in the conference.
About the Awards
The award is established to recognize and promote scholarly contributions presented at the conference. We believe it is important in the research community to recognize the outstanding work that is being published and presented in their perspective areas.
Recognition for Best Paper & Best Presentation Awards
For papers with multiple authors, the formal recognition, certificate, fee waiver, and discount are split among attendees whom have taken part and attended the current edition.
All Best Paper Award submissions must be uploaded to the IEREK Website by the full paper deadline stated in the ‘Important Dates’ Section and no later than, September 01, 2020.
For best paper awards:
Papers will be evaluated according to two sets of criteria, content and substance, weighted equally.
For best presentation awards:
The selection process for a best presentation award takes into consideration factors such as whether the presentation is impactful, and whether the speaker is inspiring and authoritative. Factors such as Readability, coherence, effective organization, use of clear concise, and comprehensible language will be considered.
Content criteria consider the quality of the papers:
Substance criteria include evaluate:
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded!
IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Online Conference attendance
Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Conference Abstract book and certificate
Depending on Location
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery)
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances will receive refunds according to the following:
|Cancellation Policy||Up to 60 days before the event||59 days before the event|
All accepted papers of the conference will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Proceedings of Science and Technology (Resourceedings) online by IEREK Press after a rigorous peer-review process.
To publish your research in the online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
The ASTI Book Series by Springer is by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
The ASTI Book Series will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI), EI-Compendex, and Scopus databases.
The Previous proceedings of the 1st Conference are published in the ASTI Book titled "Urban and Transit Planning" published by Springer.
The proceedings of the 2nd Conference of Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism (2nd RRAU) -ISBN "978/977-85525-3-9"- will be published in the ASTI book series "Resilient and Responsible Smart Cities". As for the rest of the proceedings they are published online in The International Journal of Proceedings of Science and Technology (Resourceedings).
The proceedings of the Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism (3rd RRAU) will consist of many sections (or Parts), which will be edited by the a group of Chief Editors.
For IEREK's Provious Publications, Please Click here
- Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism (RRAU) - 1st Edition held in Hanze University, Netherlands in April, 2018.
- Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism (RRAU) - 2nd Edition in Xiamen University, Malaysia in November, 2019.
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1. Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
2. Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
3. Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4. Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers' committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
Instructions of Short Paper Submissions: Authors whom like to submit short papers should be informed that the structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online. A short paper fee doesn’t have a chance to receive any type of discount whatever the authors was previously published with IEREK or the author is one of IEREK’s scientific committee and or a representative of a co- host university. A short paper is only published in the conference proceedings book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full length paper and pay the requested fee.
To download the writing template for a Short paper, Click here
Note:Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
- Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language of the conference " Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism (RRAU) - 3rd Edition "
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation Book Series
IEREK Series for Interdisciplinary Studies
- On 10 May 1842 (his 25th birthday), Julius Springer founded his bookstore and publishing house in Berlin, laying the foundation for today’s company.
- After 175 dynamic years, the name Springer stands for a globally active publisher dedicated to the advancement of science, putting its authors and editors at the heart of the company’s publishing activities.
- Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
- Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals.
- Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world.
- As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
About the Series:
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on the best studies on emerging research that redefines existing disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. The series is mainly based on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences or direct submissions and is intended to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Offering interdisciplinary coverage, the series presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both the economic and sustainable development for the welfare of all societies. In particular, the series includes conceptual and empirical contributions from different interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues. The series is addressed to professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with Springer, the IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Publishing your paper with a reputable and renowned publisher is necessary to maintain the high quality standards of the scientific process along with retaining your copyright. It is even more advantageous to increase the exposure of your paper to the rest of the scientific community either online, offline, or in both versions.
All of the papers present in the book either belong to the best research papers in IEREK’s conferences or the authors’ direct submissions.Fees for direct submission: - The revision process: 200$ (nonrefundable)- Once the paper is accepted and approved: 200$.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
Join IEREK community