Climate change is nowadays one of the most serious threats to life’s existence on earth as global warming affects the environment, and therefore, affects living conditions. Global warming has already caused severe life-threatening challenges including droughts, more severe hurricanes, and sea-level rise. In addition, the growing season of plants will lengthen in the near future.
Besides threatening life on earth for humans and all biodiversity, these environmental changes affect human health, causing physical and psychiatric conditions, such as asthma, renal failure, and pre-term birth; in addition, increased heat helps pests and pathogens spread into new regions.
One of the causes of the increased heat is the resources used to produce energy, such as oil and gas. Nowadays, more innovations have been tested and are being used to convert energy to electricity, like floating wind farms, which are floating wind turbines, interconnected with cables and anchored to the ocean floor; and solar roadways, which are roads with solar panels instead of asphalt that can power electric cars, as well as the homes and businesses that line their paths.
The world now more than ever is in need of more innovations to save it. Join the 2nd edition of our “Health & Environmental Resilience and Livability in Cities (HERL) - The challenge of climate change” conference in collaboration with the Department of Engineering, University of Perugia, Italy to be held online and get the chance to contribute and make a significant impact. The conference is a chance for scientists and researchers from around the globe to excavate solutions for the new environmental and health threats. IEREK welcomes participants with various scientific backgrounds and offers the opportunity to publish in the Scopus-indexed ASTI Book series by Springer.
1. Sustainable Urban Systems Design
1.1 Urban Climate: Reasons and Impacts
1.2 Climate Change Challenges and Mitigation
1.3 Urban Tactic Design and Planning
1.4 Sustainable and Natural Resources Management
1.5 Urban Design: Urbanization and Development
2. Livability at the heart of a City’s Urban Planning
2.1 Green Infrastructure and Climate Strategy
2.2 Social Bonds and Healthy Behaviors
2.3 Medical management and Urban Issues
3. Environmental Quality, Wellbeing and Comfort
3.1 Indoor and Outdoor Comfort
3.2 Energy Efficient Urban Areas
3.3 Renewable and Clean Energy Implementation
3.4 New and Smart Mitigation Strategies
3.5 Green Initiatives and Sustainable Urbanism
4. Innovations In Smart Cities
4.1 Environmental Monitoring
4.2 Citizen Science in Smart Cities
4.3 IoT in Smart Cities
4.4 Big Data Analytics and Cloud Computing
5. Health Implications in a Changing Environment
5.1 Urban Environmental Impact
5.2 Urban Environment and Health Issues
5.3 Urban Heat Islands and Heat Waves
5.4 Urban Resilience to Climate Change
5.5 Impacts of Climate Change on Health and Well-being
All accepted papers of the Health & Environmental Resilience and Livability in Cities (HERL) - 2nd Editionafter the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology, and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in one of IEREK Press' International Journals.
The ASTI Book Series by Springer is by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
The ASTI Book Series is indexed Scopus and will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI) and EI-Compendex databases.
To publish your research in the online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit a Full paper with (6,000-8,000 words) limit.
If you are not sure whether you or one of your co-authors will be able to attend the conference, you should bear in mind that there is a fee to be paid for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests). The accepted paper will not be included in the conference proceedings without paying the fee (see Conference Fees for more details). A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference abstract book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Asti By Springer
Publishing in ASTI by Springer (Scopus indexed)
After the conference, the submitted manuscripts of authors interested in publishing in the ASTI book series will undergo a rigorous peer-review process resulting in a final decision made by the editors. Only accepted research will be published as a chapter in the Book Series entitled “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer. The ASTI Book Series is by managed highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure high-quality material for online publication.
The ASTI Book Series is fully indexed in Scopus. Some titles have been successfully indexed or submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI).
About the ASTI series
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on important emerging research that redefines the current disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. It not only discusses the progress made towards securing more resources, allocating smarter solutions, and rebalancing the relationship between nature and people, but also provides in-depth insights from comprehensive research that addresses the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) as set out by the UN for 2030.
The series draws on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Including interdisciplinary contributions, it presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both economic and sustainable development, through better use of data, more effective institutions, and global, local, and individual action, for the welfare of all societies.
The series particularly features conceptual and empirical contributions from various interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation, with an emphasis on digital transformation, that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security to achieve the SDGs. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues in different regions of the world.
The series is intended for professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with IEREK, the Springer ASTI series will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services. Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals. Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world. As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
Ierek Press Journals
Environmental Science & Sustainable Development (ESSD)
ESSD is a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal that aims to systematically develop the research-driven curiosity and evidence-based discourse of aspiring scholars that seek to contribute to the academic community. As the world is currently living in an age of information where sources are widely available on the Internet, we at ESSD seek to efficiently utilize the available information to help create robust and evidence-based knowledge. In the process, we offer researchers, in general, and young and aspiring ones in particular a quicker way to get their work published and gain exposure through online open access. We pride ourselves on getting submitted work to be published quickly, through the use of our worldwide pool of subject specialist peer reviewers.
Find out more about ESSD International Journal here.
The Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive)
ARChive is an open-access journal that publishes conference proceedings on a wide range of topics relating to social sciences. Consequently, it accepts original research papers on a wide spectrum of subjects. ARChive is a journal published on behalf of researchers that perpetually make an effort to contribute to their fields and provide them with high visibility of research submitted. The series publishes, both, theoretical and experimental high-quality papers of current and perpetual interest. It serves to cultivate, propagate, and essentially archive academic research that has been authored and submitted for academic conferences.
Find out more about ARChive International Journal here.
Proceedings of Science and Technology (Resourceedings)
Resourceedings is an open access journal that publishes conference proceedings. Conference proceedings compromise of different disciplines, ranging from Engineering including built environments, architecture, and sustainability. Disciplines also include Technology and Energy. Resourceedings is a journal that publishes research articles that shed light on different crucial issues in order to provide them with solutions and suggestions. The journal publishes articles submitted by researchers of interest in different fields.
Find out more about Resourceedings International Journal here.
Abstract Submissions Deadline
15 Sep 2022
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
15 Oct 2022
Full Paper Submission Deadline
14 Dec 2022
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
13 Jan 2023
Early Payment Deadline
14 Dec 2022
Regular Payment Deadline
13 Jan 2023
Late Payment Deadline
12 Feb 2023
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
13 Jan 2023
Letter of Final Acceptance
13 Jan 2023
12 Feb 2023
14 Mar 2023
Benefits Of Attending
Attending a conference dramatically enhances both your professional and personal development. They help you sharpen the saw, meet and converse with industry experts, expand your resources and grow your professional network. IEREK Conference will help you:
1. Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists, from different universities and countries, to exchange and share their experiences and research results.
2. Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates acknowledged by IEREK, the University, and Partnering Organizations.
3. Publication: Selected high-quality manuscripts will be published, after peer review, in the Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) book series by Springer or by IEREK Press Journals, both of which are indexed in world-renowned databases.
4. Research Technologies: Conferences can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research.
5. Networking: You can engage with industry experts to discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on and increase your chances of collaboration in future projects.
6. Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles and an active member of the academic community.
7. Conference Abstracts Material: Delegates will receive the conference Abstracts book in both hardcover and digital format on a CD.Shipping fees may apply.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Authors must refer to, and abide by, the following instructions in submitting their abstracts/ papers:
Step 1: Abstract Submission Process
- The author should prepare and submit an Abstract (250 300 words) through the website and before the abstract submission deadline.
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
To downloadthe Abstract Writing Template, Click Here
Step 2: Abstract Review
- Upon submission, an abstract will undergo a preliminary evaluation process by members of our scientific committee.
-A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented and sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive a notification by email, within 2 weeks, of:
Approval, after which they will be requested to prepare and submit their full/short paper submissions.
Rejection, if the topic proposed does not fit the theme of the conference.
Step 3: Paper Submission & Preliminary Review
The author should prepare and submit a Full/ Long paper (6000-8000 words) through the website and before the full paper submission deadline.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will be included in the conference abstracts book as well as get published online by Springer or by IEREK PRESS Journals.
- The author should submit the full paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference.
Step 4: Similarity Check/ Plagiarism Detection
All Chapters will be screened for similarity using iThenticate; a Turnitin Plagiarism detection software, used for academic publishers. Springer Similarity guidelines are as follows:
Max. % from all sources: 10-15%
Max. % from one source: 3-5%
Higher than 30% (all sources): Reject completely
Lower than 30% (all sources): Ask for revision to decrease the similarities
Once Preliminary approval for presentation at the conference and/or consideration for publication is granted, authors will be expected to complete payment in reference to the Conference Fees.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our end such as:
A signed/stamped preliminary acceptance letter
Receipt of Payment
Visa Invitation Letter
Step 6: Rigorous Peer Review Process
Only after payment is confirmed,
- and the full paper submission deadline is reached, a submitted full-length paper is assigned to an Editor from the Editorial Board, in alignment with IEREK’s revision SOP (double-blind process).
- Each paper/ chapter is evaluated by a minimum of two reviewers, after which a final decision by the responsible Editor is made. There is no maximum to the number of times a paper can be reviewed, depending on the quality of the submission.
- Once a decision is made by the Editors, IEREK Editors will communicate one of the following three final decisions:
Accepted without comments
Revise and Resubmit – Minor or Major revision
- If modifications are in order, authors will be sent the relevant instructions and a deadline will be set. Missed deadlines may result in complete exclusion from the final publication/ final rejection.
- A back and forth process, modifications will be sent back to the responsible Editor/ Series Editor and another round of evaluation conducted.
To help the organizers plan for inter-disciplinary dialogue, participants are requested to choose from the conference themes/ Topics upon registration.
They must also by refer to, and abide by, the following instructions in registering and submitting their abstracts/ papers:
Types of Participation
1. Attend/ Present Virtually and Publish in Conference proceedings
Organized from the comfort of your own home, the conference offers a virtual attendance option for your convenience. That said, participants will have a chance to present their abstract/research, online, and have their work considered for publication in the proceedings.
For any reason, authors may wish to submit a pre-recorded video presentations no later than 15 days prior to the conference. Alternatively, they may wish to record a voice-over PowerPoint presentation for submission to the conference organizers.
2. Registration to publish in the proceedings (Full Paper) without presenting/ attending
All accepted papers of the Sustainability in Creative Industries (SCI) after the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive) online by IEREK Press. (See Author Instructions and Publishing Opportunities)
3. Non-presenting participant
Non-presenting participants may also wish to attend the conference as Audience Members or Co-authors contributing to an already submitted abstract/full paper.
*ID must be shown
*Affiliation must be provided
*Affiliation must be provided
Author Participation (Consideration in the ASTI Book by Springer)
13 Feb 2023
15 Mar 2023
Author Participation (Consideration in the IEREK Press Journal)
13 Feb 2023
15 Mar 2023
13 Feb 2023
C. Extra Fees
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery) *Contact us for a quotation on shipping fees.
Payment Terms and Guidelines:
After online registration and payment, the registration fee cannot be reimbursed.
Final Acceptance/ rejection of your full/ extended paper can only be given after the peer review process.
Inclusion in the conference program, acceptance letters issuance and consideration for publication must be preceded by registration and payment completion.
Payment of the registration fee can be made via the following methods (only after online registration):