The 6th Conference on "Conservation of Architectural Heritage"(CAH), follows the success of previous conferences to discuss the art and science of designing and building large structures that contains the identity and the heritage of the city.
There is a wealth of architectural heritage worldwide, from historic city centers and cultural landscapes to some of the largest archaeological sites in the world. The 5th Edition "Conservation of Architectural Heritage"(CAH) follows the success of the previous editions. Architecture is the art and science of designing and building large structures. It contains the identity and the heritage of the city. Due to the importance of preserving the identity, conservation is the process of, restoring, preserving and managing the heritage, cultural, and historical site in a manner that sustains it and enhances its integration with the surrounding development.
The CAH anticipated aim is to preserve and pass down the past for the future generations through increasing the awareness and the value of the conservation of our past and not just facing the posed challenges temporarily. The conservation and the protection of the heritage is not just the physical act of preserving and restoring our heritage, but also passing on the importance of heritage to the individuals, communities, and the cities of the world.
This conference will discuss many disciplines, such as; cultural and physical heritage, historical monuments, architecture of the past, conservation, reuse of historical buildings, and heritage management. The conference gathers many experts in the field to be able to work together on the many existing layers of conserving the architecture and the heritage of the city. Their participation and knowledge exchange will help provide more approachable solutions and ideas about the conservation and the techniques for preservation.
The conference sessions, talks, and activities will take place on board of a Nile cruiser which will sail from Luxor to Aswan. During the trip, site visits to the temples and monuments of Ancient Egypt will be arranged in order for the Audience to have a more vivid experience of the conference and what it stands for.
Selected papers of the conference will be published in a book series under the title of Advances in Science, Technology, & Innovation (ASTI) by Springer. Others will be published in the Resourceedings journal by IEREK Press.
1.1 History of Architectural Conservation
1.2 Utopian and Sacred Architecture
1.3 Nomad's Architecture and Desert Communities
1.4 Governance, Partnerships, and Communities of Practice
1.5 Awareness of Heritage Rehabilitation Projects
2.1 Understanding the Significance of Cultural Heritage Conservation
2.2 Ways to Conserve the Architectural Heritage
2.3 Conserving the City's Tradition and Identity through the Protection of the Architectural Heritage
2.4 Effects of Architectural Heritage Conservation on Tourism Development and Urban Preservation
2.5 Socio-economics Impact and Environmental Benefits of Heritage Conservation
3.1 Protecting Architecture Ethnic Groups
3.2 Conservation of Cultural Memories through Interior Designs
3.3 Principles of Conservation of Archaeological Sites
3.4 Conservation and Development of Heritage Landscape Planning
3.5 Ecosystem Management and Conservation Strategies
4.1 Impact of Conservation of Architectural Heritage on the Environmental Protection
4.2 Materials Used in the Protection of the Heritage Sites
4.3 Challenges of Conserving the Architectural Heritage
4.4 Passing down Cultural Heritage and Identities to the Future Generations
4.5 Best Practices in Assessment, Designating, and Managing World Heritage
5.1 Mapping archeological sites using Geographic information System (GIS)
5.2 using remote sensing to monitoring the changes in Heritage sites.
5-3 Using ultra-sounds and other rays in her age building treatments and the through the processing of rehabilitation
5.4 new materials and methods of cracks treatments
5.5 international case studies used technologies in conserving heritage buildings and sites.
|Abstract Submissions Deadline||11 Aug 2021|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||10 Sep 2021|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||09 Nov 2021|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||09 Dec 2021|
|Early Payment Deadline||09 Nov 2021|
|Regular Payment Deadline||09 Dec 2021|
|Late Payment Deadline||08 Jan 2022|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||09 Dec 2021|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||09 Dec 2021|
|Conference Program||08 Jan 2022|
|Conference Launch||07 Feb 2022|
– IEREK is happy to invite students from everywhere to register for and attend as an audience in the Conservation of Architectural Heritage Conference For FREE (accommodation fees are not included ) only until the 30th of November, 2019. This is an opportunity to learn from and enjoy the conference through the process of learning new experiences and knowledge.
– This is your chance to not only get to see some of the world’s and Egypt’s most famous antiquities and archaeological sites but also to meet respectable and famous academics in their fields. Kindly note that this offer does not include accommodation.
Register now for accommodation!
– Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus the list price of the conference book and a $100 administration charge. Fees remain payable in full for cancellations received within 60 days of the start of the conference.
– Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
|Fees for Audiences||USD 250|
|Attending Co-Author||USD 250|
|Non Attending Co-Author||USD 50|
|Author fees for Early Payment Long Papers||USD 400|
|Author fees for Regular Payment Long Papers||USD 500|
|Author fees for Late Payment Long Papers||USD 600|
|Author fees for Early Payment Short Papers||USD 250|
|Author fees for Regular Payment Short Papers||USD 300|
|Author fees for Late Payment Short Papers||USD 400|
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
|Cancellation Policy||Up to 60 days before the event||Up to 50 days before the event||Up to 40 days before the event||39 days before the event|
A refund is not possible if
-An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
-The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
-All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason for rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
*Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
*Visa Invitation Letter
*Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason for rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
*Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
*Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
- For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Short PapersTo download the writing template for a Short paper,Click here
- After you have received the acceptance of your abstract, please continue to write your full paper with the requested template (please download from the link provided below).
Note:Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language.
To download the writing template for a full-length paper,Click here
Abstract and full paper submission instructions,Click here
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1· Accepted (with minor editing changes).
2· Conditionally accepted (with revisions provided to authors).
3· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of presentation in this certain conference.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Acceptance for your paper:
After receiving an acceptance for your abstract and after the submission of your research (short paper version), the paper will enter a process for plagiarism check to ensure that the content is original.
After the conference, authors interested in publishing their manuscripts will be required to submit an extended version of their research papers (10-12 pages long) and they will be subject to a rigorous revision process as follows:
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used the appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
- Since scientific research publication is considered the most prestigious and productive means of disseminating (spread/disperse) the results of the research, all accepted proceedings (research papers) will get published in a high-quality peer-reviewed and refereed international journals...
By default, all accepted papers (proceedings) will be published in “Resourceedings” hosted by “SSRN by ELSEVIER”.
“Resourceedings” is a journal that withholds a number of quality conference proceedings in the overarching field of Engineering and its derivatives.
2- Book Series by Springer
On the other hand, high-quality manuscripts (research papers) will be published in a book series by our esteemed publisher partner "Springer", instead of Resourceedings Journal.
- High-Quality manuscripts selection is based on scientific committee evaluation average.
- No extra charges are applied if a paper gets selected.
- For the selected papers to be published in Book Series, an extra revision process will take place after the conference in order to improve the paper and push it to the limits.
- For the selected papers to be published by "Springer", another revision process will be added to the selected manuscripts.
- All Author participants are expected to write their manuscripts papers using the templates provided in the author's instructions tab.
- Once, and if, author's paper is selected for publication in book Series, the author will be contacted and asked to use the template of the selected journal accordingly.
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
|Paper Pages||Papers 4-5 pages long||Papers 8-12 pages long|
Join IEREK community