“Now, IEREK offers a series of online conferences designed for researchers who are interested in taking part in constructive informative, discussions, in addition to international research publication. IEREK has eliminated the reoccurring obstacle that is costly travel and accommodation. This online conference will promote the participation of a wide audience from different parts of the globe, accessibility, convenience and long-term availability of the proceedings.”
Having been proven reliable; renewable and alternative energy is now in demand more than ever. With global warming threatening human well-being and resulting in natural disasters, that are occurring more frequently and aggressively by time, and with the time bomb that is the depletion of fossil fuels and oil reserves, the need to resort to renewable energy sources and solutions is now dire.
In 2018, the world witnessed the installation of more than one 1-GW renewable energy storage facility and 30 of 10-GW storage, resulting in an increase of 8% in renewable power capacity! The electricity sector alone has undergone consistent growth through the contribution of hydropower, which is one of the renewable energy’s main contributors, as well as bio-power, geothermal power and concentrating solar thermal power (CSP).
Since renewables now account for approximately one-third of the global power capacity, the goal of transition to renewable energy and energy efficiency is attainable. Turning to energy technologies that provide low-cost power generation options and integrating renewable energy into grid operations is one way this can be done, however, a challenge remains: renewables go beyond merely the power sector and play their own roles in different sectors such as transport, cooling, and heating. Responsible for over 80% of worldwide energy demand, these sectors must be taken into consideration and, together, technologies and effective policies must be used and activated, allowing for further growth.
AREQ-2020 online conference intends to highlight the importance of using alternative and renewable energy and its integration in smart city planning and development, as well as the different ways in which energy can be produced without being detrimental to the environment. It also aims to provide inspiration for researchers with different backgrounds and around the globe, making it an effort to facilitate an interaction between academic and practical perspectives where theories and ideas from different cities are debated.
So,how can participating in AREQ international Video Conference boost your career, future potentials, and experience?
✔ Obtain an internationally accredited certification of participation which could boost your future academic career opportunities.
✔ Save costs of travel & accommodation.
✔ Discuss your research paper online with professors, stakeholders, and other authors (Online Oral Presentation).
- Energy enhancement, Production, and Distribution
- Modeling Energy Flow and District Performance Simulation
- Photovoltaic Systems and Solar Energy Engineering
- Production of Alternative Energy Sources and Thermal Application
- Wind Energy Generation
- Renewable Energy Grid
- Renewable Energy Utilizations
- Energy-Efficient Technologies
- New Energy Materials and Devices
2. Energy Management Systems
- Applications to building and home automation
- Energy Storage, Smart Grids and distribution of Energy Resources
- Plug-in vehicles and low-carbon transportation alternatives
- Communication and control in energy systems
- Intelligent monitoring and outage management
- Smart sensors and advanced metering infrastructure
3. Designs and Systems for Future Smart & Sustainable Cities
- Recent Trends in Urban Energy Use
- Creating Smart Integrated Urban Energy Systems
- Sustainable Options for Transport: Biofuels, Hydrogen & Electric Mobility
- Energy Use in Cities and the Role of Renewables
- Energy Management in District Energy Systems
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Energy Savings and Performance in Buildings
4. Architecture, Energy and the Environment
- Analysis and Monitoring of Renewable Energy Systems in Buildings
- The Near Zero Energy Building Concept
- The Building as A Renewable Energy Plant
- Energy and sustainable development
- Bioclimatic Architecture and the Urban Environment
- Energy Conservation & Rational Use of Energy
- Green, Sustainable and Renewable Energy Systems
5. The Road to Energy Efficiency & Renewable Cities
- Energy Use in Cities: A 2030 view
- City-level Policies to Promote Renewables
- Global Warming Disasters: Awareness and Solutions
- Public Awareness and Involvement
- The Role of Institutions in Renewable Energy Social Outreach
Abstract Submissions Deadline
15 Jul 2020
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
31 Jul 2020
Full Paper Submission Deadline
31 Aug 2020
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
15 Sep 2020
Early Payment Deadline
28 Sep 2020
Regular Payment Deadline
29 Sep 2020
Late Payment Deadline
30 Sep 2020
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
31 Aug 2020
Letter of Final Acceptance
29 Aug 2020
30 Aug 2020
29 Sep 2020
DICEA Department of Civil, Building, Environment Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy.
Marco Ferrero, Ph.D., Eng., is tenured Associate Professor in ICAR/10 building design for architecture at Sapienza University of Rome. He currently teaches "Architecture and Building Design II" and "Construction Elements Design" at the M.Sc. in Architectural Eng., Sapienza University of Rome and he is member of the Doctoral Board of Architecture and Urban Engineering. He leads the STONEng research group, whose research interests are related to construction elements design; stone construction elements design; energy efficient building envelope; cool materials; energy performance of buildings in the view of climate change; buildings resilience; indoor and outdoor thermal comfort. He collaborates with international research groups on these topics (New York University, University of Granada) and he is the P.I. of University financed researches.
Benefits Of Participation
Participating in conferences is very beneficial, especially, on the professional level; conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Publication: The conference proceedings will be published by one of IEREK Press'Journals "ARChive". High-quality manuscripts, based on scientific committee evaluation, will get the chance to be published in the ASTI book series by "Springer".
Academic Reputation: Joining many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will show that you are an active member of the academic community.
Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques.
Save Time: Reduced commuting time is one of the most obvious but significant benefits of online video conferencing. The hassle of travel and attending conferences in another country can take up valuable days and hours which can be avoided through video conferences.
Save Money: Budgets are always stretched to the breaking point in the academic arena, and so the time and money saved through the use of this technology are a massive driver to efficiency and new research possibilities; it makes some projects that would otherwise be impossible, possible.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Duplicating any content will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Authors are respectfully requested to abide by the following steps/instructions in order to participate in the international conference "Alternative & Renewable Energy Quest in Architecture and Urbanism (AREQ) – 3rd Edition" and get their papers published...
Step 1: Abstract Submission
- The author (researcher) should submit an abstract file (paper summary) through our online system before the abstract submission deadline.
- Submitted abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- Submitted abstract should include the main keywords of the research (3-5 keywords).
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The abstract file should be blind (DON'T include author(s) information).
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
- Once the abstract is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it will be sent to undergo the revision process by members of our scientific committee.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are: A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive abstract feedback and next step action by email within 2 weeks maximum from abstract submission date.
- If the scientific committee's feedback states that the abstract is accepted, the author will receive abstract acceptance notification by email stating that the abstract is accepted and to proceed with full/short paper submission.
Step 3: Paper Submission
There are 2 types of paper submission at this conference:
Short Paper – Consists of 4–5 pages, and suits researches that make significant contributions, but still in progress or can be reported briefly.
Full/Long Paper – The basic standard peer-reviewed paper and consists of 8 - 12 pages.
- The structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online.
- A short paper is only published in the conference proceedings book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the corresponding fee.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will get published in the conference proceedings book as well as published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals.
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference.
Step 4: Paper Elementary Review
- Once the full/short paper is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it is assigned for review by the reviewers of the scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process).
- The author will receive paper feedback and next step action by email within a 1-month maximum from paper submission date.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets an acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
Step 5: Payment
- Once the paper gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the conferencefees so that it could be sent to another 2 members of the scientific committee in order to provide the author with comments/notes that could improve the paper and push it to the limits.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our end such as paper acceptance letter and invitation letter.
Step 6: Paper Final Review
- The paper will be sent for review by another 2 members of the scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process). Reviewers' comments/notes will be forwarded to the author in order to modify the full paper accordingly. Then, send us the final version of the paper.
All accepted papers of the third Alternative & Renewable Energy Quest (3rd AREQ) after the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive) online by IEREK Press.
The ASTI Book Series by Springer is by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
The ASTI Book Series will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI), EI-Compendex, and Scopus databases.
To publish your research in the online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
Note that only authors of accepted papers who will register before the deadline will be allowed to present during the conference's online sessions (see Important Dates and Conference Fees).
If you are not sure whether you or one of your co-authors will be able to attend the conference, you should bear in mind that there is a fee to be paid for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests). The accepted paper will not be included in the conference proceedings without paying the fee (see Conference Fees for more details).
The proceedings of the Alternative & Renewable Energy Quest (3rd AREQ) will consist of many sections (or Parts), each edited by highly esteemed professors.
Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation Book Series IEREK Series for Interdisciplinary Studies
- On 10 May 1842 (his 25th birthday), Julius Springer founded his bookstore and publishing house in Berlin, laying the foundation for today’s company.
- After 175 dynamic years, the name Springer stands for a globally active publisher dedicated to the advancement of science, putting its authors and editors at the heart of the company’s publishing activities.
- Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
- Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals.
- Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world.
- As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
About the Series:
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on the best studies on emerging research that redefines existing disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. The series is mainly based on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences or direct submissions and is intended to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Offering interdisciplinary coverage, the series presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both the economic and sustainable development for the welfare of all societies. In particular, the series includes conceptual and empirical contributions from different interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues. The series is addressed to professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with Springer, the IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Publishing your paper with a reputable and renowned publisher is necessary to maintain the high quality standards of the scientific process along with retaining your copyright. It is even more advantageous to increase the exposure of your paper to the rest of the scientific community either online, offline, or in both versions.
All of the papers present in the book either belong to the best research papers in IEREK’s conferences or the authors’ direct submissions.Fees for direct submission: - The revision process: 200$ (nonrefundable)- Once the paper is accepted and approved: 200$.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
For IEREK's Provious Publications, Please Click here
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Online Conference attendance
Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Conference Abstract book and certificate
Depending on Location
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery)
*Please note that the following conference program is not final; minor changes could take place within the coming few days and it'll be updated accordingly.