Call For Abstracts: Green Urbanism (GU) – 2020
IEREK officially announce that abstracts submission for The 4th international academic conference on «Green Urbanism (GU)» is open now!
We are pleased to invite scholars, researchers, professors, students, and readers to become a part of this successful international event that aims to achieve sustainability and resilience of urban environments.IEREK Team
About Green Urbanism Conference
Following the success of the previous editions launched in 2016, 2018, and 2019. The 4th International Conference “Green Urbanism (GU)” will be held this year (2020) in association with Roma Tre University in Rome, Italy, from 24 to 26 November 2020.
This conference is a way to deal with limited resources as well as the need for adaptation to the effects of a changing climate and urban environments as they are increasingly questioning the sustainability and resilience of urban environments and infrastructure systems.
Green Urbanism reflects upon practical strategies focusing on increasing sustainability beyond and within the scope of individual buildings.
The significance of this conference lies in the pressing need for the integration of sustainability principles in the urban design process of cities and the general need for sustainable city development. It will be of particular relevance to the rapid urban growth of developing cities. As with the conference theme, the metaphor of green urbanism should inspire our imagination and reflection toward sustainable and resilient urbanism.
1. City Urban Form and Natural Resources
2. Urbanization of Rural Area: Energy, water and food security
3. Strengthening the Connection between City Center and its Gateways
4. Sustainable Public Transportation and Mobility Systems
5. Creative Environments: Sustainable Places of Living, Working and Recreation
6. Green Infrastructures and Social Services
7. Green Buildings: Designing Buildings with Nature and with Technologies
8. Energy-efficiency in the Built Environment
9. Waste Management, Pollution and Health Risks
10. Climate Responsive Architecture: Solar Architecture and Renewable Energies
11. Green Buildings and districts in passive designs: Daylight in Buildings and Nature Ventilation
12. Innovative and Eco-friendly Materials for the Building Envelope
13. Strategies for new cities proposals in developing countries
14. Towards Zero-waste city
15. Landscape, gardens, streetscapes and urban biodiversity
16. Water, Local food and short supply chains
17. Formulating the Principles of Green Urbanism
18. Urban governance, leadership and best practice in education, research
19. Urban Sprawl
20. Smart Cities
21. Urban Environments
22. Resilient Urbanism
Since scientific research publication is considered the most prestigious and productive means of disseminating (spread/disperse) the results of the research, all accepted proceedings (research papers) will get published in a high-quality peer-reviewed and refereed international journals…
By default, all accepted papers (proceedings) will be published in “ARChive” hosted by “SSRN by ELSEVIER”.
“ARChive” is an international journal published on behalf of researchers that perpetually make an effort to contribute to their fields. It serves to cultivate, propagate, and essentially archive academic research that has been authored and submitted for an academic conference
2- Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI)
On the other hand, high-quality manuscripts (research papers) will be published in a book series by our esteemed publisher partner “Springer“, instead of
ASTI is a series of peer-reviewed books based on the best studies on emerging research that redefines existing disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Author (researcher) should submit an abstract file (paper summary) online through the conferences official webpage or by email to [email protected].
- Submitted abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- You should choose the most relevant topic to your research from the conference topics.
- Abstract file should include the author’s full name, email address, academic title and affiliation.
- Abstract file should include Co-authors’ full name, email address, academic title and affiliation. (if exist)
- The author can use/download abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly. Download Abstract Writing Template
- Once the abstract is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it will be sent to undergo the revision process by members of the conference’s scientific committee.
- The author will receive abstract feedback and next step action by email within 2 weeks maximum from abstract submission date.
- Once the abstract is accepted, the author will receive abstract acceptance notification by email stating that the abstract is accepted and to proceed with full/short paper submission.