EXTENDED ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for your interest in submitting an extended abstract.
- It is vital that you include the title of the paper and the name(s) and address of the author(s) including emails, at the top of your extended abstract.
- Your paper must be original work and must be written in English.
- Extended abstracts should state clearly and concisely the problem, the methodology used and central conclusions.
- Extended abstracts should be written in such a way that the reviewers can quickly make an informed decision about the suitability of the paper for presentation at the conference.
-Explain clearly the objectives of the paper and its scientific and/or technical significance in 500 to 1000 words, with not more than two (2) pages inclusive of figures and graphs.
- The maximum page limit for all extended abstracts is two single-sided pages. Please use Calibri, 11 point, 1.12 line spacing.
- A maximum of two extended abstracts may be submitted by each presenting author.
- Extended Abstract submission will open from 15 March 2018 and close on 1st July 2018. Papers will be published either as a refereed conference proceeding or special journals issues
- All Extended abstracts must be submitted during this period through the online Abstract Submission page provided on www.aarse2018.org. Please follow the instructions provided therein.
- Email submissions will not be accepted.
- Extended abstracts should be prepared in advance using a word processor before accessing the website. The text can then be either cut and pasted into the appropriate section of the extended abstract submission page or saved in pdf format before uploading to the extended abstract submission page.
- During the extended abstract submission process, you will be asked to select a principal thematic area and an alternate thematic area for your abstract. If your extended abstract does not fall within the AARSE 2018 scientific themes and operational topics, you may select “other” and then enter the title of this other topic in the box labeled “Specify Other”.
- Please clearly mark in the abstract submission form whether you want to present your work orally or in the format of a poster.
- All scientific and technical topics are described in the Conference Technical Program page. Please familiarize yourself with them before submitting you’re extended abstract.
Questions regarding extended abstract submission should be e-mailed to [email protected]
The acceptance/rejection of submitted abstracts will be based on the review results.Acceptance/rejection letters will be sent via email only and not later than 1st August, 2018
Please follow the following guidelines for the submission of your abstract.
Abstract can be submitted either by email: [email protected]
or through the following link: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/aarse2018
EXTENDED ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
- Participation in AARSE 2018 is open to all individuals interested in or working in the fields of earth observation and geo-information sciences in Africa. For all sub-themes, papers for oral presentation, discussion, and poster sessions are invited.
- Extended abstracts received by the deadline will be considered for program placement under the standard peer review process. Late extended abstracts cannot be accepted due to a large number of submissions and short review schedule. Authors should indicate the sub-theme under which their papers fall.
- The AARSE 2018 Scientific Committee (SC) will organize all accepted abstracts into either oral or interactive poster sessions based upon their potential contribution to the conference and the composition of high-quality sessions.
- Only accepted papers that are registered and presented at the conference in Alexandria will be published in the conference proceedings (CD-ROM) and will be considered for peer-reviewed publication in a dedicated international journal.
SOLICITATION OF FULL PAPERS FOR ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATION (Of Accepted Extended Abstracts)
- If your extended abstract is accepted, you will be required to submit a full paper of a maximum of eight (8) pages inclusive of figures and graphs in Word and PDF format.
- The deadline for the submission of extended abstracts is 1st July, 2018, for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Papers will be published either as a refereed conference proceeding or special journals issues
- Please consult the Paper Kit available for download on www.aarse2018.org for instructions on how to prepare your extended abstract.
- Full registration and payment of conference fees are required for inclusion of the paper in the Technical Program and Conference Proceedings.
Download Abstract Template
Download Full Paper Template