The Elective Courses (choose 2 only)
For more information, please click the course name:
PACT 050 – Professional Management of the PPP Contracts
- What is the Public Private Partnership (PPP) – the Technical and Legal Definitions-?
- Different forms of PPP structures and contracts.
- Why PPP Contracts are different from other types of contracts.
- PPP Projects preparations required prior getting into a PPP Contract.
- Tendering Procedures of a PPP Project.
- Preparation of Tender Documents.
- PPP Contract stakeholder.
- PPP Contract General Structure
- Understanding the main articles and provisions of PPP Contract
- Understanding the function of each Annex of the PPP Contract and its connection to the PPP contract articles.
- Phases of the PPP Contract.
- Implementing and Managing the PPP Contract
- Termination of a PPP Contract
- Project Handover conditions and procedures.
- Dispute resolution Mechanisms.
PACT 060 – Formulation of International Contracts
- The Objective and Structure of the Contract.
- The legal considerations underpinning terms and conditions.
- Understanding the supplier’s objectives in seeking to include a particular term or condition.
- Realizing why the main contractual terms and conditions are present in commercial contracts.
- Understanding the basic differences between suppliers’ terms and buyers’ terms, and the effect on buyers’ rights and remedies.
- Supporting the organization’s position in contract formation and management.
- Preparation of the Tender Documents.
- Formulation of the TOR.
- Establishment of the KPIs and Measurements.
- Linguistic Formulation.
- Agreeing on the Dispute Resolution Mechanism (amicably and legally)
PACT 070 – Delay Analysis and Claims Management
I – Delay Analysis :
- Causes of Delays in the Construction Industry.
- Identification of Construction Delays.
- Delay Analysis Techniques.
- Resolving Concurrent Delays.
- Forms Utilized to Express Disruption and Delays.
II – Claim Preparation :
- Claim Definition.
- Claim Sources, Stages, and Types.
- Claim Procedures under FIDIC 87/99.
- Preparing and Evaluating a Claim.
- Claim Negotiation and Settlement
- Claims Management in PMBOK
III – Arbitration Administration :
- Commencing the Arbitration.
- Popular Arbitration Procedures.
- Guidelines for the Arbitrator.
- Guidelines for the Defending Officer.
- Drafting International Arbitration Clauses.
- Rule of Taking Evidence in International Arbitration.
- Award of Arbitration.
- The cost of the Arbitration.
- Time and Cost Control in Arbitration.
Other Elective Courses
CLAC 025 – Comparative International Contracts (FIDIC Forms)
CLAC 040 – Claims & Disputes in the Construction Industry
PRMG 055 – Procurement Management
PRMG 080 – Project Bids and Contracts