One of the main components of a city its transportation, and networking systems, where it could solely impact the city and its surroundings, in a positive or a negative manner.
Urban and Transportation Planning is constituted through defining goals and objectives, identifying problems, generating alternatives, evaluating alternatives, and developing plans. Where cities are aiming to transform to a smart city.
Therefore, Transportation and urban Planning is crucial for Developing countries, where it should be tackled and challenged by researchers, and practitioners.
IEREK seeks to address these challenges, topics, approaches, and their solutions through the international Conference “Urban transit & Sustainable Networks”.
Whereas this conference will aim to help and provide solutions, which will aid in the cities transformation, define & reduce negative impacts on the city and its components, and discusses the social & economical approaches and solutions for a better growth.
Constraints and challenges will be tackled by the emerging need for solutions and growth, where many stakeholders are aiming towards a smart city.
Logistical transportation, appropriate technologies, traffic, infrastructure, public participation, and government support are all affecting factors, which will be discussed and tackled in this conference.
- Transportation Systems & their Environmental Impacts.
- Transportation Strategies Traffic operations, Management and Control.
- Planning Tools, Modeling & Simulation.
- Logistics Transportation Network Planning.
- Public Transportation Systems & their Socio-eco Impact.
- Networking Operations & Intelligent Systems.
- Innovative & Emerging Transportation Systems & Practices.
- A Sustainable & Resilient Infrastructure Networks.
- Life Cycles & Management.
- Energy Efficient Networks & Sustainable Transportation Models.
- Transportation Safety & Security.
- Sustainable Networks Strategies.
- Public Participation & Travel Behavior.
- Government Policies & Regulations.
Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Not only you get to hear presentations, but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
Conferences can also expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on. Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings either as a hard copy or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
Digital Archives; All conference papers are archived online in the IEREK E-Library (http://www.IEREK.com) where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
Journal participants may attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our journal on IEREK website.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
The conference proceedings will be published in IEREK press’ journal “Resourceedings”, and the selected articles in ESSD – Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||December 15, 2016|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||January 1, 2017||Acceptance is issued once a positive feedback is received from the reviewing committee.|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||April 4, 2017|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||August 4, 2017|
|Early Payment Deadline||January 15, 2017||Late payment fees are mandatory after this date.|
|Late Payment Deadline||July 10, 2017|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||July 19, 2017||Will not be issued without completing the conference fees.|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||August 1, 2017||Will not be issued without completing the fees, and approval of the Full Paper.|
|Conference Program||September 19, 2017|
|Conference Launch||October 26, 2017||October 29, 2016|
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Università degli Studi di Enna "Kore", Viale delle Olimpiadi, Enna, Province of Enna, Italy
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference. These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1).
- The fees of Conference book (hard copy + flash memory) for audiences and co- authors, is shown in the table row 4.
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 5).
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a $100 administration charge. If the proceedings book is already published, the fees cannot be refunded.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
|1. Fees for Authors||€ 300|
|2. Fees for Non-Attending Co-Author||€ 50|
|3. Fees for publication online open access publication||€ 100|
|4. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners / Attending Co-Author||€ 200|
-If for any personal reason, you will not be attending the conference, you’ll be asked to provide a presentation and contact one of our scientific committee members for an extra fee, in order to present your work instead of you.
-If your visa got rejected, or if you weren’t able to get a security clearance for travel, kindly provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances, and we will assign a member of the scientific committee for free to present your paper, after you’ve completed a PowerPoint presentation, only if a co-author will not be able to provide a presentation in your place, where in order for the co-author to present he will be required to pay the co-author fees as well.
-Once a visa letter and an acceptance letter has been issued, a refund will not be possible.
For Co-Authors, Audience, and Workshop attendees;
-Refund before the event with a duration of 45 days will be allowed in full, only deducted the fees for the transaction.
-Refund after the given duration of 45 days will only occur in case of Visa rejection, proof of rejection must be submitted, and according to the rejection reason refund amount will be determined as the following;
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicants fault for not submitting the required papers for the visa, refund will occur with administrative fees deducted from the total amount ONLY if before the event’s date, no refunds after the event’s date will occur.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the Applicant can’t be accounted for, refund will occur with transaction fees deducted.