Submission is Still Open
One of the main components of a city is its transportation and networking systems. Such components could solely impact the city and its surroundings in a positive or a negative manner.
Transportation in urban areas, with its related environmental and social impacts, is a topic of significant concern for policymakers in both municipal and central government as well as for the urban citizens who need effective and efficient transport systems. Therefore, transportation and urban Planning is crucial for Developing countries in that sense that it should be tackled and challenged by researchers and practitioners.
Whereas this conference will aim to help and provide solutions that will aid in the cities’ transformation, define & reduce negative impacts on the city and its components, and discusses the social & economical approaches and solutions for better growth.
Logistical transportation, appropriate technologies, traffic, infrastructure, public participation, and government support are all affecting factors, which will be discussed and maneuvered through in this conference.
This international conference is open for students, researchers, engineers, scholars from all universities all around the world as they are all invited to submit their articles to discuss all matters related to strategies of urban transit; a distinctive element of the Urban transit and the Environment series is the interaction between academic and practical perspectives where theories and ideas are debated and their practical applications rigorously tested.
At the end of conference you will:
- Learn new techniques from transportation industry leaders from all around the world and also from successful case studies in transportation.
- Know more about sustainable transportation and its role.
- Know how to improve traffic system by using methods, plans and technological systems.
- Understand transportation planning trends, Transport modelling and urban transport simulation.
- Design better roads for pedestrians.
- Learn more about how to make the best use of lands.
- How to deal with pollution and climate change in planning.
- Understand environmental impacts with different environmentally friendly transportation modes.
- Learn about Transport strategies, public transport systems, Transport Safety, and Security Infrastructure.
- Know more about Transport policy and regulations, with intelligent transport systems.
- How to deal with Electro mobility and urban space.
- Understand merging transport systems and Energy efficiency.
- Urban transportation: Mobility in urban spaces
- Eco-friendly modes of transportation
- The impact of transportation on economical and social aspects
- Land use, Travel Behavior and transportation systems integration
- Infrastructure development, maintenance, and energy efficiency
- Roadway planning, Guidance Systems, and Human factors for Safety fundamentals
- Transportation Systems & their Environmental Impacts
- Transportation Strategies Traffic operations, Management, and Control
- Planning Tools, Modeling & Simulation
- Logistics Transportation Network Planning
- Public Transportation Systems & their Socio-eco Impact
- Networking Operations & Intelligent Systems
- Innovative & Emerging Transportation Systems & Practices
- A Sustainable & Resilient Infrastructure Networks
- Sea ports, airports and Inland dry ports
- Energy Efficient Networks & Sustainable Transportation Models
- Transportation Safety & Security
- Sustainable freight Networks Strategies
- Intermodal transportation systems
- Government Policies & Regulations
Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Not only you get to hear presentations, but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
Conferences can also expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on. Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings either as a hard copy or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
Digital Archives; All conference papers are archived online in the IEREK E-Library (http://www.IEREK.com) where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
Journal participants may attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our journal on IEREK website.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|April 18, 2017|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||May 1, 2017||Acceptance is issued once a positive feedback is received from the reviewing committee.|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||July 11, 2017|
|Full paper acceptance||August 31, 2017|
|Early Payment Deadline||June 11, 2017||Late payment fees are mandatory after this date.|
|Late Payment Deadline & Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||September 5, 2017||Letter visa will not be issued without completing the conference fees.|
|Conference Program||September 25, 2017|
|Conference Launch||October 25, 2017||October 27, 2017|
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
The international conference on Urban Transit and Sustainable Networks (UTSN) will be held in Palermo University – Catania – Italy during the period from 25 – 27 October 2017.
The University of Palermo was officially founded in 1806, although its earliest roots date back to 1498 when medicine and law were taught there.
Today, The University of Palermo (UNIPA) is a consolidated cultural, scientific and teaching presence in central-western. Its 5 Schools and 20 Departments cover the most important domains of contemporary scientific and technological knowledge.
Palermo University has 20 Departments, where researchers study every day to find new solutions to the questions posed by nature, science and society. From Information Technology to Biology, from Mathematics to Medicine, to architecture and Preservation of Cultural Heritage, the University works to make its contribution to innovation and progress to the international scientific community and the world of production.
Conference’s participants from around the world may use below location from google maps to get the right directions to the University of Palermo.
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference.
- These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1, for the early payment or row 2 or normal payment)
- A research paper fees allow only one author, whether he is the corresponding author or any co- author to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference book in both hard and soft copy (a Printed book + a CD)
- In case of there are co- authors (1-5 maximum) Each Co-Author has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 4) without attending. In case of one or more of these author need to attend the conference, they should complete the fees to attend as audience (Shown in the table, row 5)
- The fees of Conference book (hard copy + CD) for audiences and co- authors, is shown in the table row 3
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 5).
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a €100 administration charge.
- Once an acceptance letter has been issued, this means that the publishing of the proceedings book is in process, and a refund will not be possible.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Cancellation or withdrawal of a paper or an abstract from our system after it has been revised and receiving its accepted has a penalty to be paid, in case of either previous payment or not, €50 for the abstract and € 150 for the full paper before its delegation.
In addition to the conference fees, Authors are required to pay a mandatory publication fee for their papers to be published as per the above instructions:
- ARChive : € 70 for a maximum of 12 pages (extras will be charged €15 each).
For High-quality manuscripts:
- ESSD: € 100 for up to 12 pages (extra page will be charged with €15)
For Selected Manuscripts:
- Routledge by Taylor & Francis: € 150 for 12 pages (extra pages will be charged with €20)
|1. Fees for Authors (Early booking Before June 11, 2017)||€ 300|
|2. Fees for Authors (Standard Booking - After June 11, 2017)||€ 400|
|4. Fees for Non Attending Co-Author||€ 50|
|5. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners / Attending Co-Author||€ 200|
|6. Late Payment, added value to standard fees (After August 25, 2017)||€ 100|
- Once an acceptance letter has been issued, this means that the proceedings book is already in the publishing process and a refund will not be possible.
- In case your visa got rejected or if you were not able to get a security clearance for travel:
- You are required to provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances and in that case, you may choose to let your co-author present your research on your behalf free of charge, without having to pay an attendance fee. If you do not have a co-author, we will assign a member of the scientific committee to present on your behalf.
- If you, as an author, and your co-author are both attending the conference, your co-author will be required to pay an attendance fee.
- Kindly note that once you have uploaded your Abstract or Full Paper, this means you are accepting its publishing on IEREK, accordingly, your submission will only be removed from our website according to the following policy:
- If the Abstract or Full Paper was rejected by the reviewing committee, no penalties or payments are needed to be paid.
- In case the Abstract was accepted or you received the Preliminary Acceptance of your full paper, this means that an effort was done by the reviewing committee in the revision process and by IEREK staff members so removal of your Abstract / Paper from the website, will not be possible unless the revision fees are paid as follows:
- For an Abstract: €50
- For a Full Paper: €150
- This policy is used to ensure the commitment and the seriousness of an author when his/ her paper is accepted to complete his/her registration and not be limited to only getting the acceptance.
- As a research institute that encourages the propagation of peer-reviewed, research-based manuscripts, all authors must understand the gravity and seriousness of the publication process and be fully committed to it.
An author having more than one paper will enjoy 40% discount on the second paper, this applies only on conference fees excluding publications
- You will receive a full refund if you send your request 45 days before the event, in that case, only a 20 percent transaction fee will be deducted.
- If you request a refund after the 45 days period, you will only get approval in the case that your visa has been rejected and you have submitted the rejection letter itself. According to the reason of rejection from the embassy or consulate, the amount of money refunded back to you will be determined based on the following:
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicant’s fault for not submitting the required documents to receive a visa, an administrative fee will be deducted from the amount refunded back to the applicant ONLY if he/she sends the request before the event as no refunds are allowed after the given date.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the applicant cannot be accounted for, a refund will be allowed with the 20 percent transaction fees deducted.
- Please note that IEREK is only responsible for providing applicants with visa invitation letters that will help ease the process of receiving the visa but is not responsible for the approval or rejection of applicants who apply for visas.
If you need your research to be translated, we now offer professional translation for your research From Arabic and Italian to English.
The fees for the translation are as follows:Italian English
|Paper upto 8 Pages||EGP 800|
|Each extra page||EGP 150|
|Paper upto 8 Pages||€160|
|Each extra page||€25|
Different Travel Services:
Our aim is to provide our customers with exquisite travel and tourism related services such as and through a wide variety of activities, airlines, hotels, travel insurance, and package tours. It is to
Main/Core Services include:
– Hotel room/accommodation booking
– Domestic/International Air Ticket booking
– Consultations on obtaining visa procedures
– Event Management services
– Expense Management Solutions
– Leisure Travel services
– Holiday packages
– Sightseeing Tours
|Mohamed Mahmoud Hosny||
Associate Prof. (Surveying & Geodesy Chair Person), Faculty of Engineering, Civil Engineering - Transportation Department , Alexandria University, Egypt.
|Mohamed Maher Shahin||
Professor of Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Faculty of Civil Engineering – Alexandria University.
Full professor in Highways, Railways and Airports Engineering , Dean of Faculty "Engineering and Architecture" and Vice Rector at University of Enna "Kore"
|Yasser Gaber Dessouky||
Dean of Scientific Research and Innovation, Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT) , AbuKir Campus, Alexandria, Egypt.
Assistant Professor, School of Business, New Jersey City University, Jersey City, NJ Adjunct Faculty, Transportation and Logistics Program, Graduate School of Interdisciplinary, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
Associate Professor of Road, Railways and Airport at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of the Kore Enna University.
|Md. Abdul Mannan||
Professor at Civil Engineering at Univiersiti Malaysia Sarawak,UNIMAS. He served as a design engineer in consulting firm in KL from 1994 to 1998 to design several structural and infrastructural projects
Assistant Professor of Transportation/Associate Research Fellow Small Urban & Rural Transit Center (SURTC) Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute (UGPTI) North Dakota State University
Researcher at Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Kore University of Enna and teaches “Transportation System Engineering” and “Health and Safety on Work”
|Venky N. Shankar||
Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
Professor, Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, Concordia University, Montreal
Professor in Urban Planning Department of Architecture Polytechnic School University of Palermo Via delle Scienze
|Neil G. Sipe||
Professor of Urban & Regional Planning, School of Geography, Planning & Environmental Management - University of Queensland
Assistant Professor of Urban Design , Regional Planning, History and Design at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Kore University of Enna
|Peter T. Martin||
Head Of Department And Professor, Civil Engineering, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico
|Mohammed A. Mandour||
Professor of Urban Design and Planning at Faculty of Architecture at Helwan University
Associate Professor, Head of Faculty of Architectural Engineering, Arts and design program branch, Faculty of Architectural Engineering, and Arts and Design Program, Beirut Arab University, Tripoli Campus
|Jullio Cesar Perez||
International Consultant at Caesar Studio|Architects and Planners.
Director of the Faculty of Architecture - FAPF of Nampula and Professor of History and Restoration of Architecture, Universidade Lúrio - Unilúrio, Nampula
Assistant Professor of Urban Design and Planning, Department of Architecture, University of Bahrain
Assistant professor at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, University "Kore" of Enna
|Samer El Sayary||
Professor at the Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University,
Head, Department of Architecture and Urban Planning, College of Engineering, Qatar University, Qatar
Hatem Ibrahim is an Associate Professor of Architecture at the Department of Architecture and Urban Planning at Qatar University.
Assistant Professor in Architectural Engineering since 2013. College of Engineering. Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat.
Professor Emeritus, Department of civil engineering, Michigan state University
Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, An-Najah National University
Director of CSIR-CRRI, New Delhi and Professor at IIT Roorkee
Professor, Department of Civil Engineering University of Kentucky
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Rutgers University
Associate Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) University of South Florida (USF)
Associate Professor, Via Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
Professor in Transportation Engineering
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Rutgers
Assistant Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Assistant Professor Department of Environmental Planning Graduate School of Environmental Studies Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
|Khaled Salah Shaaban||
Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar
Associate Professor with tenure at the University of Palermo (UniPA), a member of LIAT _ Laboratoire de Recherche Infrastructure, Architecture, Territoire with location at the Ecole Normale Supérieure d’Architecture de Paris Malaquais.