Green urbanism is defined as the practice of creating communities beneficial to human and the environment it is an attempt to shape more sustainable surroundings, communities and lifestyles. and consume less of the world’s resources. Green urbanism is interdisciplinary, combining the collaboration of landscape architects, engineers, urban planners, ecologists, transport planners, physicists, psychologists, sociologists, economists and other specialists in addition to architects and urban designers.
The conference provides a context for a general debate about the regeneration of the city center and discusses how urbanism is affected by the paradigms of ecology.
IEREK organized this conference to deal with cross-cut issues in architecture and urban design and address the question of how we can cohesively integrate all the aspects of energy systems, transportation systems, waste and water management and passive and active strategies into contemporary urban design and improve environmental performance of our cities.
The significance of this conference lies in the pressing need for the integration of sustainability principles in the urban design process of cities and the general need for sustainable city development. It will be of particular relevance to the rapid urban growth of developing cities.
- City Urban Form and Natural Resources
- Urbanization of Rural Area: Energy, water and food security
- Strengthening the Connection between City Center and its Gateways
- Sustainable Public Transportation and Mobility Systems
- Creative Environments: Sustainable Places of Living, Working and Recreation
- Green Infrastructures and Social Services
- Green Buildings: Designing Buildings with Nature and with Technologies
- Energy-efficiency in the Built Environment
- Waste Management, Pollution and Health Risks
- Climate Responsive Architecture: Solar Architecture and Renewable Energies
- Green Buildings and districts in passive designs: Daylight in Buildings and Nature Ventilation
- Innovative and Eco-friendly Materials for the Building Envelope
- Strategies for new cities proposals in developing countries
- Towards Zero-waste city
- Landscape, gardens, streetscapes and urban biodiversity
- Water, Local food and short supply chains
- Formulating the Principles of Green Urbanism
- Urban governance, leadership and best practice in education, research and knowledge
To be announced soon.
Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will ultimately expand one’s knowledge and undoubtedly help one’s career.
You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You get to learn from experts in their fields. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, you will get an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learn about its people and culture.
Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard copy book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
- Elementary Review:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted as is for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
- First Acceptance:
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
- Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
- Second Acceptance:
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
- Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
IEREK is now negotiating to sign several agreements with many top ranked Journals to publish the proceedings of its conferences. Announcements soon will be made regarding publishing.
Will be announced soon!!
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Will be announced soon!!
-If for any personal reason, you will not be attending the conference, you’ll be asked to provide a presentation and contact one of our scientific committee members for an extra fee, in order to present your work instead of you.
-If your visa got rejected, or if you weren’t able to get a security clearance for travel, kindly provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances, and we will assign a member of the scientific committee for free to present your paper, after you’ve completed a PowerPoint presentation, only if a co-author will not be able to provide a presentation in your place, where in order for the co-author to present he will be required to pay the co-author fees as well.
-Once a visa letter and an acceptance letter has been issued, a refund will not be possible.
For Co-Authors, Audience, and Workshop attendees;
-Refund before the event with a duration of 45 days will be allowed in full, only deducted the fees for the transaction.
-Refund after the given duration of 45 days will only occur in case of Visa rejection, proof of rejection must be submitted, and according to the rejection reason refund amount will be determined as the following;
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicant’s fault for not submitting the required papers for the visa, refund will occur with administrative fees deducted from the total amount ONLY if before the event’s date, no refunds after the event’s date will occur.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the Applicant can’t be accounted for, refund will occur with transaction fees deducted.
The fees for the translation are as follows:
|Paper upto 8 Pages||EGP 800|
|Each extra page||EGP 150||Italian English|
|Paper upto 8 Pages||€160|
|Each extra page||€25|