The conference was successfully held in Italy, Lecce.
The International Conference on Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development was held in the University Of Salento- Lecce Italy. The conference was chaired by Professor Fabio Pollice (Department Of History, Society and Human Studies, University Del Salento) and organized by IEREK.
The opening session was held at Castello Carlo V, which was opened by a welcoming word from Prof. Vincenzo Zara (Rector of the University del Salento), Prof. Vitantonio Giola (Director of the Department of History, Society and Human Studies), and Prof. Franco Salvatori (President Emeritus of Italian Geographical Society).
It was shortly followed by a word from the Mayor of Lecce Dr. Paolo Perrone. Later on Mr. Mourad Amer (IEREK’s CEO), and Prof. Fabio Pollice (Scientific Coordinator of the Conference), made an introduction about the conference and its delegates, officially starting the conference, and allowing for the plenary sessions to begin.
The plenary sessions titled “The Sustainability of Planning a Critical approach”, and “Historic Centers and Tourism Development: Sustainable Paths” were run by the following professors;
– Prof. Michelangelo RUSSO (President of Italian Urbanist Society – University of Naples “Federico II”)
-Prof. Giandomenico AMENDOLA, sociologist (University of Florence)
-Prof. Mohsen A. B. BAYAD, architect (University of Alexandria)
-Prof. Attilio BELLI, urbanist (University of Naples “Federico II”)
-Prof. Konstantinos MORAITIS, Landscape architect (National Technical University of Athens)
-Prof. Angelo TURCO, geographer (IULM University)
-Chairman: Prof. Fabio POLLICE (University of Salento)
-Sen. Alfonso ANDRIA (President of the European University Centre for Cultural Heritage)
-Dr. Claudio BOCCI (Director of Federculture)
-Arch. Roberta MARASCO (Municipality of Lecce)
-Prof. Nabil MOHAREB (Head of Faculty of Architectural Engineering, Tripoli Branch)
-Arch. Maria PICCARRETA (Overseer, Department for Cultural Heritage)
-Prof. Franco SALVATORI (University of Roma “Tor Vergata”)
Moving on to the parallel sessions which was held at the Monastero Degli Olivetani- Lecce and which was led and moderated by great and reputable professors who were of great help in organizing this conference and its sessions. The topics discussed during the conference are of great interest to Lecce, which led in creating the “Round Table” that consisted of key people in Lecce and the University of Salento, discussing the urban regeneration projects in Lecce which was opened by, Professor Sergio Conti (President of the Italian Geographical Society), and was then discussed by;
-Massimo CRUSI (Architect, President of Architects’ Association, Province of Lecce)
-Gabriella DE GIORGI (Professor of Administrative Law, University of Salento)
-Anna Lucia DENITTO (Professor of Contemporary History, University of Salento)
-Luigi MANIGLIO (Architect, Director of “Planning Sector and Development”, Municipality of Lecce)
-Severo MARTINI (Councilor for Urban Planning, Municipality of Lecce)
-Maria Valeria MININNI (Professor of Urban Planning, University of Basilicata, T.S. PPTR Apulia Region)
-Fabio NASELLI (Professor of Urbanist, University Kore of Enna)
-Maria PICCARRETA (Overseer, Department for Cultural Heritage)
-Anna TRONO (Professor of Geography, University of Salento)
After the “Round Table” finished their discussion, the conference has moved to the public discussion which had many of the delegates participate into it, with a remarkable not to one of the Authors, Chaham Alalouch, thanking IEREK for its efforts, and also stating that IEREK is the first ever in the middle east to organize such great events. Taking the conference to its summary by MR. Mourad Amer (IEREK’s CEO), and to close the conference with the conclusions by Prof. Fabio POLLICE (Scientific Coordinator of the Conference, University of Salento), and Prof. Angelo TURCO (Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Tourism and Markets, IULM University).
A wide range of topics was covered by the conference papers, they were grouped into sections, and the conference topics are as follows;
- Planning Approaches for Sustainable Development
- Community Participation
- Urban Design and Urban Infrastructure
- Landscape Planning and Design
- City Planning, Development and Management
- Sustainable Public Transport Systems
- Cultural Development and Awareness
- Energy and the Environment
- Accessibility in Cityscape and Development Issues
- Climate Change and Ecological Planning
- Building Physics and Technology
- Planning for Risk and Natural Hazards
- Balancing Heritage Conservation and Development
- Planning for Public Health
- Sustainability and Architecture
- Sustainable Design and Configuration of Sustainable Cities
- Forms and Aesthetics in Architectural Designs
- Other topics related to Architecture Design and Urban Design
Conference Gala Dinner
Almost all of the delegates and organizers were able to get together during the conference days, on the gala dinner which was organized beforehand, to allow the authors and organizers to get together and discuss the conference.
During the gathering of the delegates at the gala dinner, they were able to dicuss many topics of the conference, futrthermore, they were able to exchange ideas about their papers and their cultural backgrounds.
The conference’s dinner took place in the Grand Tiziano Hotel at lecce located near to where the parallel sessions were held, at the Monastero Degli Olivetani- Lecce.
Publication of Papers
The proceedings of the international conference on “Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development” will be published by ELSEVIER at the Procedia journal “Social and Behavioral Sciences”
The Participants were awarded and internationally recognized certificate from IEREK that they have attended the conference and presented their papers.
Participants who attend the conference events and wish to publish their research will be asked to submit an extended version of their paper for possible publication in IEREK International Journal.
Nowadays, engineering technology has to cope with the rapid industrialization and urbanization seen in most countries.
IEREK aims to invite scientists, scholars, engineers and students from the universities and the research institutes from all over the world to present research activities and research findings, and thus to foster research relations.
- Architectural Design and Urban Planning
- Infrastructure Design for Regions in Rapid Development
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Intelligent Systems
- Lightweight Structures
- Project Management
- Infrastructure for New Cities and Landscapes
- Design for Urban Infrastructure: Parks, Buildings, Streets and Systems
- Human Factors
- Technology and Knowledge Management
- Systems Modeling and Simulation
- Site Planning, Executing and control
- Service Innovation and Management
- Computer Science and Information Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil and Architectural Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Safety, Security and Risk Management
- Traffic and Transportation Engineering
- Other related Applied Sciences and Engineering fields
Why attend this conference?
Attending a conference isn’t all about personal and career development. Since there are so many high-quality conferences and events put on each year, you actually need to opine about which ones you should go to and which you’ll benefit most from.
You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. It is a great opportunity to discover more about Engineering technology and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, taking an overview of the place or urban center where the conference is being entertained and learning around its people and civilization
When designing our course of studies we are continuously aware of the fine balance between theory and practice therfore, It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferencesregularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
All conference papers will be digitally archived online in the IEREK E Library(http://www.IEREK.com) where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
Journal participants may attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our journal on IEREK website.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted as is for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with a clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||June 14, 2015|
|Last notification of first acceptance(abstracts)||June 18, 2015|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||August 10, 2015|
|Last notification of Second acceptance (Full Papers)||August 13, 2015|
|Payment deadline||August 15, 2015|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates whom need visa entry)||August 20, 2015|
|Final approval of full papers||September 10, 2015|
|Conference Program||September 14, 2015|
|Conference days||October 14, 2015||October 16, 2015|
To benefit from a 25% discount only for Author fees (The paper fees)- a hundred dollars ($100):
– Please proceed the payment before the 15th of June, 2015. The system will allow you to pay the authors fees ($300) instead of ($400) only till this date.
– For the online open access at sciencedirect.com, it has fixed fees that do not get the discount offer, even if they are paid early.
Late Payment (after 15 August)
$100 will be added to the author fees, the system will ask you to pay ($500) instead of ($400)
– ($150) for late payment for the online open access at sciencedirect.com instead of ($100).
– Every research paper should have at least a main author who should pay the full fees, even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate. These fees include the attendance of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1),
– In case there is a co-author who is either a student or a professor and wants to attend the conference, participate in its activities and get a certificate of attending, he or she has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 5),
– In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 6).
(25% discount only for Author fees has Expired!)
– A 25% discount for the author fees was granted to those who paid the paper fees before the 15th of June, 2015, allowing them to pay only ($300) instead of ($400).
– Additionally, the online open access at sciencedirect.com had fixed fees that did not get the discount offer, even if they had been paid early.
However, Another two week discount is being offered,
To benefit from a 10% discount only for Author fees (The paper fees):
– Please attempt to pay before the 1st of July, 2015. The system will allow you to pay the authors fees ($360) instead of ($400) only till this date.
– The online open access at sciencedirect.com has fixed fees that do not get the discount offer, even if they are paid early.
Late Payment (after 15 August)
– ($100) will be added to the author fees and the system will ask you to pay (500 $) instead of ($400).
– ($150) for late payment for the online open access at sciencedirect.com instead of ($100).
– Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances more than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus the list price of the conference book and a $100 administration charge. Fees remain payable in full for cancellations received within 60 days of the start of the conference.
– Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
|Fees for Authors (Paper Fees)(Expired!)||$ 400|
|Fees for Authors with 25% Discount for Early Payment (Before 15th June 2015) (Expired!)(Paper Fees)||$ 300|
|Fees for Authors with 10% Discount for early Payment (Before 1st of July 2015) (Expired)||$ 200|
|Fees for a Co-Author ( Students,Professors )(Expired)||$ 300|
|Fees for Audiences (Learners,Interests )(Expired)||$ 100|
|Late Payment (after 15 August) for Authors (Paper Fees)||$ 500|
|Late Payment (after 20 August) for a co-Authors fees||$ 250|
|Late Payment (after 20 August) for Audiences (Learners,Interests)||$ 375|
|Fees for publication online in open access at sciencedirect.com||$ 100|
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter by Salento University for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
However, you are required to prepare your papers according to the regulations of your country’s embassy/consulate. To do this, you will need to visit the embassy/consulate website or by contacting them.
In case of any missing document during the appointment or any other unfortunate incident that leads to your rejection, IEREK clears its responsibility as we will have done our part in providing the documents we can provide to ease the process.
University of Salento. Lecce – Italy
A young dynamic university, keen to expand and to prove itself at a national and international level. Since 1955 the Università del Salento has had the aim of promoting knowledge, skill and merit and has offered a large range of educational opportunities.
Professor of Geography Economics-politics and Geography of Development and the Environment at the University of Salento, Lecce.
Professor of Urban Design , Regional Planning, History and Design at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Kore University of Enna.
Emeritus Professor of Architectural Design, RIBA Visiting Board Panel and Member Scientific Committee, PLEACardiff University, Cardiff University.
Professor of Real Estate Appraisal and Economic Assessment of Plans, Programs and Projects. Department of Heritage, Architecture, Urban planning, Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria.
Professor of Energy Physics at the University of Athens and visiting professor at many Universities at Cyprus, London, Tokyo, Bolzano, Brunnel and Singapore.
Professor and Urban planner and Urban Designe rand a published author of several international urban projects such as XXI Century Havana’, the future development of the capital of Cuba and the Historic Center of Aranjuez in Spain.
|Mohsen Abu Bakr Bayad||
Professor of architecture and urban design and vice president of Faculty of fine arts for postgraduate studies and researches Alexandria University.
Former Dean Of Faculty of Arts, Alexandria University, Member of the Society of Egyptian Architects and one of the board of Supreme Council of Universities-Egypt.
Professor in Architectural Engineering Department Faculty of Engineering, University of Pharos, enrolled in many fellowships, academic and professional memberships.
Associate Professor in architectural design, urban design, planning and the architectural humanities, the Faculty of Architecture, professional experience in Australia and Asia.
Professor andvspecialization in Philosophy of Aesthetics at the School of Architecture of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
Assistant professor of digital media and design computing in architecture at the Department of Construction and Architectural Engineering, American University at Cairo, AUC.
Professor of “Architecture Syntheses and Theory/ Philosophy of Architecture Design"- school of Architecture Engineering/ National Technical University Athens.
Associate Professor in architectural design using digital simulation in forecasting their movements and behavior, Head of Faculty branch of Architectural Engineering, Beirut Arab University.
|Jack WERNE JR||
The principal founder and served on the Board of theInterstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC), A leading expert regarding implementation and administration of renewable energy efficiency programs.
Assistant Professor in Architecture Department and Environmental Engineering and in Urban Management for climate change (IHS, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2014), Faculty of Fine Arts.
Distinguished Professor of Architecture and Historic Preservation, housing and planning studies, and Director, International Fellows Program, Roger Williams University.
Associate Professor of Design at the Architecture School of Polytechnic University of Madrid. has many famous projects susch as "The Four new doors for the Retiro Garden"
Assistant Professor in Architecture, Parametric Design and coputing techniques, the founder of Algorithm Lab, University of MSA, Cairo.
Professor in Architecture and Founding Director of in the World Research Centre, India. supporter to Government of Oman in Arabian vernacular and Historical architecture, Metropolitan University.
|Jagat S Jawa||
Distinct and specialist in Energy Studies from IIT Delhi. profeisonal in energy management , Delhi University.
|Samer El sayary||
Professor at Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, an academic lecturer who explores the boundaries of local heritage and develops it using research and computer.