No matter how experienced you are in your field, we all want to keep growing, and for that we should never stop learning. The following self-developing advantages are why researchers choose IEREK and its conferences:
1- Sharpen the Saw
We all know we need to take breaks from the work environment, once in a while to refocus our headspace and sharpen our skills. You will always return from a conference with new ideas and approaches that make you more effective and efficient at work.
2- Meet Experts Face to Face
While not all conferences offer you the opportunity to meet business experts, your chance to meet professionals with IEREK is greatly improved when you’re sharing the same room.
3- Networking Opportunities
Good conferences provide opportunities for attendees to mix and mingle, form new relationships, and strengthen existing ones. You could link with the perfect prospect, or you may find yourself sitting next to your future collaborator.
4– Learning in a New Space
It’s easy to find ourselves in a rut. Sitting in the same chair, office, coffee house, or now couch, can hold us back from creative thinking and fresh ideas. Escaping from the routine work environment, being in a new space (even if it’s a tired old Holiday Inn conference room), can spark new approaches that could reignite your passion towards your field.
5– Break Out of Your Comfort Zone
Adding onto the last reason, events break you out of your comfort zone.
It’s nothing to read a blog from the privacy of your office. You won’t run out of breath listening to a podcast (unless you’re on the treadmill.) You don’t have to hold a conversation while your YouTube video buffers.
While there are those among us who are natural networkers, many of us feel challenged by live events, and meeting new people. Still, breaking out of our comfort zones is just the type of action we should take to break old habits of thinking that stunted our growth.
6– New Tips & Tactics
The problem with the internet is we believe that everything is within reach. Perhaps it is. Unfortunately, this overwhelming amount of data can make it difficult to cut through the noise and reach the best material. A well-managed conference will help curate new ideas, neatly and efficiently, to help us advance our approach.
7– The Energy of Like-Minded Individuals
There’s nothing like being in a room of like-minded people. Other people with the same goals, aspirations, and interests, who are willing to take time away from the office to learn something new and better themselves. This helps you realize you’re not alone in wanting to hone your skills and return with this knowledge to your organization.
8– Invest in Yourself
One of the most important of the 10 reasons, and perhaps self-evident; leaving the office and “sharpening the saw” is investing in yourself, admitting that you’re worth the extra mile, and that you still have room to flourish. It’s an investment your career and your company. When you visit the website and submit your research, you’re investing in your own growth. And when you choose IEREK you’ll have support every step of the way!
Look around a room at a conference and note that everyone, starting from the audience and ending with the authors, has a different way of thinking. They’ve been chosen through a thorough process so that attendees are of the best in the conference’s field, making it impossible not to find what you’re looking for in the conference’s content.
10– Share Learnings
If you’re in a supervisory position, the most important one to you will be this one. If you send someone to a conference and they learn and network, then that’s great. However, to truly make it valuable, they’ve got to bring all that back and share it with the folks who didn’t get to go to the conference but could still benefit from the info. Having the extra responsibility of bringing something back to share encourages your team to be present and engaged during the conference.
- Future Smart Cities https://www.ierek.com/events/future-smart-cities-fsc-3rd-edition#introduction
- Cultural Sustainable Tourism (CST) – 2nd Edition: https://www.ierek.com/events/CST2020
- Conservation of Architectural Heritage (CAH) – 5th Edition: https://www.ierek.com/events/CAH5th#introduction
- Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism https://www.ierek.com/events/RRAU3rd#introduction
- Urban Regeneration and Sustainability (URS) – 2nd Edition https://www.ierek.com/events/urban-regeneration-sustainability#introduction
- Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts (CITAA) – 4th Edition https://www.ierek.com/events/cities-identity-through-architecture-and-arts-4th-edition#introduction
- Alternative and Renewable Energy Quest https://www.ierek.com/events/AREQ3rd#introduction
- Urban Transit and Sustainable Networks (UTSN) – 3rd Edition https://www.ierek.com/events/UTSN-3rd#introduction
- Parallelism in Architecture, Engineering & Computing Techniques – Third Edition
- Green Urbanism (GU) – 4th Edition: The Periphery as a Catalyst for Energy and Skills
- Architecture, Engineering, and Technology AET 4TH edition https://www.ierek.com/events/aet-2021#introduction