(Newington) Sydney, Australia.
Sustainable urban planning is one of the most important research topics for all architectural specialists, but have you ever wondered what is the meaning of it? Actually, the most accurate way to talk about it correctly is to talk about real example like (Newington, Sydney)
History of Sydney. How was it founded?
The city was founded by the British. Where Captain Arthur Phillip led the 11 ships of the First Fleet into Port Jackson on1788. It was the first settlement of European countries in Australia. The aim was to establish a prison for British civilians in this city. At a suburb of Western Australia. The city of Newington is one of the oldest and largest cities in Sydney, Australia.
Sydney Olympic Games (2000).
When we move from the distant past to the recent past, we will see that the city of Sydney has evolved dramatically. This period marked a turning point in the history of Sydney, where the Olympic Games held in Sydney in 2000 were the most important sporting and historical events in the city. The city has also presented the world in a new and different way than it did earlier because of the construction of new infrastructure to fit the big event, where the construction was based on the latest methods of development and construction based on the idea of urban planning.
Tourism in (Newington) Sydney.
The city of Sydney (Newington) is located in the continent of Australia in a very special location. Overlooking the Pacific waters from the east and between the blue mountains to the west. Making it attractive to more than one type of tourism such as leisure tourism and educational tourism, where education occupies second place in the list of Australian exports and has one of the most famous universities in the world, Newington College and the University of Sydney. The 2000 Olympic Games also played a role in increasing the number of tourists in the city as a kind of sports tourism after the tournament increased the rate of tourist trips more than usual. In order to support the players in the largest tournament in the world.
The Sydney Opera House is one of the oldest theatres in the world. It is built on concrete and a combination of steel cables that prevent cracking according to the latest construction and urban planning at this time. It was designed by Danish architect Yorn Otson in 1973 in Penneilung, Sydney Harbor.
The construction took about 15 years since it began in 1958 and was opened in 1973
In 2007, UNESCO included the Sydney Opera House on the World Heritage List on the list of the pyramids of Giza, Taj Mahal and other distinctive places on the ground. The Sydney Opera House is now one of the most important tourist attractions in Australia
Sydney is working on a set of goals that will make the city a more developed, sustainable and cohesive city by 2030 based on sustainable development.
Development depends on three main axes (Green – Global – Connected) and has been based on demand from the city’s residents and from the point of view of investors in the city. Therefore, the city will gather all the forces and focus on the completion of this huge project and work to achieve it and start implementation.
The main elements presented by the participants in the proposals wish to be realized in the city after development:
- Developing the general form of society, in an urban way.
- Improve public transportation and provide more specialized areas and urban development suitable for cycling and hiking.
- Solve street parking problems.
- Increase the green spaces between the corridors and within the city and surrounding areas.
- Increase places for walking, picnic and entertainment.
- Reliance on the implementation of sustainable urban planning.
– It is one of the newest cities that considered to be one of the most important modern examples of sustainable urban planning (Newington) Sydney, Australia.
The most important principles of sustainable development applied in (Newington) Sydney, Australia.
- Solar Panels. The city relies mainly on solar energy, which serves approximately 5,000 people.At the time of its establishment, it was the world’s largest solar city, providing more clean energy free from pollution. It prevents the rise of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and reduces harmful gas equivalent to about 262 cars a year.
- Sustainable corridors.The design of the city depends on the exploitation of all areas in an advanced and environmentally friendly manner. In the design of sustainable corridors, 90% of the local plants have been relied on, and irrigation method based on rain water should be up to 40%.
According to the latest studies and research, the city of Sydney is considered one of the top five cities in the world to live, although it is one of the most expensive cities in the world.
The 4th international conference on “Green Urbanism (GU)” is taking place in Rome, Italy, from 24 to 26 November 2020.
GU-2020 aims to bring together, scientists, urban planners, architects and other stakeholders from across the globe to discuss the latest research findings in all aspects of sustainability.
Moreover, GU international conference avails the opportunity for interested researchers, scholars, scientists, architects, and engineers from around the globe to submit their research papers and get them published in highly-ranked international journals by the esteemed publishers Springer and IEREK Press. Noting that submitted researches must be in the scope of at least one of the official conference topics and abiding the submission instructions.
Many critical topics will be discussed during the GU conference, such as:
- The Evolution of Green Urbanism
- Formulating the Principles of Green Urbanism
- Urban Design for Nature, Conservation of Natural Resources
- Passive Designs: Green Buildings for Sustainable Use
- Green Districts: Bike, Cycles, and Pedestrians’ Corridors
- Urban Growth of Developing Cities
- City Urban Form and Natural Resources
- Landscape, Gardens, Streetscapes, and Urban Biodiversity
- Urbanization of Rural Area: Energy, Water, and Food Security
- Urban Governance, Leadership, Best Practices, Research, and Awareness
- Green Infrastructure and Sustainable Environment
- Regeneration of the City Center and Urban Transit Hubs
- Waste Management, Pollution, and Health Risks
- Energy Efficiency in the Built Environment
- Effects of Sustainable Environments on Human Health
- Advancing Solutions towards Zero Waste Cities
- Transformation to Green Environment
For more information & registration, visit the conference’s official page: https://www.ierek.com/events/GU4th