Energy Resources: Harnessing Solar Energy by Solar Farms
Energy Resources in Urban Areas
Urban areas records the highest power consumption in any country and thus the need for shifting to renewable energy is increasing. Cities are considered as the smoking chimneys in a country. Increased level of pollution has given rise to number of health problems and diseases. This is one of the main factor of poor quality of life in cities thus there is a dire need to shift to renewable source of energy which are less or non-polluting.
With the use of solar energy & shifting to LED lights a carbon footprint can be reduced significantly and tonnes of carbon dioxide will be prevented from releasing in the atmosphere. Use of solar energy provides flexibility because of the immense use and potential ways in which it can be used. Transmission lines has a negative impact for urban design and the area under transformers and electric sub stations cannot be utilized for other purpose.
Solar farms (sometimes known as solar parks or solar fields) are the large-scale application of solar photo-voltaic (PV) panels to generate green, clean electricity at scale. Solar also creates investment and local green jobs, whilst reducing the reliance on overseas fossil fuel imports & decentralized electricity generation.
Use of solar energy is of great importance in the state of Gujarat & thus a dedicated Solar Power Plant with Crystalline- Silicon Solar Panels has been provided on and outside the periphery of the town as land values are relatively lower on the boundary & outside the municipal boundary of city.
The use of Silicon Solar Panels technology will ensure maximum utilization of land which is much criticized in solar power Plant. The main drawback of this type of solar panel is the high initial investment but the increased efficiency, negligible maintenance & long life helps in making it viable for large scale use. Considering the surrounding land use & activity in surrounding area the land under Solar Power Plant will also be utilized for cattle grazing & other activities. They can also be clubbed with windmills for additional power generation where wind velocity is sufficient.
Solar Farms Benefits:
- These are most nature-friendly way of generating power for the grid – and support endangered wildlife such as bees.
- Solar makes virtually no noise or waste and has no moving parts.
- Many solar farms are grazed by sheep or combined with other farming.
- Solar is the most popular form of energy generation.
- Community groups/ companies can invest in or set up their own solar farms.
- Cheap electricity from solar farms in long run.
- They represent time-limited, reversible land use and provide an increased, diversified and stable source of income for landowners.
- They have lower visual and environmental impacts than other forms of power generation.
- Reduces the reliance on overseas fossil fuel imports and decentralized electricity generation.
- Reduction in formation of urban heat islands & keeping the building cool.
International Conference On: Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development (UPADSD)
If you are eager to know more about Urban Planning and Sustainable Development, Luckily IEREK is organizing The 2nd Version of International Conference On: Urban Planning and Architectural Design for Sustainable Development (UPADSD) to be held in Italy at 30 October / 31 October 2017, follows the success of the first version which took place in Lecce, Italy during the year of 2015.
UPADSD 2017 aims to bring together, scientists, urban planners, architects and other stakeholders from across the globe to discuss the latest scientific advances in the field.
Critical Topics will be exposed during this conference as following:
- City planning.
- Regional planning.
- Rural developments.
- Sustainability and the built environment.
- Sustainability indicators.
- Policies and planning.
- Environmental planning and management.
- Energy resources.
- Cultural heritage.
- Quality of life.
- Community planning and resilience.
- Sustainable solutions in emerging countries.
- Sustainable tourism.
- Learning from nature.
- Sustainable Transportation.
- Social and political issues.
- Community planning.
For more instant & latest news about Urban Planning and Sustainable development, Fill in IEREK’s VIP Membership application through this link: https://goo.gl/forms/cI9ipX4yJH8PclAH3