Reaching a zero-emission and zero-waste urban city design has been one of the most focused topics in the past few decades. Promoting compact energy-efficient urban development, seeking to transform and re-engineer existing city districts and regenerate the post-industrial city center. Green Urbanism promotes the creation and development of beneficial communities and urban cities to both human and the environment.
As the advance of the human society began to demand an increasing demand in energy consumption which in turn affects the world's resources, Green Urbanism attempts to mold sustainable communities and urban cities that would consume less of our Earth's resources. It is interdisciplinary, combining the collaboration of landscape architects, engineers, urban planners, ecologists, transport planners, and other specialists in addition to architects and urban designers.
Green Urbanization of previously existent communities and cities is even more important than the development of new ones, as figuring out ways to reach the optimum state where all around the world, the fear of resources depleting, is non-existent. Not only that, but the preservation of the urban landscape that connects the cultural components, like identity and history with the natural physics of a city, like its geography, water and natural ecology, is of the utmost importance.
In an attempt to give birth to a sustainable city which operated on many levels that includes, public and private spaces designment, circulation, services and presenting a more efficient and maintainable lifestyle, IEREK organizes the 5th edition of the international conference on "Green Urbanism" to help find clear insights to the many levels that are required to achieve the desired balance in urban cities in relation to the ecosystem.
Many challenges and problems are still faced in realizing the balance between urban environment and the ecosystem that surrounds it. Minimizing the usage of energy, water and several other resources are only but a few facing the creation of sustainable green urbanistic cities which is why the Green Urbanism conferences aim to add the concept of sustainability to the available natural resources with the innovative approach to the energy efficiency and providing green solutions to problems that are still faced with many challenges to overcome.
In order to deal with cross-cut issues in architecture and urban design with the goal of addressing the different aspects that are associated with the ways that could be the best and cohesively integrate all the aspects of functionality, and the pressing need for the incorporation of the principles of sustainability into the urban design processes of cities and the general need for sustainable development which will be of particular relevance to the rapid urban growth of developing cities, as well as providing a context for general debate regarding the regeneration of the periphery and city centers as a catalyst for energy and skills, IEREK invites you to participate in this conference to communicate your ideas and knowledge.
Abstract Submissions Deadline
08 Jun 2021
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
08 Jul 2021
Full Paper Submission Deadline
06 Sep 2021
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
06 Oct 2021
Early Payment Deadline
06 Sep 2021
Regular Payment Deadline
06 Oct 2021
Late Payment Deadline
05 Nov 2021
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
06 Oct 2021
Letter of Final Acceptance
06 Oct 2021
05 Nov 2021
05 Dec 2021
- For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate embassy.
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
Up to 60 days before the event
Up to 50 days before the event
Up to 40 days before the event
39 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
To download the writing template for a Short paper,Click hereExtended Papers
- Abstracts should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- After you have received the acceptance of your abstract, please continue to write your full paper with the requested template (please download from the link provided below).
Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language.
To download the writing template for a full-length paper,Click here
Abstract and full paper submission instructions,Click here
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1· Accepted (with minor editing changes).
2· Conditionally accepted (with revisions provided to authors).
3· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of presentation in this certain conference.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Acceptance for your paper:
After receiving an acceptance for your abstract and after the submission of your research (short paper version), the paper will enter a process for plagiarism check to ensure that the content is original.
( Extended Papers )
After the conference, authors interested in publishing their manuscripts will be required to submit an extended version of their research papers (10-12 pages long) and they will be subject to a rigorous revision process as follows:
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used the appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
- Publication in IEREK Press:- Authors will be given the chances to publish in 'ARChive'.
- Selected Manuscripts:- A book Series by 'Springer'. Publication in the 'Springer' Book Series will only be applicable to the selected papers that will be supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material
- To publish your research in an online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
* Full length papers selected for publication in ASTI book series are subject to submission into a rigorous revision process by a scientific committee of experts before notice of acceptance/rejection for publication.
* Thus, such outstanding material will lead to the indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as 'Scopus' and 'Thomson Reuters'.
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
Papers 4-5 pages long
Papers 8-12 pages long
If you are interested in getting this service, please email us your paper on: email@example.com
Department of Architecture and Regional Planning, Indian Ins..