The field of food and water have not only helped the development in different fields in science and technology but also contributed towards the improvement of the quality of human life to a great extent.
All of this has become possible with the different discoveries and inventions leading to the development of various applications. The core aim of this conference is to provide an opportunity for the delegates to meet, interact and exchange new ideas in the various areas of food and water. This conference provides a unique opportunity to learn about the latest trends in leading practices, innovative technologies, and pioneering science.
Connecting people from across food, water, and environment fields it showcases successful examples of public-private partnerships for service delivery, new policies and regulations, and benchmarking of water and Foodservice providers.
The conference presents the collective knowledge and expertise through leading keynote speakers, open discussions, presentations, poster sessions, dialogues on emerging issues and technical workshops.
The expression ‘sustenance’ carries to our mind everlasting pictures. We think things that we eat and drink as well as how we eat them and the points and individuals with whom we eat and drink. Nutrition supposes a crucial part of our lives and is nearly linked with our certainty.
2. Food Safety Operations In Food Processing, Handling And Distribution
Advances in Food quality and process include product style and process control, application of excellent food hygiene practices, throughout production, processing, food labeling, food handling, food distribution, storage.
Food processors should have systems in place to assure that product that is being manufactured don’t have physical, chemical or microbic contaminants introduced throughout process and packaging.
Some sources of potential contamination comprise animal waste fertilizers, contaminated irrigation water, human handling practices, contaminated containers, inadequate postharvest washing, improper packaging, poor temperature management and contamination within the food preparation space.
3. Food And Water Waste And Recycling
As per the “Waste Control Act”, which was made to accumulate the important premise information for the foundation of waste administration arrangements, current data on squander age and treatment is gathered and routinely refreshed, including the measures of waste produced by type, local circulations, and changes in transfer designs.
4. Food And Water Hazards
Food safety hazard refers to any agent with the potential to cause adverse health consequences for customers. Food safety hazards are produced when food is exposed to risky agents that lead to contamination of that food.
Food hazards is also biological, chemical, physical, allergenic, nutritionary and biotechnology-related. Hazards is also introduced into the food supply any time throughout harvest, formulation and process, packaging and labelling, transportation, storage, preparation, and serving.
5. Food And Water Sustainability
Global demand for food and water is projected to extend by 70 per cent over future 40 years. Beside the necessity to extend food and Water production is that the challenge of doing it in an exceedingly manner that does not affect gas emissions, water quality, diverseness or fish stocks.
The focus of this priority area is on sustainable, competitive and economical agri- & marine food production and process that includes land-use optimization, biology and non-food crops; wild fish gather and aquaculture; and the manufacture of safe, value-added and innovative foods. Reduction of waste in food supply chains is a crucial sustainability issue.
A lot of economical utilization and management of the resources and values created in food and Water supply chains will contribute to rising competitiveness, and environmental and social responsibility. Simulation tools are usually used for supporting deciding on supply chain re style when logistical uncertainties are in place, building on their inherent modelling flexibility. Mostly, the underlying assumption is that product quality is not influenced by and does not influence chain design.
Clearly, this is often not true for food supply chains, as quality modification is intrinsic to the industry. We have a tendency to propose a brand new integrated approach towards logistics, sustainability and food & Water quality analysis, and implement the approach by introducing a brand new simulation atmosphere.
6. Food And Water Authenticity
The authenticity is an element of food and can be realized by the compliance of food to the referential genuine. The idea of authentic outlined by something genuine, true, certain etc. applied to food, certifies that these products are from an assured origin in compact with food and Water standards and force rules and with the inscriptions of the presentation label.
The authenticity, as a vicinity of quality elements, should be sure and certified, every and each commodity should have a name followed by a collection of legal features to avoid any variety of confusions on the market.
7. Food And Water Safety Laws And Regulations
From earliest times, food and Water has been significantly vulnerable to utilization, and there is a long history of food statute with the scope of preventing consumers being either deceived or intoxicated.
Measures for the preservation of the consumer against the deception of food and drink were among the earliest examples of social legislation.
In spite of the unquestioned elaboration in food purity and in marketing trainings caused by this legislation consumers are more uneasy about the security and quality of the modern food supply.
8. Food And Water Safety And Packaging Technologies
Food and Water safety is interested in the processing, preparation, and storage of food and Water in methods in which it can avoid food and Water borne diseases.
Being aware of safety hazards in duty establishments, recognizing risk in food and water services and coming up with methods to minimize them are all main aspects to be discussed.
9. Other Topics
- Water Utility Management.
- Wastewater Management.
- Drinking Water and Potable Reuse.
- Urban Water Systems.
- Communities, Integrated Planning and Enabling Environment.
- Large Scale Water Management.
- Food Preservation and Quality Standard.
- Applied Nutrition.
Abstract Submissions Deadline
27th December 2018
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
26th January 2019
Full Paper Submission Deadline
27th March 2019
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
26th April 2019
Early Payment Deadline
25th March 2019
Regular Payment Deadline
10th April 2019
Late Payment Deadline
25th April 2019
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
26th April 2019
Letter of Final Acceptance
26th April 2019
26th May 2019
25th June 2019
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference will receive a complete refund minus a 100 USD administration charge.
- Once an acceptance letter has been issued, a refund is not possible.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by providing relevant documents (if any), but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance
The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Conference Fees :
Author Fees (for Short Paper)
Author fees for Early Payment | 25th March 2019
Author fees for Regular Payment | 10th April 2019
Author fees for Late Payment | 25th April 2019
Regular Attendance Fees
Fees for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests)
Fees for NON-Attending Co-Authors
Extra Fees (upon request)
Additional Conference Book (Hard copy + CD)
* In addition to 1 free copy gifted to main authors, additional copies are available for the fee mentioned.
Springer/Journal Publication (Extended Papers)
* Authors who have submitted a short paper may extend their papers for the fee mentioned.
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
Up to 60 days before the event
Up to 50 days before the event
Up to 40 days before the event
39 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
- Publication in IEREK Press:- Authors will be given the chances to publish in 'ARChive'.
- Selected Manuscripts:- A book Series by 'Springer'. Publication in the 'Springer' Book Series will only be applicable to the selected papers that will be supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material
- To publish your research in an online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
* Full length papers selected for publication in ASTI book series are subject to submission into a rigorous revision process by a scientific committee of experts before notice of acceptance/rejection for publication.
* Thus, such outstanding material will lead to the indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as 'Scopus' and 'Thomson Reuters'.
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1· Accepted (with minor editing changes).
2· Conditionally accepted (with revisions provided to authors).
3· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of presentation in this certain conference.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Acceptance for your paper:
After receiving an acceptance for your abstract and after the submission of your research (short paper version), the paper will enter a process for plagiarism check to ensure that the content is original.
After the conference, authors interested in publishing their manuscripts will be required to submit an extended version of their research papers (10-12 pages long) and they will be subject to a rigorous revision process as follows:
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used the appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
To download the writing template for a Short paper,
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
Papers 4-5 pages long
Papers 8-12 pages long
If you are interested in getting this service, please email us your paper on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Benefits Of Attending
Since conferences are the places where new science results are typically first presented so, it helps you sharpen the saw, meet experts & influencers face to face, learning in a new space, build your Knowledge base, expand your resources and grow your professional network. Yet attending conferences organized by IEREK will not only helps you gain previous benefits but also can be very rewarding on the professional level due to below reasons:
1. Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Smart Cities Development. Furthermore, you get to converse with other researchers from different universities and countries. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
2. Internationally Accredited Certificate: The Participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
3. Publication: The conference proceedings will be published by one or more journals since Authors can choose to publish their research paper either in ARChive International Journal of Science hosted by IEREK Press or SSRN by ELSEVIER. Besides, High-quality manuscripts based on scientific committee evaluation will be published either in Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREK Press or a book series by Springer.
4. Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
5. Networking: Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects. As you can engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
6. Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will create an impression that you are an active member of the academic community.
7. Conference Proceedings Material: Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hardcover book or in digital format on a CD. The CD will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
8. Venue: Getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
Moreover, all conference papers are archived online in the E-Library of IEREK‘s website where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
- For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.