It is easy to identify a city's identity by looking at its architecture. Architecture is the platform where all cultural, historical and economic monuments meet. With each city's unique identity, the impact is left and history made. Similarly, traditions represent a critical piece of our culture and identity. They help form the structure and foundation of our families and our society. They identify the part of a history that defines our past, shapes who we are today and who we are likely to become. Once we ignore the meaning of our traditions, we're in danger of damaging the underpinning of our identity.
The identity of cities has become a serious issue for many countries at present, so that the role of organizations and governments has become to maintain and fix architectural buildings to save their heritage. For this reason, IEREK has organized the 6th international conference on "Cities' Identity Through Architecture and Arts".
This conference will talk about how historical cities are to change in the future and how architecture and arts are to be preserved. It will also discuss the city's self-identity, how this identity could be affected over the upcoming years as well as how the architecture of a city and contemporary arts could affect the identity of a city.
This conference will also increase awareness of the importance of conserving architectural monuments and arts. IEREK, through this conference, aims to gather research and exchange knowledge from different perspectives and views on the different ways through which architecture and contemporary arts are developed.
Also, IEREK seeks to emphasize the basis of urban development and identities as well as investigating the diverse approaches taken in both fields; architecture and contemporary art.
Following the success of the previous international conferences on "Cities' Identity Through Architecture and Arts", the 6th edition of the conference will be an opportunity to benefit from and exchange knowledge with experts in this field.
Selected papers of the conference will be published in a book series by Springer in a book series titled Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation. Others will be published in the Resourceedings journal by IEREK Press.
1-1: Cities with Religious and Cultural Theme
1-2: City Structure, Features and Elements
1-3: The City's Image and Self-Identity
1-4: Transition to Smart and Cities: Structure and Transformation
1-5: Advances Technologies of City Planning and Development
1-6: Urban Growth, Morphology, And Its Impact on Cities Identity
1-7: New Development in Urban Design and Shaping the City and Its Culture
1-8: The Influences of City Elements and Vocabularies in the City Form and Development
2-1: Cultural Heritage Protection Conservation and Reuse
2-2: Ideologies and Movements: Shaping the City and Its History
2-3: Visuals Arts Role in Documenting Architectural Heritage
2-4: Branding the City Heritage Identities and Sustainable Heritage
2-5: Public Regulations and Efforts in Heritage Conservation
2-6: Mapping Cities Vocabularies: Ecological Approach of Conservation Projects
2-7: The Correlation Between Architecture and Arts and Conservation of Cities Vocabularies
2-8: The Role of Heritage Sites in Driving the City Fabrics
3-1: Visuals in Architectural Heritage in Modern Era
3-2: Future of Our Past: Archeology is Yesterday's Visual Arts for today
3-3: Visual Arts Role in Documenting Architectural Heritage
3-4: Art, Music, Interaction Visualization Media and Its Impact on Human
3-5: The Dialogue Between Ancient and Contemporary Visuals
3-6: Cultural Spaces and Landscapes in Contemporary Arts
3-7: Artistic Heritages and Its Impact on Contemporary Arts
3-8: Contemporary Art in Reviving Modern and Historical Cities
4-1: Planning for Sustainable Context of Re-discovering Heritage Vocabularies
4-2: The Future of Cities Art, Architecture and Historical Cities
4-3: Architecture and Arts in Cultural Transformation Age
4-4: Shaping and Transformation of Successful Case Studies
4-5: Policies and Guidelines for Planning and Transformation of Cities
4-6: Best Practices for Dealing with Historical Areas & Buildings
4-7: Historic Conservation and Economic Plans for Sustainable Tourism
4-8: Cultural Spaces Development and Landscapes in Contemporary Arts
|Abstract Submissions Deadline||06 Jan 2022|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||05 Feb 2022|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||06 Apr 2022|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||06 May 2022|
|Early Payment Deadline||06 Apr 2022|
|Regular Payment Deadline||06 May 2022|
|Late Payment Deadline||05 Jun 2022|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||06 May 2022|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||06 May 2022|
|Conference Program||05 Jun 2022|
|Conference Launch||05 Jul 2022|
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded!
IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
|Fees for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests)||EUR 250|
|Fees for NON-Attending Co-Authors||EUR 50|
|Author fees for Early Payment (Long Paper)||EUR 400|
|Author fees for Regular Payment (Long Paper)||EUR 500|
|Author fees for Late Payment (Long Paper)||EUR 600|
|Author fees for Early Payment (Short Paper)||EUR 250|
|Author fees for Regular Payment (Short Paper)||EUR 300|
|Author fees for Late Payment (Short Paper)||EUR 400|
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
|Cancellation Policy||Up to 60 days before the event||Up to 50 days before the event||Up to 40 days before the event||39 days before the event|
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
- For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate embassy.
Short PapersTo download the writing template for a Short paper,Click here
- After you have received the acceptance of your abstract, please continue to write your full paper with the requested template (please download from the link provided below).
Note:Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language.
To download the writing template for a full-length paper,Click here
Abstract and full paper submission instructions,Click here
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1· Accepted (with minor editing changes).
2· Conditionally accepted (with revisions provided to authors).
3· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of presentation in this certain conference.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Acceptance for your paper:
After receiving an acceptance for your abstract and after the submission of your research (short paper version), the paper will enter a process for plagiarism check to ensure that the content is original.
After the conference, authors interested in publishing their manuscripts will be required to submit an extended version of their research papers (10-12 pages long) and they will be subject to a rigorous revision process as follows:
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used the appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
|Paper Pages||Papers 4-5 pages long||Papers 8-12 pages long|
If you are interested in getting this service, please email us your paper on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join IEREK community