As climate change, unbalanced economic development, and depletion of non-renewable resources affect today's national economy and life, world governments and organizations focus on solving the challenges and the environmental, social, and economic threats they cause.
Circular Economy, following the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, aims to achieve a better and more sustainable future. It represents a substantial alternative to the traditional linear economy and a means to reduce environmental pressure, promote economic growth, and use and reuse resources and materials for as long as possible. This concept covers other aspects and areas such as energy efficiency, land-use planning, and tourism.
However, the transition is quite challenging. It provides new ideas for designing infrastructure using more environmentally-friendly models and other ways, through which cleaner renewable energy and production can be integrated into circular economy models.
Therefore, the second edition of the international conference on Circular Economy for Sustainable Development (CESD) will discuss the intersection between circular economy and the emerging trends such as artificial intelligence, which acts as a means to improve infrastructure operations, design, and optimization. Emerging technologies are used to blur the boundaries between all fields. The main goal is to reduce our negative impact on the environment by changing production processes.
IEREK understands the need to familiarize and prepare people and organizations to stay at the forefront. That is why it organized the second edition of (CESD) in cooperation with the University of Lecce Salento, Italy. The conference will provide a platform for all researchers, scientists, designers, planners, stakeholders, and government officials to understand the concept of Circular Economy and its adaptability in production and infrastructure to achieve a more sustainable future.
Selected papers of the conference will be published in the book series entitled Advances in Science, Technology, & Innovation (ASTI) by Springer. Other papers will be published by IEREK Press.
1. Circular Economy: A Sustainable Solution for a Sustainable Future
1-1 Linear and Circular Economy Models
1-2 Sustainable Industrial and Territorial Ecology Concepts
1-3 Innovative and New Models for a Sustainable City Design
1-4 A Sustainable Loop: From Linear to Circular
1-5 Principles as the basis for action
2. Circular Tourism as A Key Factor
2-1 Marine Litter and Tourism Waste
2-2 Tourism and Hospitality Sectors in The Circular Economy
2-3 Opportunities and Challenges Facing Circular Tourism
2-4 Examples of Circular Business Models
2-5 Tourism Development Strategies and Plans
3. Green Infrastructure and Renewable Energy
3-1 Circular Concepts for a Greener Infrastructure
3-2 Production and Transportation with Renewable Energy
3-3 Repair, Maintenance, and Upgrade
3-4 Reuse, Remanufacture, and Recycle
3-5 Sustainable Designs for Greener Infrastructure
4. Manufacturing and the Role of Digitalization
4-1 Product Design for Reusability
4-2 Circular Flow of Materials to Maximize the No Waste Concept
4-3 Rethinking Design and Manufacturing
4-4 The Rule of the 3Rs: Reduce, Repair, and Recycle
4-5 The Use of Digital Technologies in Improving Design & Operations
5. International Trade and the Transition to a Circular Economy
5-1 Channeling Waste, Sorting, and Processing Materials
5-2 Challenges of Eco-Design and Recyclability Standards
5-3 International Cooperation on Circular Economy Value Chains
5-4 Potential Impacts on Trade Flows
5-5 An Intersection of Trade and Circular Economy Policies
All accepted papers of the Circular Economy for Sustainable Development (CESD) (2nd CESD) after the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive) online by IEREK Press.
The ASTI Book Series by Springer is by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
The ASTI Book Series is indexed Scopus and will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI) and EI-Compendex databases.
To publish your research in the online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 8 -12 pages long.
If you are not sure whether you or one of your co-authors will be able to attend the conference, you should bear in mind that there is a fee to be paid for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests). The accepted paper will not be included in the conference proceedings without paying the fee (see Conference Fees for more details). A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference abstract book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Abstract Submissions Deadline
06 Jan 2022
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
05 Feb 2022
Full Paper Submission Deadline
06 Apr 2022
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
06 May 2022
Early Payment Deadline
06 Apr 2022
Regular Payment Deadline
06 May 2022
Late Payment Deadline
05 Jun 2022
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
06 May 2022
Letter of Final Acceptance
06 May 2022
05 Jun 2022
05 Jul 2022
A. Physical Attendance
*ID must be shown
*Affiliation must be provided
*Affiliation must be provided
16 Mar 2022
15 Apr 2022
15 Apr 2022
The registration fee does not cover accommodation expenses. A list of accommodation options can only be suggested by our team if available. Contact [email protected] to inquire.
The fee covers:
The conference Kit inclusive of: a printed abstracts book, a softcopy of the abstracts book on a USB/CD, Conference notebook, IEREK pen, Conference Flyers/ Printouts.
If multiple abstracts by the same first author submitted to the conference, a 25% discount is applied to each additional submission.
Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance. Co-authors, each, have their own fees to pay.
A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference Abstract book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for an additional fee.
Professionals are categorized as participants who are not affiliated with universities such as practitioners, policymakers, entrepreneurs etc.
B. Online Attendance
*ID must be shown
*Affiliation must be provided
*Affiliation must be provided
15 Apr 2022
15 Apr 2022
Authors who cannot attend the conference in person can:
Virtually present their work (Table B) above.
Record their presentations by providing a voice-over PowerPoint and send it to [email protected].
Nominate one of their co-authors, or a single external individual, to present on their behalf.
C. Extra Fees
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery) *Contact us for a quotation on shipping fees.
Payment Terms and Guidelines:
Authors who have registered and completed payment for virtual attendance CAN request a change to physical attendance. However, a change from physical to virtual is NOT possible.
After online registration and payment, the registration fee cannot be reimbursed.
Final Acceptance/ rejection of your full/ extended paper can only be given after the peer review process.
Inclusion in the conference program, acceptance letters issuance and consideration for publication must be preceded by registration and payment completion.
Payment of the registration fee can be made via the following methods (only after online registration):
After the conference, the submitted manuscripts of authors interested in publishing in the ASTI book series will undergo a rigorous peer-review process resulting in a final decision made by the editors. Only accepted research will be published as a chapter in the Book Series entitled “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer. The ASTI Book Series is by managed highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure high-quality material for online publication.
The ASTI Book Series is fully indexed in Scopus. Some titles have been successfully indexed or submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI).
About the ASTI series
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on important emerging research that redefines the current disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. It not only discusses the progress made towards securing more resources, allocating smarter solutions, and rebalancing the relationship between nature and people, but also provides in-depth insights from comprehensive research that addresses the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) as set out by the UN for 2030.
The series draws on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Including interdisciplinary contributions, it presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both economic and sustainable development, through better use of data, more effective institutions, and global, local, and individual action, for the welfare of all societies.
The series particularly features conceptual and empirical contributions from various interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation, with an emphasis on digital transformation, that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security to achieve the SDGs. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues in different regions of the world.
The series is intended for professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with IEREK, the Springer ASTI series will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services. Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals. Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world. As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Authors must refer to, and abide by, the following instructions in submitting their abstracts/ papers:
Step 1: Abstract Submission Process
- The author should prepare and submit an Abstract (250 300 words) through the website and before the abstract submission deadline.
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
To downloadthe Abstract Writing Template, Click Here
Step 2: Abstract Review
- Upon submission, an abstract will undergo a preliminary evaluation process by members of our scientific committee.
-A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented and sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive a notification by email, within 2 weeks, of:
Approval, after which they will be requested to prepare and submit their full/short paper submissions.
Rejection, if the topic proposed does not fit the theme of the conference.
Step 3: Paper Submission & Preliminary Review
There are 2 types of paper submission at this conference:
- A short paper submission consists of 4–5 pages and suits researches that make significant contributions, but still in progress or can be reported briefly.
- The structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements, and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online.
- A short paper is only included in the conference Abstracts book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the corresponding fee.
- The Full/ Long paper submission is 8 – 12+ pages in length.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will be included in the conference abstracts book as well as get published online by Springer or by IEREK PRESS Journals.
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference.
Step 4: Similarity Check/ Plagiarism Detection
All Chapters will be screened for similarity using iThenticate; a Turnitin Plagiarism detection software, used for academic publishers. Springer Similarity guidelines are as follows:
Max. % from all sources: 10-15%
Max. % from one source: 3-5%
Higher than 30% (all sources): Reject completely
Lower than 30% (all sources): Ask for revision to decrease the similarities
Once Preliminary approval for presentation at the conference and/or consideration for publication is granted, authors will be expected to complete payment in reference to the Conference Fees.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our end such as:
A signed/stamped preliminary acceptance letter
Receipt of Payment
Visa Invitation Letter
Step 6: Rigorous Peer Review Process (Full-length papers only)
Only after payment is confirmed,
- and the full paper submission deadline is reached, a submitted full-length paper is assigned to an Editor from the Editorial Board, in alignment with IEREK’s revision SOP (double-blind process).
- Each paper/ chapter is evaluated by a minimum of two reviewers, after which a final decision by the responsible Editor is made. There is no maximum to the number of times a paper can be reviewed, depending on the quality of the submission.
- Once a decision is made by the Editors, IEREK Editors will communicate one of the following three final decisions:
Accepted without comments
Revise and Resubmit – Minor or Major revision
- If modifications are in order, authors will be sent the relevant instructions and a deadline will be set. Missed deadlines may result in complete exclusion from the final publication/ final rejection.
- A back and forth process, modifications will be sent back to the responsible Editor/ Series Editor and another round of evaluation conducted.
Benefits Of Attending
Attending a conference dramatically enhances both your professional and personal development. They help you sharpen the saw, meet and converse with industry experts, expand your resources and grow your professional network. IEREK Conference will help you:
1. Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists, from different universities and countries, to exchange and share their experiences and research results.
2. Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates acknowledged by IEREK, the University, and Partnering Organizations.
3. Publication: Selected high-quality manuscripts will be published, after peer review, in the Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) book series by Springer or by IEREK Press Journals, both of which are indexed in world-renowned databases.
4. Research Technologies: Conferences can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research.
5. Networking: You can engage with industry experts to discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on and increase your chances of collaboration in future projects.
6. Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles and an active member of the academic community.
7. Conference Abstracts Material: Delegates will receive the conference Abstracts book in both hardcover and digital format on a CD.Shipping fees may apply.
Archive By Ierek Press
Publishing in ARChive by IEREK Press
ARChive is an open access journal that publishes conference proceedings in a wide range of topics and across all scientific disciplines, from Sciences, Engineering and Technology to Environment, Energy and Earth Sciences. Consequently, it accepts original research papers in a wide spectrum of subjects. ARChive is a journal published on behalf of researchers that perpetually make an effort to contribute to their fields and provides them with a high visibility of research submitted. The series publishes, both, theoretical and experimental high quality papers of current and perpetual interest. It serves to cultivate, propagate, and essentially archive academic research that has been authored and submitted for academic conferences.
ARChive welcomes diverse approaches to innovative ideas that could potentially be a breakthrough in a particular field of study. To provide permanent archiving, ARChive is archived in the collaborative digital preservation archiving systems in LOCKSS, as they provide access to permanent and authorized digital content for electronic scholarly journals.
In accordance with the definition of open access journal provided by BOAI, ARChive is a model of the fully open journal that allows global open access to its content which is freely available without charge to users and institutions. They are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose for non-commercial use, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances will receive refunds according to the following:
Up to 60 days before the event
59 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- A submitted manuscript is rejected by the editorial board after going through peer review.
- For participants who need Entry Visas to the country where the conference will be held, IEREKwill issue the corresponding invitation letter for accepted applicants to facilitate visa issuance.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Invitation Letter Issuance Process
1- In case the participant is an author who has submitted a research paper to the conference, it must get accepted by the Scientific Committee
2- Required participation fees must be paid
3- The participant should send the following information to the conference's official email:
* A clear copy of passport
* Passport number
* Full name as written in your passport.
* Date of Issuing and Expiration
* Date of Birth
* Email address of the nearest Embassy/Consulate to you
* Mobile Number including country code
4- Conference coordinator will issue the needful invitation letter and send a copy to the participant's email, in addition to another one to the corresponding email address of embassy/consulate
5- The participant should print out the invitation letter along with all other required documents by the embassy/consulate and apply for VISA
The nearest airports to Rome is 1. Rome Ciampino Airport Rome—Ciampino International Airport "G. B. Pastine", is the secondary international airport of Rome, the capital of Italy, after Rome-Fiumicino Airport "Leonardo da Vinci". Wikipedia Address: Via Appia Nuova, 1651, 00040 Ciampino RM, Italy Phone: +39 06 65951 Code: CIA Location: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Rome+Ciampino+Airport+location/data=!4m6!4m5!1m1!4e2!1m2!1m1!1s0x132588b6389de903:0xedb6061d8fc5510d?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjh7euS0dvzAhXMxYUKHZuSBVAQ9Rd6BAhCEAU
2. Leonardo da Vinci International Airport Address: Via dell'Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy Phone: +39 06 65951 Code: FCO Location: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Rome+Fiumicino+Airport/data=!4m6!4m5!1m1!4e2!1m2!1m1!1s0x1325f0793898141f:0xafe513b4e358316f?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjq6Lum0dvzAhVOzYUKHa1LBOAQ9Rd6BQiLARAF
Your Trip To Rome
The city of Rome is the Italian capital, or as it is known as the city of legends, one of the most prominent cities in Italy. It is the source of civilizations that combines history and culture with a great influence on the history of the entire world. Tourism in Rome has a huge number of famous tourist attractions, especially the ancient Roman ruins, and gives visitors coming for the purpose of tourism in Rome is an unforgettable fun, as it captures the attention and hearts, so it is known that one visit is not enough to enjoy the civilization of Rome and its timeless monuments.
The following are some suggestions of places to visit while you are in Rome, Italy:
An ancient building dating back to 26 AD when it was first built, it is considered one of the most important tourist places in Rome, Italy and attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world. The building was a temple to all the gods of ancient Rome and includes carvings, statues and engravings on its walls.
THE TREVI FOUNTAIN
Throwing a few coins into the pool of the Trevi Fountain is said to ensure a return to Rome. Whether you do want to return or not, the slightly over-the-top fountain is a popular spot to have your photograph taken. And a picturesque one it is, day or night.
As it is free to enter, and as there are many great cafés around the square, this is a popular and wonderful spot to sit and soak up the atmosphere on a sunny day. At the centre of the square in front of the Pantheon is a Baroque fountain. The centrepiece of that fountain is an obelisk – and Egyptian obelisk dedicated to Ramses II from a temple that once stood in Heliopolis. Just behind the Pantheon in the Piazza della Minerva is another Egyptian obelisk, with a beautiful Baroque pedestal created by the famous sculpture Bernini.
As archaeological sites in Rome go, you do not get more historic and significant than the Roman Forum. Even for the Romans, when it was rebuilt after a fire towards the end of the 3rd century CE, the Forum was revered for its historical significance.
Given that the Vatican City is the centre of the Catholic world many visitors to Rome come to experience the famous setting that is St Peter’s Square (which also has an Egyptian obelisk – the longest standing Egyptian obelisk in Rome) and St Peter’s Basilica. Of course, there is also the Sistine Chapel with Michelangelo’s amazing painted ceiling. The Vatican also has very important collections of art and artefacts of many kinds; Roman, Etruscan, Egyptian, Hebrew Lapidary, 15th century tapestries to name a few.