Al Azhar University is a university in Cairo which is associated with Al Azhar mosque, it is Egypt’s oldest degree-granting university, and one of the most prestigious universities in Egypt. Studying sections were assigned inside Al Azhar mosque since it was established. Recently, new sector has been introduced into Al Azhar University implying Engineering since 1964. Al Azhar Engineering International Conference
(AEJC) started since 1989 to be held regularly. Uniquely, the conference covers a wide range of engineering fields.
Engineering science is a broad discipline that encompasses many different scientific principles and associated mathematics that underlie engineering. It integrates engineering, biological, chemical, mathematical, and physical sciences with the arts, humanities, social sciences, and the professions to tackle the most demanding challenges and advance the well-being of global society.
Architectural engineering is the application of engineering principles and technology to building design and construction.
Architecture is a general term to describe buildings and other physical structures
Also it is the art and science of designing buildings and some non building structures.
Technology is the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
• Bridge engineering
• Concrete and construction technology
• Construction management
• Earthquake engineering
• Environmental engineering
• Geotechnical engineering
• High way engineering
• Hydraulic and water engineering
• Materials and quality control
• Reinforced concrete
• Steel structure
• surveying and measurements
• Theory of structure
• Transportation and traffic engineering
• Circuits and systems
• Digital signal processing
• Electrical communication
• Optic electronics
• Micro electronics
• Fields and waves
• Electrical machines
• High voltage engineering
• Power electronics and electric drivers
• Power generation and transmission
• Power systems (analysis and control)
• Renewable energy
• Switch gear and protection Engineering
Systems and Computers Engineering
• Artificial intelligence
• Software Engineering
• Computer networks
• Computer architecture
• Languages engineering
• Control engineering and robotics
• Computer vision
• Knowledge & networks security
• Embedded systems
• Systems engineering
• CAD & manufacturing
• Extractive metallurgy
• Materials science
• Mine surveying
• Mineral processing
• Mining and environment
• Mining geology
• Mining technology
• Particulate material handling
• Physical metallurgy
• Nano-crystalline materials
• Amorphous and glassy materials
• Composite materials
• Thin films
• Metal hydrides, carbides and nitrides
• Mechanical alloying
• Reserve estimation
• Rock mechanics
• Electrometallurgy and electroplating
• Advanced and new materials
• Metallurgy of forming
• Powder metallurgy
Mathematics and Physics
• Adaptive solutions techniques
• Al based methods
• Applied mathematics
• Optimization methods
• Physical systems: modeling and simulation
• Soft computing techniques
• Dynamical systems and application
• Mathematical physics
• Control theory and optimization
• Nuclear spectroscopy
• Solid state physics and application
• Combustion and flame
• New and renewable energy
• Heat and mass transfer
• Air conditioning and refrigeration
• Aeronautics and aerodynamics
• Environmental pollution and control
• Automatic control
• Nuclear energy
• Manufacturing processes and systems
• Industrial engineering
• Engineering materials and powder metallurgy
• Machine design and mechanisms
• Stress analysis
• Biomedical engineering
• Computer aided design and computer aided manufacturing
• Architecture education
• Architecture and human behavior
• Construction and building technology
• Design and sustainability
• Theories of design and architecture
• Precedents in architecture
• Architecture in Islamic world
• Urban design and development
• Visual assessment and criticism-AlO professional practice
City and Regional Planning
• Development of rural and desert regions
• Development of tourism areas
• Ecology and pollution
• Urban planning education
• Infrastructure and urban development
• Impact of planning development of urban planning
• Impact of privatization on urban planning
• Islamic cities
• Problems of large cities
• Problems of new towns
• Urban planning
• Water resources and urban development
Since conferences are the places where new science results are typically first presented, attending conferences organized by IEREK can be very rewarding due to below reasons:
- Open Discussions: You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about.
- Venue: Getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
- Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
- Networking: Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects.
- Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will create an impression that you are an active member of the academic community.
- Conference Proceedings Material: Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
- Publications: Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
- IEREK Press: All conference papers are archived online in the IEREK Journal while journal participants can attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our online journal.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||July 18, 2018|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||October 10, 2018|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||October 31, 2018|
|Early Payment Deadline||August 15, 2018|
|Late Payment Deadline||September 20, 2018|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||October 15, 2018|
|Conference Program||November 6, 2018|
|Conference Days||December 3, 2018||December 4, 2018|
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
|Cancellation Policy||Up to 60 days before the event||Up to 50 days before the event||Up to 40 days before the event||39 days before the event|
A refund is not possible if
-An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
-The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
-All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
*Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
*Visa Invitation Letter
*Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
*Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
*Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
- Elementary Review:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- First Acceptance:
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
- Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
- Second Acceptance:
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
- Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
Grand Royal Motel, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
The conference proceedings will be published in full in the “ARChive” International Journal of Science.
Papers written in English will be published in Academic Research Community Archive (ARChive). Papers written in Arabic will be published in BAHETH.
If you need your research to be translated, we now offer professional translation for your research From Arabic and Italian to English.
The fees for the translation are as follows:Italian English
|Paper upto 8 Pages||EGP 800|
|Each extra page||EGP 150|
|Paper upto 8 Pages||€160|
|Each extra page||€25|