|Urban regeneration is the rehabilitation of land areas that are subject to high-density urban land use. It is a strategy that aims to transform and renovate areas to be upgraded in housing, public and private buildings, infrastructure, and services. This entire process is an effective way to improve urban performance by targeting areas with a high incidence of poverty, pollution, and congestion leading to complete economic and regional development of a specific area.
Urban Regeneration Program is only proven to be successful when sustained. This program largely impacted many urban landscapes and affected the history and demographics of cities around the world. As a result of its successes, urban regeneration is now known as the attempt to reverse declining cities by improving physical structures through new urbanization models and more importantly, enhancing the economy of those cities.
These new urbanization models must be highly enduring systems that prove sustainability, which is reached by covering all aspects of the four interconnected domains: Ecology, Economics, Politics, and Culture.
Today, the process of urbanization still continues to generate many problems deriving from the drift of the population towards highly populated cities. These problems can be resolved by cities becoming efficient habitats, saving resources in a way that improves the quality and standard of living. The process however, faces a number of major challenges, related to reducing pollution, improving main transportation and infrastructure systems.
New Urban Solutions are required to optimize the use of space and energy resources leading to improvements in the environment, i.e. reduction in air, water and soil pollution as well as efficient ways to deal with waste generation. These challenges contribute to the development of social and economic imbalances and require the development of new solutions.
Large cities are probably the most complex mechanisms to manage. However, despite such complexity they represent a fertile ground for architects, engineers, city planners, social and political scientists, and other professionals able to conceive new ideas and time them according to technological advances and human requirements.
The Publication will be at ‘Resourceedings’ Journal by Springer, which is supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material. Thus, such outstanding material will lead to indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as Scopus and Thomson Reuters.
- Green buildings role in preserving the environment.
- Green infrastructure and designing with nature.
- Alternative Energy: source of solar energy power and renewable energy.
- Energy efficiency in the built environment.
- Production and regeneration in regional development.
- New Urbanism models.
- Sustainable spaces and places of living, working and recreation.
- Urban heat islands' effect and pollution.
- Large cities planning and innovation future.
- Monitoring and assessment tools: building regulation and performance evaluation.
- Waterfront developments and coastal communities.
- Industrial area agglomeration and cooperation strategies.
- Population and future urban expansion
- Sustainable landscape and procurement
- Housing and economic development
- Strategies for new cities proposals in developing countries.
- Landscape, gardens, streetscapes and urban biodiversity
- Formulating the principles of green Urbanism
- Sprawled areas and sustainable development.
- Public involvement in communities' development.
|Since conferences are the places where new science results are typically first presented, attending conferences organized by IEREK can be very rewarding due to below reasons:
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent.
The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
– Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference.
These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1),
– A research paper fees allow only one author, whether he is the corresponding author or any co- author to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference book in both hard and soft copy (a Printed book + a flash memory)
In case of there are co- authors (1-5 maximum) Each Co-Author has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 2) without attending. In case of one or more of these author need to attend the conference, they should complete the fees to attend as audience (Shown in the table, row 4)
– The fees of Conference book (hard copy + flash memory) for audiences and co- authors, is shown in the table row 3
– In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 4).
– A discount for the author fees is granted to those who pay the paper fees before the June 25, 2017, allowing them to pay only (£350) instead of (£400).
– Additionally, the online open access at sciencedirect.com had fixed fees that did not get the discount offer, even if the fees had been paid early.
Cancellations / Refunds
– Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a £100 administration charge. If the proceedings book is already published, the fees cannot be refunded.
– Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
|1- Fees For Authors For Early Payment||£ 350|
|2- Fees for Authors||£ 400|
|3- Fees for (1st-5th) Co-Authors Not Attending (per person)||£ 50|
|4- Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners/ Attending Auther||£ 300|
|5- Late Payment||£ 500|
-If for any personal reason, you will not be attending the conference, you’ll be asked to provide a presentation and contact one of our scientific committee members for an extra fee, in order to present your work instead of you.
-If your visa got rejected, or if you weren’t able to get a security clearance for travel, kindly provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances, and we will assign a member of the scientific committee for free to present your paper, after you’ve completed a PowerPoint presentation, only if a co-author will not be able to provide a presentation in your place, where in order for the co-author to present he will be required to pay the co-author fees as well.
-Once a visa letter and an acceptance letter has been issued, a refund will not be possible.
For Co-Authors, Audience, and Workshop attendees;
-Refund before the event with a duration of 45 days will be allowed in full, only deducted the fees for the transaction.
-Refund after the given duration of 45 days will only occur in case of Visa rejection, proof of rejection must be submitted, and according to the rejection reason refund amount will be determined as the following;
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicants fault for not submitting the required papers for the visa, refund will occur with administrative fees deducted from the total amount ONLY if before the event’s date, no refunds after the event’s date will occur.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the Applicant can’t be accounted for, refund will occur with transaction fees deducted.
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter by Salento University for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
However, you are required to prepare your papers according to the regulations of your country’s embassy/consulate. To do this, you will need to visit the embassy/consulate website or by contacting them.
In case of any missing document during the appointment or any other unfortunate incident that leads to your rejection, IEREK clears its responsibility as we will have done our part in providing the documents we can provide to ease the process.