The extraction of raw materials, the high pace of automation, and the processes of mass production have affected the environment severely. The exploitation of the resources has caused an unbalance in the ecosystem’s health. It is vital to consider that the rich marine environment has been under direct threats that extend to reach humans as well.
Accordingly, several topics are to be tackled and bisected academically in order to foresee the potential problems to arise as well as the aftermath of those currently faced. The massive influx of visitors, businessmen, and tourists to the coastal line has also redefined the nature of the spot; not necessarily in a positive light. The wave of industrialization, for instance, and especially in developing countries, has accounted for various critical issues affecting marine life, and water in general, due to waste treatment and management.
As a natural result, several attempts to preserve and protect landscape identity and culture through legal rights and developmental initiatives have taken place. Such attempts encompassed conventions such as the Florence Convention of the Council of Europe and proposals made on governmental grounds in order to halt the damage and challenges against coastal lines.
1. Bio-cultural Diversity In Coastal Cities
2. Durable Coastal Landscape And Sustainable Tourism
3. The Sense Of Place And Identity In Coastal Regions
4. Management Of Heritage In Coastal Landscapes
5. The Future Of Coastal Landscapes
6. Participation Of The Public In Research, Policy And Management Of Landscapes
7. Living In Coastal Landscapes: Knowledge, Practice, Imagination
8. Geometry Analysis For Coastal Landscape Fragmentation
9. Renewable Energy In Coastal Landscapes
10. Mediterranean Landscape Challenges And Development
11. The Baltic Sea Coastal Landscape Identity
12. The Coastal And Estuarine Systems
13. Natural Landscapes: From Mountain To Sea
14. Landscape Identity Through Participatory Mapping
15. Unraveling The Logics Of Landscape
16. Coastal Landscape Identity And Urban History
17. Management Of Heritage In Coastal Landscapes: Heritage, Tourism, Hospitality
Abstract Submissions Deadline
18th July 2019
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
17th August 2019
Full Paper Submission Deadline
16th October 2019
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
15th November 2019
Early Payment Deadline
16th October 2019
Regular Payment Deadline
15th November 2019
Late Payment Deadline
15th December 2019
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
15th November 2019
Letter of Final Acceptance
15th November 2019
15th December 2019
14th January 2020
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Author Fees (Short Paper)
Author fees for Early Payment | 16th October 2019
Author fees for Regular Payment | 15th November 2019
Author fees for Late Payment | 15th December 2019
Regular Attendance Fees
Fees for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests)
Fees for NON-Attending Co-Authors
Conference Book (Hard copy + CD)
Springer/Journal Publication (Extended Paper)
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
Up to 60 days before the event
Up to 50 days before the event
Up to 40 days before the event
39 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
- Publication in IEREK Press:- Authors will be given the chances to publish in 'ARChive'.
- Selected Manuscripts:- A book Series by 'Springer'. Publication in the 'Springer' Book Series will only be applicable to the selected papers that will be supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material
- To publish your research in an online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
* Full length papers selected for publication in ASTI book series are subject to submission into a rigorous revision process by a scientific committee of experts before notice of acceptance/rejection for publication.
* Thus, such outstanding material will lead to the indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as 'Scopus' and 'Thomson Reuters'.
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1· Accepted (with minor editing changes).
2· Conditionally accepted (with revisions provided to authors).
3· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of presentation in this certain conference.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Acceptance for your paper:
After receiving an acceptance for your abstract and after the submission of your research (short paper version), the paper will enter a process for plagiarism check to ensure that the content is original.
( Extended Papers )
After the conference, authors interested in publishing their manuscripts will be required to submit an extended version of their research papers (10-12 pages long) and they will be subject to a rigorous revision process as follows:
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used the appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
To download the writing template for a Short paper,
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
Papers 4-5 pages long
Papers 8-12 pages long
If you are interested in getting this service, please email us your paper on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Benefits Of Attending
- Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
- You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about.You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
- Not to mention, you will get an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learn about its people and culture.
- Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
- It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
- Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
- Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications, and databases, including referencing and abstract.
- For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.