Sustainable Urban and Community development Institute
To participate from China,
please contact IEREK's
Tel: +86 (0) 1059105326
A smart city initiative is the target of people to live in, it includes all different types of leisure and connectivity; electronic data, sensors and full information and communication technology ICT that used IT managing assets, commercial, industrial, traffic, networks and all matters that related to sustainability and Eco-system. It helps people to have a positive interaction with the place, where they find a high performance of infrastructure. Thus, the smart city is a crucial argument to improve the quality of life and strengthen the relationship between cities and citizens.
IEREK organizes the second international conference on "Future Smart Cities" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where the city has a promising potential of transformation to be smarter.
Furthermore, a huge number of researchers and stakeholders are interested to discuss how rebuilding future smart cities will be, and how is the investment in the services and infrastructure supporting the city to be more liveable.
The term ‘smart city’ has many definitions and synonyms that may be mentioned as a digital city, a cyber ville city, intelligent city, telicity, information city and/ or felicity. All of these names explain and describe the city structure and its context. Proposals and researches, therefore, are requested to discuss the new proposals of future cities, as well as the transformation of our cities to be in the scope. Major technological, economical and environmental topics are also in the scope to be discussed. In addition, the innovation in ICT services has the main role to improve the public services and the quality of life and smart urban fabric.
Decision makers, citizens, researchers, universities, companies and planners are all invited to discuss this theme further and to maximize the benefits of the conference and get a successful proposal to the future smart city.
Selected papers from this conference will be published in the journal “Smart and Sustainable Environment”, published by Emerald Publishing. The journal is indexed in Scopus, which is a partner of Clarivate Analytics. . Others will be published in the ARChive journal by IEREK Press.
- Smart city development plan - Sustainable cities
- Sustainable urban development - Development services
- Smart Economy for a sustainable development.
- Urban Framework for a smart city.
- Smart Healthcare, & Emergency management.
- Smart developments of cultural tourism and heritage sites.
- Smart Energy Technology.
- Smart traffic analysis & management -Smart city mobility solutions.
- Traffic cameras.
- Pedestrians & Cyclists, safety.
- Smart Vehicles.
- Logistics, Manufacturing & implementation.
- Autonomous intelligent transportation systems.
- Smart Grid.
- Home automation system.
- Smart home devices.
- Green building design.
- Intelligent building management system -Smart home software.
- Sustainability of natural resources.
- Sustainable Economic.
- Sustainable Design.
- Infrastructure Integration.
- Sustainable Utilities.
- Technology in a sustainable transformation.
- Internet of Things & Big Data Analysis in Smart Cities.
- ICT of education.
- The role of computers in communication technology.
- Awareness for smart cities and its deliverance.
Plaza VADS, Level 9, (KL Branch)
N0 1, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail,
60000, Kuala Lumpur
|Abstract Submissions Deadline||17 Mar 2021|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||16 Apr 2021|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||15 Jun 2021|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||15 Jul 2021|
|Early Payment Deadline||15 Jun 2021|
|Regular Payment Deadline||15 Jul 2021|
|Late Payment Deadline||14 Aug 2021|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||15 Jul 2021|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||15 Jul 2021|
|Conference Program||14 Aug 2021|
|Conference Launch||13 Sep 2021|
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded!
IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
|Fees for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests)||USD 250|
|Fees for NON-Attending Co-Authors||USD 50|
|Author fees for Early Payment (Long Paper)||USD 450|
|Author fees for Regular Payment (Long Paper)||USD 500|
|Author fees for Late Payment (Long Paper)||USD 600|
|Author fees for Early Payment (Short Paper)||USD 250|
|Author fees for Regular Payment (Short Paper)||USD 300|
|Author fees for Late Payment (Short Paper)||USD 400|
|Additional Conference Book (Hardcopy + CD) * In addition to 1 free copy gifted to main authors, additional copies are available for the fee mentioned.||USD 100|
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
Please note that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa if needed, by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances for any reason will receive refunds according to the following plan and according to the number of days from the start of the event:
|Cancellation Policy||Up to 60 days before the event||Up to 50 days before the event||Up to 40 days before the event||39 days before the event|
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- All matters have been finalized (accommodation/travel expenses paid for)
Visa Rejection Cases
Reason and proof of rejection must be submitted. If the reason of rejection is due to an error on our part, the participant will be refunded their full fee with a deduction of a 20% administration fee.
Documents to be issued by IEREK to acquire a visa are as follows:
* Final Acceptance Letter (Authors only)
* Visa Invitation Letter
* Invoice/proof of payment
We encourage all authors and attendees to ensure their having acquired all documents (those applicable) mentioned.
If the reason of rejection is not related to any of the aforementioned and is an error on the participant’s part, the following will apply:
* Authors: may choose to let their co-author present his/her research on his/her behalf free of charge. If the author does not have a co-author, a member of the scientific committee shall present on the author’s behalf.
* Audience members/Registrants: will only be allowed to attend another similar event of their choosing that is organized by IEREK free of charge.
Short PapersTo download the writing template for a Short paper,Click here
- After you have received the acceptance of your abstract, please continue to write your full paper with the requested template (please download from the link provided below).
Note:Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper. For publication, the accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
Writing Templates: Authors are strongly encouraged to use the formatting style described below for submitting an abstract as this format is required for the full paper.
- English will be the official language.
To download the writing template for a full-length paper,Click here
Abstract and full paper submission instructions,Click here
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
1· Accepted (with minor editing changes).
2· Conditionally accepted (with revisions provided to authors).
3· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
4· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of presentation in this certain conference.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Acceptance for your paper:
After receiving an acceptance for your abstract and after the submission of your research (short paper version), the paper will enter a process for plagiarism check to ensure that the content is original.
After the conference, authors interested in publishing their manuscripts will be required to submit an extended version of their research papers (10-12 pages long) and they will be subject to a rigorous revision process as follows:
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Are the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used the appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
- IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
- The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
- Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
- Publication in IEREK Press:- Authors will be given the chances to publish in 'ARChive'.
- Selected Manuscripts:- A book Series by 'Springer'. Publication in the 'Springer' Book Series will only be applicable to the selected papers that will be supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material
- To publish your research in an online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 10 -12 pages long.
* Full length papers selected for publication in ASTI book series are subject to submission into a rigorous revision process by a scientific committee of experts before notice of acceptance/rejection for publication.
* Thus, such outstanding material will lead to the indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as 'Scopus' and 'Thomson Reuters'.
- IEREK provides you the English Review service; where we will be responsible for the language review process of your paper. This service will get your paper revised in terms of grammar, punctuation, and language structure; without changing the scientific content.
- This service will ensure you have the perfect language structure, to get your perfect paper published. This will help you increase the number of citations and make it easier for others access the information provided in your paper.
Fees for the editing process:
|Paper Pages||Papers 4-5 pages long||Papers 8-12 pages long|
If you are interested in getting this service, please email us your paper on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainable Urban and Community development Institute
To participate from China,
please contact IEREK's
Tel: +86 (0) 1059105326
Join IEREK community