The 3rd Conference on “Conservation of Architectural Heritage” (CAH), to be held in Luxor & Aswan, Egypt, follows the success of previous meetings which launched in this amazing historical context in November 2015, and the one to be held in January, 2018. The conference will include the accommodation on the board of Nile Cruise sailing from Aswan City to Luxor City including the Sight-Seeing visits.
Planners, environmentalists, archeologists, architects, engineers, tourists, policies makers, economists, NGOs and stakeholders are all invited to work together in order to ensure that Conservation of Architectural Heritage. This conference is highly recommended to meet the present needs without comprising the ability of future generations. There is a wealth of architectural heritage worldwide, from historic city centers and cultural landscapes to some of the largest archaeological sites in the world.
The Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Antiquities, Luxor and Aswan governors, and ICHAM for ICOMOS will be also invited this conference in order to join us in spreading the awareness for the preservation and conservation of our historical and architectural heritage.
IEREK carries this responsibility to address the complex challenge of conserving architectural heritage through this conference and plays its role to increase the awareness of how citizens should value and save our heritage.
This conference helps universities researchers, professionals, and policy makers to get together to discuss the most pressing issues concerning the conservation of archaeological, architectural, and urban landscapes, and to discuss multi-disciplinary researches on complex Cultural Heritage sites.
Expected results and recommendations include a better understanding of the problems facing architectural heritage, the development of policies favoring its conservation, the definition of practical guidelines and the organization of training and awareness activities.
The conference proceedings will be published by ELSEVIER at the Procedia journal “Social and Behavioral Sciences”.
ELSEVIER shall include the journal as a part of (Sciencedirect.com) services in open access.
The Participants are granted internationally recognized certificates from Universita Kore Enna and IEREK which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
- Management Techniques in Planning and Development of Historic Areas
- Conservation Proposals for Cultural and Religious sites
- Citizen Awareness of their history and heritage
- Innovation in Reuse and Rehabilitation of Historic Areas
- Economics of Conservation and Sustainable Heritage Environment
- Transshipping of Cultural Heritage and identities to the following generations
- The sense of history, identity and place
- World Heritage sites, Management and conservation
- Conserving culture, languages, identities, architecture ethnic groups
- Nomads’ Architecture and desert communities
- Tourism planning and management for Archeological sites
- Painting Restoration and Interior Design Solutions for Historic Buildings
- Utopian and Scared Architecture, Pharaonic, Jewish, Coptic and Islamic styles
- Open Museums and Seasonal Occasions
- Heritage Planning Policy, Design Guidelines, and Community Development
- Implementing the Institutional Role in Conserving historical places
- Legislative Tools and Policies for Protecting Cultural Heritage
- Best Practices in an Assessment, Designating and Managing World Heritage
Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about.You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, you will get an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learn about its people and culture.
Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard copy book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
- Elementary Review:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted as is for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
- First Acceptance:
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
- Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
- Second Acceptance:
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
- Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
IEREK is now negotiating to sign several agreements with many top ranked Journals to publish the proceedings of its conferences. Announcements soon will be made regarding publishing.
The conference venue starts from Luxor which is often called the world’s greatest open air museum, as indeed it is and much more. The number of the preserved monuments in the Luxor area is unparalleled anywhere else in the world. Actually, what most people know of Luxor that there is three different areas, the city of Luxor on the east side of the Nile, the town of Karnak just north of Luxor, and Thebes, which the ancient Egyptians called Waset, which is on the west side of the Nile across from Luxor.
Luxor, Luxor City, Luxor Governorate, Egypt
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
-If for any personal reason, you will not be attending the conference, you’ll be asked to provide a presentation and contact one of our scientific committee members for an extra fee, in order to present your work instead of you.
-If your visa got rejected, or if you weren’t able to get a security clearance for travel, kindly provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances, and we will assign a member of the scientific committee for free to present your paper, after you’ve completed a PowerPoint presentation, only if a co-author will not be able to provide a presentation in your place, where in order for the co-author to present he will be required to pay the co-author fees as well.
-Once a visa letter and an acceptance letter has been issued, a refund will not be possible.
For Co-Authors, Audience, and Workshop attendees;
-Refund before the event with a duration of 45 days will be allowed in full, only deducted the fees for the transaction.
-Refund after the given duration of 45 days will only occur in case of Visa rejection, proof of rejection must be submitted, and according to the rejection reason refund amount will be determined as the following;
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicant’s fault for not submitting the required papers for the visa, refund will occur with administrative fees deducted from the total amount ONLY if before the event’s date, no refunds after the event’s date will occur.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the Applicant can’t be accounted for, refund will occur with transaction fees deducted.