CALL FOR PAPERS
- 08 May / 10 May 2019
- Cairo, Egypt
Nowadays, all countries seem to be seeking one pressing issue and that is heritage maintenance, especially in Architecture and Urban design. Organizations and Universities play a vital role in saving or rather conserving old cities through Conferences. Therefore, a conference on “Identity Through Architecture & Arts” will be held in 2019.
In this conference, examples and tendencies dealing with urban identities as well as the transformation of cities that shape the current art scene in different places of the world will be discussed. This type of architectural art continuously renews itself -from new materials to different means of communication, from new approaches to perceptional paradigms and nature in the millennium, from new subjects to manifestations. Contemporary art continues to be produced in various directions, consumed and put forward into ideas.
This conference will present how citizens see their cities and how they physically or mentally compare it with the ideal city in their own perceptions. However, a city’s identity presents distinguishing factors that make it unique and unlike any other.
IEREK aims to dedicate the investigation of the different and new approaches developed in Architecture and Contemporary arts. IEREK aims to focus on the basis of urban life and identities as well as investigate the different approaches developed in Architecture and Contemporary arts.
- Cultural Spaces & Landscapes in Contemporary Arts.
- Cities with religious and culture theme.
- Urban Growth, Morphology and its impact on cities identity.
- Slums and Urban Fringe Belts.
- New Developments in Urban Design and Shaping the City and its Culture.
- Contemporary Art in Modern and Historical cities.
- The Future of Historical Cities.
- The City’s Image and Self-Identity.
- Ideologies & Movements: Shaping the City and its History.
- Artistic Heritage and its Impact on Contemporary Arts.
- The Correlation Between Architecture and Arts and Conservation.
- Architecture and Arts in Cultural Transformation Age.
- Policies & Guidelines for planning and developing the Historical Areas.
- Best practices for dealing with Historical Areas & Buildings.
- Branding the City Heritage.
- Art, Music, Interaction visualization media and its impact on human.
Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Not only you get to hear presentations, but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You learn from experts in the field.
It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
Conferences can also expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research.
The conference proceedings will be published by one or more journals from ELSEVIER or Taylor & Francis.
The Proceedings shall be included in the journals as a part of their services in Open Access Journals.
The Participants are granted internationally recognized certificates from Helwan University and IEREK which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
- Elementary Review:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- First Acceptance:
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
- Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
- Second Acceptance:
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
- Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
The Publication will be at ‘Resourceedings’ Journal by Springer, which is supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material. Thus, such outstanding material will lead to indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as Scopus and Thomson Reuters
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Cairo Opera House, Egypt.
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||November 18, 2018|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||December 3, 2018||Acceptance is issued once a positive feedback is received from the reviewing committee.|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||March 5, 2019|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||July 1, 2019|
|Early Payment Deadline||December 20, 2018||Late payment fees are mandatory after this date.|
|Late Payment Deadline||May 14, 2019|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||August 1, 2019|
|Conference Program||August 30, 2016|
|Conference Launch||September 19, 2019||September 21, 2019|
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference. These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1).
- – Payment for an author is mandatory after he/she has received a notice of preliminary acceptance as confirmation of attendance.
- – The payment deadline is expected to be met only 3 DAYS after each author has received his/her primary acceptance.
- The fees of Conference book (hard copy + flash memory) for audiences and co- authors, is shown in the table row 4.
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 5).
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a $100 administration charge. If the proceedings book is already published, the fees cannot be refunded.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
|1. Fees for Authors||$ 400|
|2. Fees for 1st Co-Authors||$ 200|
|3. Fees for (2nd-5th) Co-Authors (per person)||$ 100|
|4. Fees for publication online in open access at sciencedirect.com||$ 100|
|5. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners||$ 300|
|1. Fees for Authors||L.E. 1500|
|2. Fees for 1st Co-Authors||L.E. 800|
|3. Fees for (2nd-5th) Co-Authors (per person)||L.E. 600|
|4. Fees for publication online in open access at sciencedirect.com||$ 100|
|5. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners||L.E. 800|
-If for any personal reason, you will not be attending the conference, you’ll be asked to provide a presentation and contact one of our scientific committee members for an extra fee, in order to present your work instead of you.
-If your visa got rejected, or if you weren’t able to get a security clearance for travel, kindly provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances, and we will assign a member of the scientific committee for free to present your paper, after you’ve completed a PowerPoint presentation, only if a co-author will not be able to provide a presentation in your place, where in order for the co-author to present he will be required to pay the co-author fees as well.
-Once a visa letter and an acceptance letter has been issued, a refund will not be possible.
For Co-Authors, Audience, and Workshop attendees;
-Refund before the event with a duration of 45 days will be allowed in full, only deducted the fees for the transaction.
-Refund after the given duration of 45 days will only occur in case of Visa rejection, proof of rejection must be submitted, and according to the rejection reason refund amount will be determined as the following;
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicants fault for not submitting the required papers for the visa, refund will occur with administrative fees deducted from the total amount ONLY if before the event’s date, no refunds after the event’s date will occur.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the Applicant can’t be accounted for, refund will occur with transaction fees deducted.
Assistant Professor in Architecture Department, Faculty of Fine Arts, Helwan University in Egypt.
|Mansour Ibrahim Abd-elhady El-Mansy||
Professor of Sculpture Department of Art Education & Dean of Specific Education Faculty–Assiut University
Professor at Painting department, Faculty of Fine Arts, Alexandria University
|Abeer Hassan Abdo Mostafa||
Professor of advertisement design – Advertising department – Faculty of Applied Arts – Helwan University
|Ashraf Zaki Abd el Rahman||
Head of Advertising and Graphic Design at the Faculty of Arts and Pharos University in Alexandria Division
|Ahmed Ragab Sakr||
Dean of Faculty of Fine Arts, El Minia University
Professor in Archtecture Department, Helwan University
Vice Dean for the environment and society at Helwan University
Vice Dean for Education and Students at Helwan University
Professor in Graphics at Helwan University.
|Mohamed Mohamed Ghaleb Hassan||
Associate Professor of Graphic Department , Faculty of Fine Arts , Helwan University
|Badr Eldin Awad Badr Awad||
Badr Eldin Awad Badr Awad
Professor of Energy Physics at the University of Athens
Professor of Architecture, Reader, and Researcher in the fields of museum and heritage studies, material culture, Lincolin University, UK.
Vallès School of Architecture, Barcelona
Emeritus Professor of Architectural Design, RIBA Visiting Board Panel and Member Scientific Committee, PLEA, Cardiff University.
Associate professor of Architecture Regeneration at Oxford Brookes University.
Head of Faculty branch of Architectural Engineering, Beirut Arab University.
|Hasan Hüseyin Balik||
Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Electrical and Electronics, Yildiz Technical University
Assistant Professor of Urban Design , Regional Planning, History and Design at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Kore University of Enna.
|Muhammad Abdul Mujeebu||
Associate Professor, College of Architecture and Planning, Department of Building Engineering, University of Dammam