What is BIM?
Autodesk BIM is an intelligent model-based process that helps owners and service providers achieve business results by enabling more accurate, accessible, and actionable insight throughout project execution and lifecycle.
BIM changes the way companies work—both internally and externally. Projects have become more and more complex, requiring firms to manage and share immense amounts of data across diverse and distributed teams.
By enabling greater insight into the project at any point in its lifecycle, BIM helps AEC service providers to improve accuracy, efficiency, and productivity, resulting in time and cost savings.
The significant value-added benefits that BIM-ready firms can provide include: faster project approvals, more predictable outcomes, sustainable design and analysis services, and improved collaboration and information sharing for integrated project delivery strategies.
This course is aimed at those starting out with Revit Architecture, being suitable for both architectural technicians and architectural engineers, and begins with the basic concepts and techniques. Delivered by a Revit Professional Architectural Engineer, this course is structured to include typical Revit workflows and provides detailed tuition based around real-world examples and practical tutorials.
There is many Benefits for the architects to use the Revit Architecture in their projects which save too much time in the design process and connect all the project participant with each others too much easily throw the BIM system, Not only but also gives the architect many advantages such as :
- Applying design Ideas & Concept in suitable 3D-Model with true and accurate dimension .
- Execute the expected bill of quantities of the building finishing materials .
- Exchange data & documents through BIM construction system .
- Figuring problems which will confuse the design phase before the construction phase through the BIM system .
1- Getting started :
- What is the BIM SYSTEM?
- Dealing with User Interface .
- Using template files .
2- Starting a project in Revit :
- Get some fundamentals with simple design .
- What is Levels ?
- Creating a project’s levels .
3- Creating the building elements :
- Using walls, floors, roof, doors, windows, stairs…etc .
- modifying and changing elements parameters .
4- Documenting the project :
- Making a project shots with camera .
- Sections and legend .
- Creating the submission sheets .
5- Revit fundamentals :
- Know your editing tools .
- Views in Revit, categories and subcategories, object styles, visibility/graphic, overrides.
- Printing settings, import and export .
6- Before getting advanced :
- What is the sketch concept and how to use it in a project ?
- What is the profile and making a project with it ?
- Opening tools in Revit .
7- Getting advanced :
- Make your own template, modelling concept in Revit .
- Modelling principles (1) “Dealing with work plane, and how to make one with reference plane” .
- Modelling principles (2) “Modelling 5 commands” .
- What is a family and how to edit it ?
- Applying materials and lightings to the project and getting a rendered images .
8- Extended modelling techniques :
- How to make a spider connection in a curtain walls ?
- Adding a sheet composition panels to the building .
- Wall revel, wall sweep and adding it with a custom profiles .
- Roof by extrusion and dormers .
- Fascia and gutters .
- Railings and fences .
9- Drafting in Revit :
- Using the annotation tools to draft .
- Adding dimensions, masking and filled regions, detail line, detail components, repeat components and isolation .
- Tags and schedules .
Students will be required to bring their own laptops.
|Fees for Foreigners||$ 200|
|Fees For Egyptians||L.E 800|
|Course Duration||48 Hrs|