CALL FOR PAPERS
- 10 April / 12 April 2018
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen, Netherlands
The Architecture and Environmental Studies (AES) is created to be a platform for all early career researchers, practitioners and students from all around the world, helping them to share ideas, and to expand networks for scholars.
AES is an international conference that focuses on Sustainability and how it is approached by Architecture and Environmental Studies’. AES engages with real life problems that affect the buildings on all scales, cities, and environment where it also discusses the built environment, and the factors that assist in shaping the built environment and how it affects our lives and our activities. IEREK for International Experts for Research Enrichment and Knowledge Exchange welcomes the abstract submissions to our Early Career conference.
The Early Career conference in Architecture and Environmental Studies help researches to know more about the different fields that interest them, it saves them time by presenting experience in multiple fields to help them advance quickly at the field that they choice. The conference prepares participants for a career in Architecture and Environmental Studies professions.
As well this conference will give early career researchers the chance to socialize, collaborate and communicate with others working in Architecture and Environmental Studies. The conference will bring together participants to present and discuss their work and ideas in a welcoming interactive environment. Participants will receive feedback, new ideas, and will learn how to decisively develop their profiles to help with their career advancements, and with the chance of getting their papers
The conference proceedings will be published in ARChive, and the selected articles in ESSD - Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development.
- Zero Energy Buildings and Renewable Energy Systems.
- Urban and Regional Policies.
- New challenges in urban planning.
- Technology and its impact on Architecture, Environment, and Design Approaches.
- Climate Change and Adaptive Buildings.
- Architecture and Human Behavior.
- Architectural Design and Construction Materials.
- Environmental Approaches to Architectural Design.
- Design Approaches to Landscape Architecture.
- Smart Specialization Strategies.
- Gated Communities and their Impact on Future Cities
- Strategies, for Creating and Maintaining Communities.
- Microclimate Development Approaches.
- Historical buildings and retro-fitting.
- Religion and Culture, and their Impact on Architecture.
- Enhancement of Quality of Life through Architecture.
- Transportation systems, networks and Technology.
- Building Performance Simulation Tools.
- Modelmaking in the Digital Age: From craftsmanship to automated production.
Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a CD. The CD will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
Digital Archive All conference papers are archived online in the IEREK E-Library (http://www.IEREK.com) where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
Journal participants may attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our journal on IEREK website.
The conference proceedings will be published in full in the “ARChive” International Journal of Science.
Publication in the ‘Resourceedings’ Journal by Springer will only be applicable to the selected papers that will be supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material. Thus, such outstanding material will lead to indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as Scopus and Thomson Reuters.
Publication in the ESSD international journal on Environmental Science & Sustainable developmentis also only applicable for high quality manuscripts.
*For the selected papers to be published in “Resourceedings” or “ESSD”, another revision process will be added to the selected manuscripts.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||August 14, 2017|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||December 11, 2017|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||January 10, 2018|
|Early Payment Deadline||December 12, 2017|
|Late Payment Deadline||January 15, 2018|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||February 12, 2018||Will not be issued without completing the conference fees|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||February 27, 2018||Will not be issued without completing the fees, and approval of the Full Paper|
|Conference Program||March 10, 2018|
|Conference Launch||April 10, 2018||April 12, 2018|
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference.
- These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1, for the early payment or row 2 or normal payment)
- A research paper fees allow only one author, whether he is the corresponding author or any co- author to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference book in both hard and soft copy (a Printed book + a CD)
- In case of there are co- authors (1-5 maximum) Each Co-Author has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 3) without attending. In case of one or more of these author need to attend the conference, they should complete the fees to attend as audience (Shown in the table, row 5)
- The fees of Conference book (hard copy + CD) for audiences and co- authors, is shown in the table row 4
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 5).
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a €100 administration charge. If the proceedings book is already published, the fees cannot be refunded.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Cancellation or withdrawal of a paper or an abstract from our system after it has been revised and receiving its accepted has a penalty to be paid, in case of either previous payment or not, €50 for the abstract and € 150 for the full paper before its delegation.
In addition to the conference fees, Authors are required to pay a mandatory publication fee for their papers to be published as per the above instructions:
- ARChive : € 70 for a maximum of 12 pages (extras will be charged €15 each)
For High-quality manuscripts:
- ESSD: € 100 for up to 12 pages (extra page will be charged with €15 each)
For Selected Manuscripts:
- Resourceedings by Springer: € 200 for 12 pages (extra pages will be charged with €15 each)
|Fees for Authors||€ 250|
|Fees for Audience / Attending Co-Author||€ 200|
|Fees for Co-Authors (Not Attending)||€ 50|
|Proceeding Fees (Include Conference Book and USB Flash)||€ 50|