Al Azhar University is a university in Cairo which is associated with Al Azhar mosque, it is Egypt’s oldest degree-granting university, and one of the most prestigious universities in Egypt. Studying sections were assigned inside Al Azhar mosque since it was established. Recently, new sector has been introduced into Al Azhar University implying Engineering since 1964. Al Azhar Engineering International Conference
(AEJC) started since 1989 to be held regularly. Uniquely, the conference covers a wide range of engineering fields.
Engineering Science is one of the disciplines and careers in the community that specializes in studying various branches, such as; arts, sciences, physics, mathematics, computer and further engineering branches.
Engineering Science integrates all the previously mentioned branches together in creative ways to develop new technological solutions of engineering analysis for testing, production, maintenance and construction.
Architecture Engineering is a branch of engineering which combines art, science & Technology and application of engineering principles for the development designing, planning and construction.
Architecture is the constant innovation in designing for high-efficiency in the performance of buildings, in terms of planning, construction and lighting, while maintaining and applying the art in its form.
Technology is applied sciences that is concerned with the study of evolution and many others such as, industry, arts & crafts and all related subjects.
In Engineering, Technology aims to prepare the next generation of technical professionals in order to contribute in future developments in different technical fields.
• Bridge engineering
• Concrete and construction technology
• Construction management
• Earthquake engineering
• Environmental engineering
• Geotechnical engineering
• High way engineering
• Hydraulic and water engineering
• Materials and quality control
• Reinforced concrete
• Steel structure
• surveying and measurements
• Theory of structure
• Transportation and traffic engineering
• Circuits and systems
• Digital signal processing
• Electrical communication
• Optic electronics
• Micro electronics
• Fields and waves
• Electrical machines
• High voltage engineering
• Power electronics and electric drivers
• Power generation and transmission
• Power systems (analysis and control)
• Renewable energy
• Switch gear and protection Engineering
Systems and Computers Engineering
• Artificial intelligence
• Software Engineering
• Computer networks
• Computer architecture
• Languages engineering
• Control engineering and robotics
• Computer vision
• Knowledge & networks security
• Embedded systems
• Systems engineering
• CAD & manufacturing
• Extractive metallurgy
• Materials science
• Mine surveying
• Mineral processing
• Mining and environment
• Mining geology
• Mining technology
• Particulate material handling
• Physical metallurgy
• Nano-crystalline materials
• Amorphous and glassy materials
• Composite materials
• Thin films
• Metal hydrides, carbides and nitrides
• Mechanical alloying
• Reserve estimation
• Rock mechanics
• Electrometallurgy and electroplating
• Advanced and new materials
• Metallurgy of forming
• Powder metallurgy
Mathematics and Physics
• Adaptive solutions techniques
• Al based methods
• Applied mathematics
• Optimization methods
• Physical systems: modeling and simulation
• Soft computing techniques
• Dynamical systems and application
• Mathematical physics
• Control theory and optimization
• Nuclear spectroscopy
• Solid state physics and application
• Combustion and flame
• New and renewable energy
• Heat and mass transfer
• Air conditioning and refrigeration
• Aeronautics and aerodynamics
• Environmental pollution and control
• Automatic control
• Nuclear energy
• Manufacturing processes and systems
• Industrial engineering
• Engineering materials and powder metallurgy
• Machine design and mechanisms
• Stress analysis
• Biomedical engineering
• Computer aided design and computer aided manufacturing
• Architecture education
• Architecture and human behavior
• Construction and building technology
• Design and sustainability
• Theories of design and architecture
• Precedents in architecture
• Architecture in Islamic world
• Urban design and development
• Visual assessment and criticism-AlO professional practice
City and Regional Planning
• Development of rural and desert regions
• Development of tourism areas
• Ecology and pollution
• Urban planning education
• Infrastructure and urban development
• Impact of planning development of urban planning
• Impact of privatization on urban planning
• Islamic cities
• Problems of large cities
• Problems of new towns
• Urban planning
• Water resources and urban development
Since conferences are the places where new science results are typically first presented, attending conferences organized by IEREK can be very rewarding due to below reasons:
- Open Discussions: You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about.
- Venue: Getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
- Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
- Networking: Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects.
- Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will create an impression that you are an active member of the academic community.
- Conference Proceedings Material: Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
- Publications: Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
- IEREK Press: All conference papers are archived online in the IEREK Journal while journal participants can attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our online journal.
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference.
- These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1, for the early payment or row 2 for normal payment)
- A research paper fees allow only one author, whether he is the corresponding author or any co- author to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference book in both hard and soft copy (a Printed book + a CD)
- In case of there are co- authors (1-5 maximum) Each Co-Author has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 4) without attending. In case of one or more of these author need to attend the conference, they should complete the fees to attend as audience (Shown in the table, row 5)
- Conference book will include a collective summary of (abstracts- conference program- PowerPoint presentations).
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 5).
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a $100 administration charge. . If the acceptance letter was sent, then this means that proceedings book is already in the publishing process, which means the fees cannot be refunded.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Cancellation or withdrawal of a paper or an abstract from our system after it has been revised and receiving its accepted has a penalty to be paid, in case of either previous payment or not, $50 for the abstract and $150 for the full paper, or EGP 200 for the Abstract and EGP 700 for the Full Paper for Egyptian, before its delegation.
|1. Fees for Authors (Early booking Before 21-Jan-18)||$ 300|
|2. Fees for Authors (Standard Booking from 21-Jan-18 to Oct 7, 2018)||$ 400|
|3. Fees for publication online||$ 100|
|4. Fees for Non Attending Co-Author (1st-5th)||$ 50|
|5. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners / Attending Co-Author||$ 300|
|6. Late Payment, added value to standard fees (After 7-Oct-18)||$ 100|
|1. Fees for Authors (Early booking Before 21-Jan-18)||EGP 1200|
|2. Fees for Authors (Standard Booking from 21-Jan-18 to Oct 7, 2018)||EGP 1500|
|3. Fees for publication online||$ 100|
|4. Fees for Non Attending Co-Author (1st-5th)||EGP 500|
|5. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners / Attending Co-Author||EGP 800|
|6. Late Payment, added value to standard fees (After 7-Oct-18)||EGP 500|
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||December 25, 2017|
|Last Notification of First Acceptance||January 6, 2018|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||March 17, 2018|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||July 17, 2018|
|Early Payment Deadline||January 21, 2018|
|Late Payment Deadline||October 7, 2018|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||October 15, 2018|
|Final Approval of Full Paper||November 8, 2018|
|Conference Program||November 6, 2018|
|Conference Days||December 3, 2018||December 4, 2018|
- Once an acceptance letter has been issued, this means that the proceedings book is already in the publishing process and a refund will not be possible.
- In case your visa got rejected or if you were not able to get a security clearance for travel:
- You are required to provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances and in that case, you may choose to let your co-author present your research on your behalf free of charge, without having to pay an attendance fee. If you do not have a co-author, we will assign a member of the scientific committee to present on your behalf.
- If you, as an author, and your co-author are both attending the conference, your co-author will be required to pay an attendance fee.
- Kindly note that once you have uploaded your Abstract or Full Paper, this means you are accepting its publishing on IEREK, accordingly, your submission will only be removed from our website according to the following policy:
- If the Abstract or Full Paper was rejected by the reviewing committee, no penalties or payments are needed to be paid.
- In case the Abstract was accepted or you received the Preliminary Acceptance of your full paper, this means that an effort was done by the reviewing committee in the revision process and by IEREK staff members so removal of your Abstract / Paper from the website, will not be possible unless the revision fees are paid as follows:
- For an Abstract: $50
- For a Full Paper: $150
For Egyptians who wish to withdraw an Abstract or Full Paper, the revision fees are paid as follows:
- For an Abstract: EGP 200
- For a Full Paper: EGP 700
- This policy is used to ensure the commitment and the seriousness of an author when his/ her paper is accepted to complete his/her registration and not be limited to only getting the acceptance.
- As a research institute that encourages the propagation of peer-reviewed, research-based manuscripts, all authors must understand the gravity and seriousness of the publication process and be fully committed to it.
An author having more than one paper will enjoy 40% discount on the second paper, this applies only on conference fees excluding publications
- You will receive a full refund if you send your request 45 days before the event, in that case, only a 20 percent transaction fee will be deducted.
- If you request a refund after the 45 days period, you will only get approval in the case that your visa has been rejected and you have submitted the rejection letter itself. According to the reason of rejection from the embassy or consulate, the amount of money refunded back to you will be determined based on the following:
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicant’s fault for not submitting the required documents to receive a visa, an administrative fee will be deducted from the amount refunded back to the applicant ONLY if he/she sends the request before the event as no refunds are allowed after the given date.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the applicant cannot be accounted for, a refund will be allowed with the 20 percent transaction fees deducted.
- Please note that IEREK is only responsible for providing applicants with visa invitation letters that will help ease the process of receiving the visa but is not responsible for the approval or rejection of applicants who apply for visas.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
- Elementary Review:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- First Acceptance:
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
- Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
- Second Acceptance:
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
- Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
Grand Royal Motel, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
The conference proceedings will be published by Routledge, Baheth and Archive
If you need your research to be translated, we now offer professional translation for your research From Arabic and Italian to English.
The fees for the translation are as follows:Italian English
|Paper upto 8 Pages||EGP 800|
|Each extra page||EGP 150|
|Paper upto 8 Pages||€160|
|Each extra page||€25|
|Agis M. Papadopoulos||
Professor, Director of the Process Equipment Design Laboratory, School of Engineering, Aristotle University Thessaloniki, Greece.
Post-Doc Researcher, Process Equipment Design Laboratory School of Engineering, Aristotle.
Professor of Energy Physics at the University of Athens and visiting professor at many Universities at Cyprus, London, Tokyo, Bolzano, Brunnel and Singapore.
Emeritus Professor of Architectural Design, RIBA Visiting Board Panel and Member Scientific Committee, PLEACardiff University, Cardiff University.
|Yasser Osman Mahgoub||
Head of Department of Architecture and Urban Planning College of Engineering.
|Nawaf Hazim Saeid||
Professor in Mechanical Engineering and Assistant Vice Chancellor (Research) Universiti Teknologi Brunei.
Professor andvspecialization in Philosophy of Aesthetics at the School of Architecture of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
Professor of Urban and Environmental Design at Architecture Department at Effat University.
Director of Remote Sensing and Spatial Studies Unit, College of Engineering and Technology, Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AAST).
|Ajay K Singh||
Post-doctoral researcher of the Pohang University of Science and Technology.
Associate Professor of Architecture at the Department of Architecture and Urban Planning at Qatar University.
|Mohamed Maher Shahin||
Professor of Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Faculty of Civil Engineering – Alexandria University.
|Mohamed Hosny Abdelrahim||
Associate Prof. (Surveying & Geodesy Chair Person) Faculty of Engineering. Civil Engineering - Transportation Department Alexandria University, Egypt.
Associate Professor in architectural design using digital simulation in forecasting their movements and behavior, Head of Faculty branch of Architectural Engineering, Beirut Arab University.
Professor of Urban Design , Regional Planning, History and Design at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Kore University of Enna.
Associate Professor. Department of Architectural Engineering, Faculty of Engineering,. Alexandria University.
|Md. Abdul Mannan||
Professor at Civil Engineering at Univiersiti Malaysia Sarawak,UNIMAS
Professor in Architectural Engineering Department Faculty of Engineering, University of Pharos, enrolled in many fellowships, academic and professional memberships.
Assistant Professor in Architectural Engineering since 2013. College of Engineering. Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat
|Samer El sayary||
Professor at Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, an academic lecturer who explores the boundaries of local heritage and develops it using research and computer.
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, University "Kore" of Enna.