Sports evolve over time, new technology and science play a pivotal role in these changes by providing athletes and coaches with important information about nutrition and training. It also helps in analyzing this information, which ultimately enhances athletic performance in sports.
Physiology plays an important role in understanding the mechanisms of the human body and therefore understanding how to improve athletes’ performances. It also helps in analyzing the body’s response to training and consequently decides the appropriate training for the athlete. Physiologists are now learning more about the role of genetic factors in athletic performance.
Genes are not the only factor influencing muscle fibers in the human body; they are also influenced by training, environment, and nutrition. In that regard, athletes and coaches must understand the interaction between these factors in order to achieve better sports’ performance.
Physiology, biochemistry and nutrition are studies that affected the understanding of muscle functions, and therefore explain how to improve sports performance for athletes. Sports nutrition plays a key role in athletic performance and without the proper fuel; the human body can’t achieve peak sports performance. Nutritionists help athletes to plan diets and ensure getting the proper nutrition in the proper time during training, competition and recovery.
IEREK (International expert for research enrichment and Knowledge management) is proud to present this conference in Collaboration with under the full scientific sponsorship of the Faculty of physical education Abu Qir – Alexandria University Egypt.
ISCASS is dedicated to the study of current challenges and future focused ideas in physical sports, sports education and its applied science. It touches upon many aspects of athletes’ lifestyles and surrounding environments that include general health, Physiology, Psychology and Community effects. Moreover, the conference will cover the economy of sports in relation to how to better invest and finance sports & athletics on the other hand Media effect and its ethics will be an important topic in this conference.
The conference proceedings will be published in full in ARChive International Journal. Only selected papers will be published in the Resourceedings Journal by Springer or ESSD - the international journal on Environmental Science & Sustainable development..
- Future Trends and Challenges in Physical Education & Sports.
- Sports Nutrition, Exercise Metabolism and Sports Performance.
- Recent Trends in Health and Sports Science.
- Sports Medicine and Exercise Physiology.
- Sports Management, Sports Tourism and Economy of Nation.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Sports.
- Sports Industrialization, Sports Journalism, Ethics & Legal Issues in Sports.
- Sports Performance, Sports Training and Sports Biomechanics.
- Exercise and Physical Fitness.
- Sport Pedagogy.
- Psychological Interventions and Mental Health.
- Socialization through Sports.
Since conferences are the places where new science results are typically first presented, attending conferences organized by IEREK can be very rewarding due to below reasons:
- Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Applied Sports Sciences.
- Internationally Accredited Certificate: The Participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
- Conference Proceedings Material: Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
- Publications: The conference proceedings will be published by one or more journals from Springer. The Proceedings shall be included in the journals as a part of their services in Open Access Journals.
- IEREK Press: All conference papers are archived online in the IEREK Journal while journal participants can attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our online journal.
- Venue: Getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people and culture.
- Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
- Networking: Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects.
- Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will create an impression that you are an active member of the academic community.
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:Elementary Review:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
- Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
- Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
- Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
- Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author of the paper will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to the final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
Those with full papers and who have paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
- Is the topic relevant to the conference?
- Is the writing and structure clear?
- Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
- Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
- Are the objectives of the study achieved?
- Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
- Has the author used an appropriate methodology and has it been clearly explained?
- Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
- Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a PhD candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference.
- These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1, for the early payment or row 2 for normal payment)
- A research paper fees allow only one author, whether he is the corresponding author or any co- author to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference book in both hard and soft copy (a Printed book + a CD)
- In case of there are co- authors (1-5 maximum) Each Co-Author has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 4) without attending. In case of one or more of these author need to attend the conference, they should complete the fees to attend as audience (Shown in the table, row 5)
- Conference book will include a collective summary of (abstracts- conference program- PowerPoint presentations).
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 5).
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a $100 administration charge. . If the acceptance letter was sent, then this means that proceedings book is already in the publishing process, which means the fees cannot be refunded.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
- Cancellation or withdrawal of a paper or an abstract from our system after it has been revised and receiving its accepted has a penalty to be paid, in case of either previous payment or not, $50 for the abstract and $150 for the full paper, or EGP 200 for the Abstract and EGP 700 for the Full Paper for Egyptian, before its delegation.
For High-quality manuscripts:
For Selected Manuscripts:
|1. Author's Fees (Early Payment - Before May 28, 2017)||$ 300|
|2. Author's Fees (Regular Payment - May 28, 2017 to August 11, 2017)||$ 400|
|4. Fees for Non Attending Co-Author||$ 50|
|5. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners / Attending Co-Author||$ 300|
|6. Late Payment (Added to the regular payment After August 11, 2017)||$ 50|
|7. Student (Undergraduate)||$ 100|
|1. Author's Fees (Early Payment - Before May 28, 2017)||EGP 1200|
|. Author's Fees (Regular Payment - May 28, 2017 to August 11, 2017)||EGP 1500|
|4. Fees for Non Attending Co-Author||EGP 500|
|5. Fees for Audiences / Students / Listeners / Attending Co-Author||EGP 800|
|6. Late Payment (Added to the regular payment After August 11, 2017)||EGP 500|
|7. Student (Undergraduate)||EGP 300|
- Once an acceptance letter has been issued, this means that the proceedings book is already in the publishing process and a refund will not be possible.
- In case your visa got rejected or if you were not able to get a security clearance for travel:
- You are required to provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances and in that case, you may choose to let your co-author present your research on your behalf free of charge, without having to pay an attendance fee. If you do not have a co-author, we will assign a member of the scientific committee to present on your behalf.
- If you, as an author, and your co-author are both attending the conference, your co-author will be required to pay an attendance fee.
- Kindly note that once you have uploaded your Abstract or Full Paper, this means you are accepting its publishing on IEREK, accordingly, your submission will only be removed from our website according to the following policy:
- If the Abstract or Full Paper was rejected by the reviewing committee, no penalties or payments are needed to be paid.
- In case the Abstract was accepted or you received the Preliminary Acceptance of your full paper, this means that an effort was done by the reviewing committee in the revision process and by IEREK staff members so removal of your Abstract / Paper from the website, will not be possible unless the revision fees are paid as follows:
- For an Abstract: $50
- For a Full Paper: $150
For Egyptians who wish to withdraw an Abstract or Full Paper, the revision fees are paid as follows:
- For an Abstract: EGP 200
- For a Full Paper: EGP 700
- This policy is used to ensure the commitment and the seriousness of an author when his/ her paper is accepted to complete his/her registration and not be limited to only getting the acceptance.
- As a research institute that encourages the propagation of peer-reviewed, research-based manuscripts, all authors must understand the gravity and seriousness of the publication process and be fully committed to it.
An author having more than one paper will enjoy 40% discount on the second paper, this applies only on conference fees excluding publications
- You will receive a full refund if you send your request 45 days before the event, in that case, only a 20 percent transaction fee will be deducted.
- If you request a refund after the 45 days period, you will only get approval in the case that your visa has been rejected and you have submitted the rejection letter itself. According to the reason of rejection from the embassy or consulate, the amount of money refunded back to you will be determined based on the following:
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicant’s fault for not submitting the required documents to receive a visa, an administrative fee will be deducted from the amount refunded back to the applicant ONLY if he/she sends the request before the event as no refunds are allowed after the given date.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the applicant cannot be accounted for, a refund will be allowed with the 20 percent transaction fees deducted.
- Please note that IEREK is only responsible for providing applicants with visa invitation letters that will help ease the process of receiving the visa but is not responsible for the approval or rejection of applicants who apply for visas.
Faculty of Physical Education, Alexandria University
For participants who need Entry Visas, IEREK will issue a visa letter for applicants who are accepted to present at our conferences.
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
The conference proceedings will be published in full in the “ARChive” International Journal of Science.
Publication in the ‘Resourceedings’ Journal by Springer will only be applicable to the selected papers that will be supervised by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material. Thus, such outstanding material will lead to indexing of the series in well-known indexing databases such as Scopus and Thomson Reuters.
Publication in the ESSD international journal on Environmental Science & Sustainable developmentis also only applicable for high quality manuscripts.
*For the selected papers to be published in “Resourceedings” or “ESSD”, another revision process will be added to the selected manuscripts.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||April 10, 2017|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||April 20, 2017|
|Full Paper Deadline||June 28, 2017|
|Last Notification for Full Paper Acceptance||July 5, 2017|
|Full paper acceptance||July 28, 2017|
|Early Payment Deadline||May 28, 2017|
|Late Payment||August 11, 2017|
|Conference Program||September 12, 2017|
|Conference Launch||October 12, 2017||October 14, 2017|
Senior Lecturer in the Institute of Sport, Physical Education and Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh
|William Guyton Hornsby||
Teaching Assistant Professor of Athletic Coaching Education, West Virginia University
Professor at Faculty of Sport and Physical Education, University of Niš
Lecturer in the Institute of Sport, Physical Education and Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh
Professor at Faculty of Sport and Physical Education, University of Niš
Professor at Department of individual sports and Department of theoretical and methodological subjects, University of Niš
Professor at Department of Exercise Physiology, School of Kinesiology, University of Minnesota
|A.C. Hackney, PhD, DSc, Professor||
Professor of Exercise Physiology & Nutrition University of North Carolina
Associate Professor in Physical Education & Associate Proctor at Manipal University Jaipur