Hurry Up!! and submit your Full Paper,
The deadline for submission is October 28, 2016
The deadline for submission is October 28, 2016
Alternative energy, being mainly considered as renewable energy, appears to be one of the pivotal ‘wedges’ that can combat global warming and stabilize the climate, through the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions. Moreover, much of alternative energy is evenly distributed on earth and may be harvested in such way that can overcome the geographical inequalities.
The world is in critical need to search for alternative and renewable energy, where the importance of its technologies have been growing significantly. Due to a number of reasons, this is extremely important for the future of our society. Renewable energy still has a long way to go, in order to replace fossil fuels and become a primary source of energy consumption, but current policies, social awareness and academic research are definitely moving in the right direction. This trend is especially relevant in the field of on-site implementation. From territorial to building scale, the energy question has turned to be essential in physical planning and design. The integration of alternative energy technology in Cities, Districts and Buildings will significantly decrease the current levels of greenhouse gas emissions, thus having a positive environmental impact for our entire planet.
“Alternative & Renewable Energy Quest in Architecture and Urbanism”, the AREQAU conference organized by IEREK and ETSAV – Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – BarcelonaTECH, seeks to promote and disseminate knowledge of the integration of technologies of renewable and alternative energy in physical design.
The AREQAU conference aims to showcase to the international community, the groundbreaking results of the work in the fields of renewable energy research, development, application or design. It will provide a platform for researchers, scientists, manufacturers, institutions, world agencies, and societies to keep up with new developments in theory and physical design applications and to provide alternative energy solutions to current issues such as the greenhouse effect, sustainable and clean energy issues. AREQAU conference is a unique chance that provides opportunities for the delegates to exchange new ideas and application experiences face to face, to establish business or research relations and to find global partners for future collaboration.
The conference proceedings will be published by ELSEVIER at the Procedia journal “Energy”. ELSEVIER shall include the journal as a part of (Sciencedirect.com) services in open access. The Participants are granted internationally recognized certificates from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and IEREK which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Renewable Energy harvesting & Biophysical Matrix.
• Production of Alternative Energy Sources
• Biomass Utilization and Conversion .
• Solar Energy and Thermal Application .
• Wind Energy .
• Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Applications .
Renewable Energy production at community scale.
• The Distributive Design discourse
• Geothermal Energy and ground-‐source heat pump .
• Solar Energy and Thermal Application .
The building as a Renewable Energy Plant.
• Geothermal Energy and ground-‐source heat pump .
• Solar Energy and Thermal Application .
City infrastructure and Renewable Energy distribution
• From centralization to territorial distribution .
District and Block, distribution on demand.
• Grid Interactive Systems .
The near zero energy building concept.
• On the track of energy consumption control
• Innovative Bioclimatic Architecture .
• Green Building, Green Facades and Passive Designs .
ICT in city scale energy use & optimization.
• Energy use enhancement in the Smart City discourse
• Renewable Energy System in Smart Cities .
Energy Management in District Energy Systems.
• Modelling Energy flow and District Performance Simulation .
Energy Savings and Performance in Buildings.
• Analysis and monitoring of renewable energy systems in buildings .
New Trends & Research in Renewable Energy.
• Applied research as powerhouse for the RE economy
• Applications .
• Novel Energy Conversion .
• Case Studies .
Eco-friendly modes of transportation.
Reduce emission from vehicles.
Public Awareness & Education on Renewable Energy.
• The role of institutions in RE social outreach .
Governance & Policy Making for Renewable Energy.
• State of art in RE policies. Future Challenges
• Financing in RE and implementation .
- Infrastructure Transportation Networks,and Energy Efficiency for Sustainable Development
Attending conferences is very beneficial on the professional level. Conferencesare full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
You not only get to hear presentations but also converse with other researchers from different universities and even countries you may have only heard or read about. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Not to mention, getting an overview of the place or city where the conference is being held and learning about its people andculture.
Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technology is related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
It is an opportunity to engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hard cover book or in digital format on a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Indexing and Archiving Papers presented at IEREK conferences regularly appear in notable reviews, publications and databases, including referencing and abstract.
Digital archive all conference papers are archived online in the IEREK Library (http://www.IEREK.com) where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
Journal participants may attend after the conference to submit an enhanced version of their research for possible publication at our journal on IEREK website.
|Date From||Date To||Notes|
|Abstract Submissions Deadline||September 1, 2016|
|Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance||September 15, 2016||Acceptance is issued once a positive feedback is received from the reviewing committee.|
|Early Payment Deadline||September 30, 2016|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||October 28, 2016|
|Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance||November 30, 2016|
|Regular Payment Deadline||September 23, 2016||November 23, 2016||[ A requirement after a paper has received preliminary acceptance!]|
|Late Payment Deadline||November 23, 2016||January 23, 2017||Late payment fees are mandatory after this date.|
|Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)||November 11, 2016||December 18, 2016||Will not be issued without completing the conference fees.|
|Letter of Final Acceptance||December 18, 2016||Will not be issued without completing the fees, and approval of the Full Paper.|
|Conference Program||January 4, 2017|
|Conference Launch||February 1, 2017||February 3, 2017|
Once an abstract is submitted, it will be sent to the reviewers committee to go through the revision process:
Once an abstract has been submitted to our website, it is assigned for review by the reviewers using the abstract review sheet and validation of publication. This is based on four criteria:
· Accepted for publication (with minor editing changes).
· Conditionally accepted for publication (with revisions provided to authors).
· Rejected but encouraged for re-submission with major modifications.
· Rejected as inappropriate or unworthy of publication in this certain conference.
The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are as follows; a relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented as well as a sound literature and methodology of work.
Authors will receive a notification message to know the feedback of the reviewers committee. If an author receives the acceptance of his or her abstract, he or she has to continue writing the full-length paper using the requested templates.
Uploading Full-Length Paper:
Authors who are allowed to upload their full-length paper(s) should use the same account details to upload their full paper(s).
The final paper will proceed to the primary revision to be checked if it meets the conference proceedings standards. Once it gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the fees so that it could be sent for the final revision by the scientific committee.
In this step, and to proceed paper(s) that passed to final revision process and to get the final approval, authors have to pay the requested fees. Otherwise, the final revision process will not be considered for their papers.
Inspections and Final Approval of Full Papers:
The full papers that paid the requested fees will get finally inspected, either scientifically or linguistically. There will be a rigorous review process of full papers following the previous process according to the following criteria:
(1) Is the topic relevant to the conference?
(2) Is the writing and structure clear?
(3) Are graphics, photos, illustrations used where needed?
(4) Are the aims of the study clearly stated?
(5) Are the objectives of the study achieved?
(6) Is the literature review relevant and adequate?
(7) Has the author used appropriate methodology and explained them clearly?
(8) Has the author interpreted the findings correctly?
(9) Is the paper a significant contribution to the field?
These are the registration and revision procedures for publication that all authors should follow.
The conference proceedings will be published by ELSEVIER at the Procedia journal “Energy”.
Also, ELSEVIER shall include the journal as a part of (Sciencedirect.com) services as open access. The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates from IEREK that they have attended the conference and presented their papers. Moreover, their papers being published by ELSIEVIER can be added to their certificates of experience and can be presented to the official authorities concerned.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit, is fraudulent. The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism. Duplicating any content, even if it is one sentence or one table without the consent of its original Author, will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
ETSAV – Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – BarcelonaTECH
ETSAV – Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – BarcelonaTECH, commonly referred to as UPC_BarcelonaTECH and also named just as UPC, is the first-ranked technological university in Spain and offers a wide range of studies in architecture, sciences and engineering.
UPC‘s objectives are based on internationalization, as it is Spain’s technical university with the highest number of international PhD students and Spain’s university with the highest number of international master’s degree students. UPC offers the highest degree of engineering/technical excellence and has bilateral agreements with several top-ranked universities across the world.
Architecture at UPC is internationally acknowledged for its excellence, being ranked among the top 25 universities worldwide. ETSAV is the Metropolitan School of Architecture at UPC and a groundbreaking institution in sustainability research and technological transfer.
Carrer de Pere Serra, 1-15, 08173 Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain
Catalonia and Barcelona has become one of the first tourist destination of Spain, it knows how to please the big majority : with a history among the oldest in Europe, a capital, Barcelona, which never sleeps and an inland full of charm not to forget beautiful beaches in La Costa Brava. The variety of artistic treasures, the Romanesque churches and the great names in modern art and architecture , Dali, Gaudi, Miro, Picasso …
Barcelona sited between the sea and the mountains, has found a formidable balance: a foot in the traditional things and the other in the avant-garde. Barcelona has the reputation of being the most cosmopolitan, modern and avant-garde city in Spain and it has renewed for the 1992 Olympic Games.
Travel to Barcelona:
Barcelona is served by Barcelona-El Prat Airport, about 17 km (11 mi) from the center of Barcelona. The airport is connected to the city by highway, commuter train (Barcelona Airport railway station) and scheduled bus service.
The city’s main Inter-city rail station is Barcelona-Sants station, whilst Estació de França terminus serves a secondary role handling suburban, regional and medium distance services.
These are the suggested hotels that you can use for Accommodation during the period of the Conference.
1- AC Hotel Victoria Suites by Marriott (0.5 Km Away)
Beltran i Ròzpide, 7-9, Les Corts, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
The hotel is located in the Pedralbes residential quarter, next to the barrio de las Corts area, the famous Camp Nou Stadium, and Football Museum. This location provides easy access to the Centre of Barcelona, El Prat airport and the train station. El Palau Reial de Pedralbes, previously a royal residence, the Palacio de Congresos, and the Fira de Barcelona exhibition centre are also within a short distance of the hotel.
2- Princesa Sofia Gran Hotel (0.6 Km Away)
Plaza Pio XII, Les Corts, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
The Hotel Princesa Sofía is located near the university area of Barcelona. At a short distance there are several of the major education centres and business schools: the University of Barcelona, the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, IESE Business School and ESADE Business & Law School.
3- Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel (1.2 Km Away)
Cardenal Reig, 11, Les Corts, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
A 7-minutes walk from Collblanc metro station, this informal spa hotel is 7 km from both the Sagrada Família and Park Güell (mosaic buildings and sculptures).
Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
However, you are required to prepare your papers according to the regulations of your country’s embassy/consulate. To do this, you will need to visit the embassy/consulate website or by contacting them.
In case of any missing document during the appointment or any other unfortunate incident that leads to your rejection, IEREK clears its responsibility as we will have done our part in providing the documents we can provide to ease the process.
- Each research paper should have at least one main author who should pay the full fees (Author’s fees + Publication Fees), even if the main author is a Master’s or a Ph.D. candidate, and even if the author won’t be able to attend the conference.
- These fees include the registration of only one author to the conference. (As shown in the table, row 1).
- A research paper fees allow only one author, whether he is the corresponding author or any co- author to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference book in both hard and soft copy (a printed book + a flash memory).
- Payment for an author is mandatory after he/she has received a notice of preliminary acceptance as confirmation of attendance.
- The payment deadline is expected to be met only 3 DAYS after each author has received his/her primary acceptance.
- In case there are co- authors (1-5 maximum) Each Co-Author has to pay the specified fees (As shown in the table, row 3) without attending. In case of one or more of these coauthors need to attend the conference, they should complete the fees to attend as an audience (Shown in the table, row 5).
- The fees of Conference book (hard copy + flash memory) for audiences and co- authors, is shown in the table row 4.
- In case students or interested audience want to attend the conference without presenting a paper, they must pay the specified fees. (As shown in the table, row 5).
- A discount for the author fees is granted to those who pay the paper fees before the July 23, 2016, allowing them to pay only (€350) instead of (€400).
- Additionally, the online open access fees at sciencedirect.com are fixed and will not get the discount offer, even if the fees were paid early.
Cancellations / Refunds
- Delegates who cancel their registration due to special circumstances less than 60 days before the start of the conference and do not have a paper published in the proceedings will receive a complete refund minus a €100 administration charge. If the proceedings book is already published, the fees cannot be refunded.
- Please notice that we will endeavor to assist you in obtaining a visa (if needed), by sending an invitation letter, but the responsibility is yours and the decision rests solely with the appropriate Embassy.
|Fees for Authors for Early Payment (Before September 23, 2016)||€ 350|
|2. Fees for Authors (Regular - Paper Fees)||€ 400|
|3. Fees for (1st-5th) Co-Authors (per person)||€ 50|
|4. Publishing and proceeding Fees (including USB Flash)||€ 100|
|5. Fees for Audiences (Learners,Interests )||€ 300|
|6. Late Payment (After November 23, 2016)||€ 500|
-If for any personal reason, you will not be attending the conference, you’ll be asked to provide a presentation and contact one of our scientific committee members for an extra fee, in order to present your work instead of you.
-If your visa got rejected, or if you weren’t able to get a security clearance for travel, kindly provide us with the rejection letter from the embassy/consulate or the office responsible for security clearances, and we will assign a member of the scientific committee for free to present your paper, after you’ve completed a PowerPoint presentation, only if a co-author will not be able to provide a presentation in your place, where in order for the co-author to present he will be required to pay the co-author fees as well.
-Once a visa letter and an acceptance letter has been issued, a refund will not be possible.
For Co-Authors, Audience, and Workshop attendees;
-Refund before the event with a duration of 45 days will be allowed in full, only deducted the fees for the transaction.
-Refund after the given duration of 45 days will only occur in case of Visa rejection, proof of rejection must be submitted, and according to the rejection reason refund amount will be determined as the following;
- If the rejection reason stated that the rejection was the applicants fault for not submitting the required papers for the visa, refund will occur with administrative fees deducted from the total amount ONLY if before the event’s date, no refunds after the event’s date will occur.
- If the rejection reason was decided for reasons that the Applicant can’t be accounted for, refund will occur with transaction fees deducted.
Professor and Head of the Department of Architecture at Pennsylvania State University, USA.
Professor, Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, Concordia University, Montreal
Founder & Chairperson at PRINCE (Promoters, Researchers & Innovators in New & Clean Energy).
Dean of the School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering (ACE), Professor at Cranfield University and an international authority in the field of sustainable engineering design.
Professor at the School of Architecture of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
|Jagat S. Jawa||
Founder and Director General of Solar Energy Society of India (SESI) which he joined in 2007. Mr. Jawa was appointed in December, 2003 as Consultant in National Hydro Power Corporation (NHPC).
Professor of Energy Physics at the University of Athens and serves as visiting professor at the Metropolitan University of London, Tokyo Polytechnic University, National University of Singapore.
|Chen-Tung Arthur Chen||
Director of Asia-Pacific Ocean Research Center, NSYSU, since 2006 and the Vice-Chair of International Geosphere Biosphere Program, since 2009.
|Jack F. Werner||
leading expert regarding the design, implementation and administration of renewable energy and energy efficiency programs, is Executive Director of the Institute for Sustainable Power (ISP)
Professor in Bioclimatic Architecture and the Urban Environment, at the Dept. of Environmental Science and she carries out research in Architecture, Energy and Environment.
Assistant Professor at Cal Poly State University, USA.
|José Manuel Santa Cruz Chao||
Professor at the Politechnic University of Madrid (U.P.M) , Madrid , Spain.
Assistant Professor in Architectural Engineering since 2013. College of Engineering. Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman.
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi and a Registered Architect From Council Of Architecture, India.
Dr. Hatem Ibrahim is an Associate Professor of Architecture at the Department of Architecture and Urban Planning at Qatar University.
Full Professor of Building Construction and Wooden Architecture, Faculty of Engineering, University of Trento, Italy and the Chief of the Laboratory of Buildin Design (LBD) - Chief of CUnEdI.
Emmanel Bozonnet is an Associate professor in La Rochelle University since 2006, Specialized in building energy (agrégation teaching qualification in 2000).
Professor of Architecture and Environmental Design, Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt
|Gotthilf Goetz Schierle||
Professor of Architecture, USC, Los Angeles. Fellow of the American Institute of Architects, recipient of the ACSA Creative Achievement Award, NSF, HUD, & FEMA research grants and founding Director of USC’s Master of Building Science Program.
|Mohamed Abdelbaki Mohamed||
Head of Urban Planning Department – Faculty of Engineering – Ain Shams University