- Architect-Engineer, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh) (1994).
- PhD in Architectural Studies and Building Technology, AUTh (2009).
- Visiting Research Associate, Harvard GSD (2004-2006), collaborating with Harvard FAS, MIT Media Lab και MIT CSAIL.
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Architecture, AUTh (2006-2009).
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Architecture, Technical University of Crete (2008-2011).
- Assistant Professor, School of Architecture, TUC (2012 – today).
- Director of the Transformable and Intelligent Environments Laboratory (TIE Lab), School of Architecture, TUC (2011 – today).
His work on dynamic, human-centered architecture involves research on kinetic structures, smart materials and responsive control systems for the creation of intelligent environments that can respond actively with ‘sense’ to the needs and wishes of people. His research specializes in transformable environments, activity-based design methods, time-space relationships, user-experience design, educational environments and spaces within extreme environmental conditions. He has developed two specific approaches for the successful implementations of IT in design titled Spatial Economy and Sensponsive Architecture. His work has been presented and published extensively through international conferences and also through design and fabrication workshops. |
Konstantinos’ thematic areas of study are interdisciplinary, rooted in the field of architecture and from there on branching out mainly into the domains of psychology, neuroscience, electrical engineering and computer science. He is the author of two books: 1)Transformations: Paradigms for Designing Transformable Spaces (2006) Harvard GSD Design and Technologies Report Series, Cambridge, MA and 2) Transformable Architecture: Movement, Adaptation, Flexibility (2011) ION Publishers, Athens.
During 1995-2012 he worked in a large number of architectural design and construction projects in Greece and abroad. In 2008 he received the Europe 40 under 40 Architecture Award and in 2014 he received the Silver Award at the International Design Awards. Currently he holds a consultant’ s position at the 124|SKG Architects research and design office.