Dr. Aylin Orbasli is an independent consultant with over fifteen years UK and international experience of working with and advising on historic buildings and areas. She trained as an architect and has specialised in conservation and heritage management. She is committed to the sustainable development and management of the historic environment.
Amongst numerous publications, she is the author of two books Tourists in Historic Towns: Urban Conservation and Heritage Management (Spon, 2000) and Architectural Conservation (Blackwell, 2008).
- Expert Member ICOMOS International Cultural Tourism and Training Committees
- Executive Board Member, ICOMOS-UK (2000–14)
- Member, ICOMOS-UK Cultural Tourism Committee (1999 – ); Education & Training Committee (1996 – , chair 2000-07)
- International Board member, International Organization for Quality Management of Cultural Heritage (HERITY) (2000 – )
- Trustee, International Monuments Trust (2005–14)
- Council Member, British Institute at Ankara (2013 – )
- Trustee, Bexley Heritage Trust (2000–07)